Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

mmm the pasta salad I made yesterday was really good...

I just mixed in what I had in the fridge, which was bell pepper, celery, grated cheese and tomato (which I only added to the salad I was eating).. and of course pasta

and for the dressing I mixed together some mayo, honey mustard and relish and a little salt and pepper...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made meatloaf last night and it turned out very yummy .... tried just a basic recipe with ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper, and diced onion .... then I added diced green pepper, worcestshire sauce, a little tabasco sauce and made a glaze with mustard, ketchup and brown sugar. We'll have leftovers of that tonight, along with a salad and maybe some rice.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

I am making meatloaf tonight too..

I make it about the same as you but I don't add the Tabasco or Worcestershire sauce and sometimes I had thyme, oregano and garlic..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I made meatloaf a few nights ago! It was good. I always add a little bit of salsa to it and it tastes SO good! Most times I use oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs and I like that better. I just love oatmeal though.

Last night we had pork chop parmesan with steamed cauliflower and sauteed onions and chickpeas. Then I put some fresh garlic butter over the cauliflower. It was fabulous! We'll probably have the leftover porkchops for dinner tonight.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why can't I get the rice right?? I CAN NEVER GET THE RICE RIGHT!!!!!!! :angry:

I am going to buy a steamer. This is ridiculous... I could mold this rice into the CN tower thats how sticky it is!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sprailenes I know what you mean totally! I find that jasmine rice doesn't do that so much as regular white rice does. Sometimes I add just a tiny bit less water than I should so that it won't stick together so much. I also find that brown rice doesn't stick as much either if it's jasmine or basmati for sure. I always cooked rice on a gas stove when I lived with my mom and since then I haven't had a gas stove so it took awhile to get used to using the electric.

Do you have a veggie steamer? They usually have a little basket that you can put on the tray. I used to just make my rice that way instead of going out and buying a rice cooker. I didn't want a unitasker as Alton Brown would say! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Sticky rice is a fav of mine so I woudn't do anything to it. :hehe:

We had a 2 for 1 coupon at Ruby Tuesday's and used it yesterday. We had a fabulous steak! Don't know if anyone has eaten there, but our meal was very very good.

Tonight I'm making zuchinni casserole and trying to use up most of my fresh vegetables!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

What the heck? It was meatloaf week and nobody told me? :o:crying:

Why can't I get the rice right?? I CAN NEVER GET THE RICE RIGHT!!!!!!! :angry:

I am going to buy a steamer. This is ridiculous... I could mold this rice into the CN tower thats how sticky it is!

I heart my steamer. It makes perfect rice every time. Perfect vegetables too. It's a Black & Decker Handy Steamer. Stackable, too, if you want to steam more than one thing.

I find most recipes call for too much water, so I always cut down on that a bit if I'm cooking rice on the stove.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I concur.. we use basmatti or jasmine rice and a rice cooker and it comes out perfectly every time.. except I find I have to watch the pop up I'm done thingy on mine.. if I don't catch it just as the thing pops up (and says it's done) the rice at the bottom of the pot will get brown.. Not sure why that happens, but rice cookers are el cheapo. and I use mine a lot. And I always cook my rice in chicken stock.. mmmmm chicken stock.

:)

Morning all! I had yesterday off.. feels good that Tuesday is Monday for me!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Oh! I forgot to report in about my dinners. :lol:

Last night was a kitchen extravaganza!! We had salmon fillets with sauteed onion and peppers over a bed of sauteed endive and onion with pine nuts, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon, and chicken broth. We also had garlic rice and steamed carrots and green beans. Whoa. We couldn't eat it all, but I had fun!

I also made peanut butter cookies 4 ways. It was a large batch so in some I crushed up some chocolate digestives, in another I crushed some candied pecans, in another I crushed some dark chocolate, and in the last I crushed some plain pecans. (My MIL had bags of them from a friend's pecan tree so I spent hours and hours shelling them when I was at her house, so I know these are real fresh. She made the candied pecans from those, also.) Anyway, I baked about a dozen of them then I rolled the rest in parchment paper and froze them. Whenever we want fresh cookies I'll just take them out and slice them. Ta daaa.

Tonight we are having beef stew with fresh biscuits. American biscuits, not digestive biscuits. :lol: It's cold, today, so that will be a nice comfort meal.

iagree.gif

I concur.. we use basmatti or jasmine rice and a rice cooker and it comes out perfectly every time.. except I find I have to watch the pop up I'm done thingy on mine.. if I don't catch it just as the thing pops up (and says it's done) the rice at the bottom of the pot will get brown.. Not sure why that happens, but rice cookers are el cheapo. and I use mine a lot. And I always cook my rice in chicken stock.. mmmmm chicken stock.

Pop up thingy? :unsure: Oh! You must have just the rice cooker.... not a steamer. My husband had (emphasis on HAD) one of those. It's now out in the garage awaiting transfer to the Amity. That thing annoyed the heck out of me. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Pop up thingy? :unsure: Oh! You must have just the rice cooker.... not a steamer. My husband had (emphasis on HAD) one of those. It's now out in the garage awaiting transfer to the Amity. That thing annoyed the heck out of me. :lol:

tee hee.. it does have a steaming basket.. but I always use both or just cook rice, never just steam.... it has a timer thingy mine does..

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

my meatloaf was so good and I plan on having a meatloaf sandwich for lunch today.. I can't wait.. that is my favourite part about making meatloaf.. yum yum

I used to cook mine in chicken stock in the rice cooker too and I noticed my rice got brown on the bottom so I started using water and the rice doesn't get as brown.. I usually add some margarine, salt and pepper and sometimes garlic powder to the rice too...

this is the one I have...

408737-1.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Take-out Chinese tonight.... We haven't had take out in a long while so we're treating ourselves, I think I'll get veggie chow mein and spring rolls!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.