Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well Mike is having a really bad day at work, i'm thinking I may have to crack open our only box of Canadian kraft dinner!

:lol:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

chicken lo Mein here with rum/coke!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Carla, I found a recipe for crackers the other day and I thought of you. They're made from flaxseed meal!

1 cup flaxseed meal

1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese

1 1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup water

Heat oven to 400F

Mix all ingredients together

Spoon onto sheet pan lined with greased parchment paper.

Spread out very thin, 1/8 inch. (I used a rolling pin.) Try to make sure that the thickness is equal all the way around. If the edges are thin push them up into the rest of the dough so that they don't brown faster than the rest of it.

Bake until the center is no longer soft, about 15-18 minutes. If it starts to look a little bit too brown around the edges take it out of the oven sooner. Let cool completely.

Let me say that I only cooked mine about 15 minutes. The next time I make them I will definitely bake them longer so that they're crispier. These crackers are fabulous, and have only 6 grams of effective carbohydrate and 35 grams of fiber! I think that you could also omit the garlic or add whatever spices you like. I loved the garlic though.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Well Mike is having a really bad day at work, i'm thinking I may have to crack open our only box of Canadian kraft dinner!

Awwwww :luv:

Crispers is awesome.

Ohmygosh! I forgot to mention that I made a sweet potato pie using this recipe: Sweet Potato Pie

It is absolutely fabulous! I almost didn't make it because the picture makes it look so terrible, but it comes out way better than that. My MIL had given me a ton of sweet potatoes at Christmas and I was trying to figure out how to get rid of them. I think I'm becoming a southern gal. :lol:

I can't believe the Food Network accepted that recipe picture on their site. That isn't very appetizing at all that picture! :blink:

Hey Carla, I found a recipe for crackers the other day and I thought of you. They're made from flaxseed meal!

1 cup flaxseed meal

1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese

1 1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup water

Heat oven to 400F

Mix all ingredients together

Spoon onto sheet pan lined with greased parchment paper.

Spread out very thin, 1/8 inch. (I used a rolling pin.) Try to make sure that the thickness is equal all the way around. If the edges are thin push them up into the rest of the dough so that they don't brown faster than the rest of it.

Bake until the center is no longer soft, about 15-18 minutes. If it starts to look a little bit too brown around the edges take it out of the oven sooner. Let cool completely.

Let me say that I only cooked mine about 15 minutes. The next time I make them I will definitely bake them longer so that they're crispier. These crackers are fabulous, and have only 6 grams of effective carbohydrate and 35 grams of fiber! I think that you could also omit the garlic or add whatever spices you like. I loved the garlic though.

Wow! That's right up my alley! Sounds great ATeam. Thank you SO much!

I have no idea what I'm making tonight. I want comfort food. Maybe something with chicken. Maybe a chicken pot pie?

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

making another pot of crock pot corn chowder for another couple friends of ours who had a newborn... we'll drop off supper to them tonite then go and pick up take out for another couple we are friends with who have (guess again) a newborn and we'll take the food to them and eat with them.. :) SO MANY BABIES :wacko:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Oh cool. I think I'm going to try that recipe!

making another pot of crock pot corn chowder for another couple friends of ours who had a newborn... we'll drop off supper to them tonite then go and pick up take out for another couple we are friends with who have (guess again) a newborn and we'll take the food to them and eat with them.. :) SO MANY BABIES :wacko:

What the heck? What's with all the babies?!!! Must have been a really cool, and fertile, Spring last year. :unsure:

Last night we had the harvest salad from Crispers. Tonight.... I don't know yet. I've just eaten Weetabix Flakes so I don't have the stomach, yet, to think of meat.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I didn't know weetbix had flakes, or if I did I forgot.

Anyhoo, hamburgers tonight. We did have the kraft dinner last night, I actually said good bye to the kraft dinner box - in english and french. No matter, I never really ate kraft dinner much :lol: - will pick some up or have someone send some though - just because!

Anyway, Mike was talking about hamburgers he used to get from the hamburger bar(s) in Australia, last night - which are pretty much the ones I used to have in NZ.

Basically, hamburger, onions, cheese, bacon, beets, pineapple, tomato, fried egg.

Ok, well I never had one with that much stuff on it, but I do like beets on my burger. So tonight - I shall cook the great Australian burger! I made the buns yesterday.

Just need beets and tomatoes.

Filed: Timeline
I didn't know weetbix had flakes, or if I did I forgot.

Wow. So much to respond to in that one little post! :lol:

Weetabix Crispy Flakes and Fiber. It's new. Well, fairly new. I've seen it for the past year or so.

ce262.jpg

Anyhoo, hamburgers tonight. We did have the kraft dinner last night, I actually said good bye to the kraft dinner box - in english and french.

Anyway, Mike was talking about hamburgers he used to get from the hamburger bar(s) in Australia, last night - which are pretty much the ones I used to have in NZ.

Basically, hamburger, onions, cheese, bacon, beets, pineapple, tomato, fried egg.

Ok, well I never had one with that much stuff on it, but I do like beets on my burger. So tonight - I shall cook the great Australian burger! I made the buns yesterday.

:o

Does anyone ever eat a burger like that? Holy smokes. Sounds like someone with a hangover and a bunch of stuff in their refrigerator came up with that burger! :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
:o

Does anyone ever eat a burger like that? Holy smokes. Sounds like someone with a hangover and a bunch of stuff in their refrigerator came up with that burger! :lol:

That is probably exactly how it came to be!!

Ok, I need those weetabix!

I have been thinking that I need a decent cereal ever since I had to throw out the fibre one.

Timeline

Hubby was JUST making a crazy burger concoction last night.. it involved eggs in some sort of "toad in the hole" concoction!! :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Hubby was JUST making a crazy burger concoction last night.. it involved eggs in some sort of "toad in the hole" concoction!! :)

Was it any good?

I don't care that much for eggs, sometimes I like a scrambled egg, that's about it - the whole toad in the hole thing...

Timeline

Was it any good?

I don't care that much for eggs, sometimes I like a scrambled egg, that's about it - the whole toad in the hole thing...

Oh noes.. I didn't "partake".. too many different kinds of things on one burger for me.. bacon, beef, eggs etc etc..

He said of his burgers "hmmmm they will take a little tweaking"..

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Was it any good?

Oh noes.. I didn't "partake".. too many different kinds of things on one burger for me.. bacon, beef, eggs etc etc..

He said of his burgers "hmmmm they will take a little tweaking"..

ok so he didn't like it either :lol:

Yeah, I don't know about this burger i'm making tonight, me making it and the ones they have in NZ/Australia - it won't be the same, i'm just hoping it will be good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.