• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We're doing a New Year's Day dinner as well - pork roast in the crockpot along with potatoes, carrots, apples and onions cooking in a sauce of apple juice and water flavoured with savoury, garlic and rosemary. Of course we also need to have the traditional Southern New Year's Day dinner with black-eyed peas and collard greens - Joe is making those - and finishing up with corn bread.

We're going to see a movie this afternoon - not sure which one yet, either The Curious Case of Benjamin Button or Doubt. That makes the crockpot so nice - I can just leave things simmering and they'll be ready when we get home.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We're doing a New Year's Day dinner as well - pork roast in the crockpot along with potatoes, carrots, apples and onions cooking in a sauce of apple juice and water flavoured with savoury, garlic and rosemary. Of course we also need to have the traditional Southern New Year's Day dinner with black-eyed peas and collard greens - Joe is making those - and finishing up with corn bread.

We're going to see a movie this afternoon - not sure which one yet, either The Curious Case of Benjamin Button or Doubt. That makes the crockpot so nice - I can just leave things simmering and they'll be ready when we get home.

That sound really good Kathryn.

We don't actually own a crockpot, I did buy one a few years ago, but I bought one that was too small - so I decided we don't really need one.

I was thinking the other day, when I made chili, that I love making meals that can be made in advance, I like that there doesn't have to be this big flurry of activity at dinner time when you are trying to get everything together.

I don't think I am a crockpot person though, I have to cook everything before I put it in a pot :lol:

Timeline
I don't think I am a crockpot person though, I have to cook everything before I put it in a pot :lol:

Ah there is no such thing!! and don't you need a pot to cook something in? Isn't that the which comes first chicken or the egg argument? :wacko:

I love my crockpot.. best way to cook a roast.. hands down.. super easy and tender

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah there is no such thing!! and don't you need a pot to cook something in? Isn't that the which comes first chicken or the egg argument? :wacko:

I love my crockpot.. best way to cook a roast.. hands down.. super easy and tender

lol

I mean I have to cook it before I...cook it :hehe: , so for instance, if i'm making chili, I cook everything (including vegetables) before it all goes in a pot together.

I just slow cook meat in the oven, which is a huge waste of electricity! I could actually do a roast in the crock pot though - so maybe it would be handy for that.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

This is what we had last night - really good and easy. I skipped the mushrooms and instead drained a can of diced tomatos (didn't want the juice) and added most of those in.

- it's a Weight Watchers recipe so extra vegies or onions would be free - I used Bob Evans Spicy sausage (not so weight watcher-ish :) ) and it turned out just super

Ground Beef and Noodle Bake

6 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles

1 pound ground round

1 cup sliced mushrooms

1/3 cup chopped onion

2 cloves garlic - minced

2 8-oz cans tomato sauce - no salt-added

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 12-oz carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese

1 8-oz carton fat-free sour cream

1/3 cup chopped green onions

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon poppy seeds

3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese - divided (3 oz)

cooking spray

Cook noodles according to package directions omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.

Cook ground round and next 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain in a colander. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add tomato sauce, pepper, and salt.

Combine cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in meat mixture, noodles, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese.

Spoon noodle mixture into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill casserole 8 hours.

5. Preheat oven to 350° F.

Remove casserole from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake, covered, at 350° F. for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.

Yield: 8 servings.

Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Starch. Per serving: Cal 288(24% from fat); Pro 27.2g; Fat 7.8g(sat 3.2f); Carb 25.8g; Fib 2g; Chol 65mg; Iron 3mg; Sod 400mg; Calc 174mg.

WW Points: 6 pt.

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

For today, I had the following:

-Went grocery shopping and bought 5 cans of canned potatoes, and 1 box of mashed potatoes

-Ate some (potato) french fries for lunch (stopped at McD's along the way)

-Had 1 can of sliced potatoes for dinner

-Ate some uncooked mashed potato flakes from the box (is that ok and healthy?)

Lol..as you can see..."I'm craving potatoes!"....Help!..... :wacko:

Ant (Still "pregnancy potato craving"...)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We made crab rangoon and greek salad tonight for supper. It was kind of a weird combination but VERY yummy!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

Back to the topic of perogies... who suggested wegmans perogies again?

Omg they are AMAZING! I just had a few (too many) and they were scrum-diddle-ee-umptious!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmmm perogies. I've got some homemade in my freezer right now. I think I might just go have a few for lunch! YUM!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline
Back to the topic of perogies... who suggested wegmans perogies again?

Omg they are AMAZING! I just had a few (too many) and they were scrum-diddle-ee-umptious!

That was MOI!! Glad you liked them, told ya so!! :P

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i made a big pot of vegie soup.. I was going to make homemade bread to go with it and had starting measuring the ingredients into the bread machine when I realized I didn't have yeast :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.