Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I always thought turkey was a standard thing for Christmas dinner, but no one in these here parts has turkey for dinner on Christmas. Is it a Canadian thing to have turkey at Christmas? I'm a little out of the loop on the turkey thing because I'm a vegetarian ... I didn't miss turkey ...I was just wondering.

I think it's mostly to do with the proximity of Thanksgiving to Christmas perhaps... 2 birds in a month is a lot...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight we are going to have....steak sandwiches!

We just had grilled cheese last night, rather hearty ones as I made the bread and that bread does not slice very thinly, very well.

So anyway, have to make more bread for sandwiches and will just make some baked potato fries and fried onions to go with it.

Tonight we are going to have....steak sandwiches!

We just had grilled cheese last night, rather hearty ones as I made the bread and that bread does not slice very thinly, very well.

So anyway, have to make more bread for sandwiches and will just make some baked potato fries and fried onions to go with it.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM to both steak sandwiches and grilled cheese on hearty bread!

We had turkey tetrazzini last night with garlic bread and a salad. Leftovers for supper.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
well she redeemed herself today :P we went out for lunch and she grabbed the check before my hubby could...

today my hubby and I went to the grocery store and got a bunch of groceries.. so we won't be eating out much anymore...

Entertaining is SOOO expensive!

When people come here they want to go to NYC, Philly and AC. I must have spent about $600 when my family came up for our wedding weekend and I only really spent 2 days with them! But you go out to eat and you pick them up things and you need to get around yea... entertaining is expensive. Plus its tiring too! :P

yeah, I really don't mind but I figured they would help out a bit more seeing as how they are staying with us... she doesn't really help with cleaning up after meals either....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
well she redeemed herself today :P we went out for lunch and she grabbed the check before my hubby could...

today my hubby and I went to the grocery store and got a bunch of groceries.. so we won't be eating out much anymore...

When people come here they want to go to NYC, Philly and AC. I must have spent about $600 when my family came up for our wedding weekend and I only really spent 2 days with them! But you go out to eat and you pick them up things and you need to get around yea... entertaining is expensive. Plus its tiring too! :P

yeah, I really don't mind but I figured they would help out a bit more seeing as how they are staying with us... she doesn't really help with cleaning up after meals either....

Well just think when you go visit them you can only hope for the same treatment!

How long are they staying for??

I always help clean when I am at someone elses house, always do the dishes, its my way of saying Thank you. I don't know I feel weird just sitting there after someone has cooked me a meal.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Well just think when you go visit them you can only hope for the same treatment!

How long are they staying for??

I always help clean when I am at someone elses house, always do the dishes, its my way of saying Thank you. I don't know I feel weird just sitting there after someone has cooked me a meal.

they got here on the 23rd and leave on the 31st...

like last night we had dinner which I made although she did help a little and then after dinner she had put her kid to bed already and was sitting on the computer while I was cleaning up after dinner :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Veggie quesedillas for me (refried beans, onions, peppers, cheese, corn) and chicken and veggie ones for hubby!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

so I feel kind of guilty for trash talking my SIL now :blush:

I was grabbing a pile of stuff that I had bought today and on the top was this bag with some stuff in it that I thought was mine so I took it upstairs and when I got there I looked inside and saw a gift card for the grocery store I usually shop at and one for our favourite restaurant... she must have bought them today when she said she was going to buy package of Vegetable soup mix... :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so I feel kind of guilty for trash talking my SIL now :blush:

I was grabbing a pile of stuff that I had bought today and on the top was this bag with some stuff in it that I thought was mine so I took it upstairs and when I got there I looked inside and saw a gift card for the grocery store I usually shop at and one for our favourite restaurant... she must have bought them today when she said she was going to buy package of Vegetable soup mix... :P

leaving the lights on isn't trash talking. we all know the frustration of that one. That was very sweet of her though. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.