2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Dunno yet...I'm running out of ideas. Do you know how hard it is to get an 8 year old to eat? GAH! She would live off Kraft Dinner and PB&J sammiches. Joel can live off hamburgers and pizza. GAH AGAIN!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Dunno yet...I'm running out of ideas. Do you know how hard it is to get an 8 year old to eat? GAH! She would live off Kraft Dinner and PB&J sammiches. Joel can live off hamburgers and pizza. GAH AGAIN!

I don't know what's for dinner tonight, since we are going grocery shopping we will see what we see there! Last night we had (pre-prepared) quesadillas plus salad and salsa and french onion soup.

I hear what you are saying Karen, my nephew used to have a list of like 5 things he would eat. As he gets older he is adding a few things - the latest is white rice.

I'm making Gnocchi with a Tomato Cream Sauce

gnocchi.jpg

TOMATO-CREAM SAUCE

3 c. canned Italian tomatoes (with liquid); drain, seed & dice tomatoes, reserving liquid, divided

2 tsp. olive or vegetable oil

1/2 c. chopped onion

1 garlic clove, minced

2 tsp. each minced fresh parsley & basil

1/4 tsp. salt

Dash pepper

3/4 c. half and half (blend of milk & cream)

In blender container process 2 cups tomatoes with the reserved liquid until pureed; set aside.

In 3 quart saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat; add onion and garlic and saute until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pureed and diced tomatoes along with the parsley, basil, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is reduced and slightly thickened, 25 to 30 minutes. Gradually stir in half and half and cook until thoroughly heated and flavors blend, 10 to 15 minutes longer (do not boil). Makes 4 servings. Fabulous with Swiss Chard Gnocchi or try this creamy sauce on cooked pasta or rice.

mmmm :thumbs:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline
I think I'll make a roast chicken dinner today. I feel the need for some comfort food.

You know, I'm just thinking, I can't remember the last time I made roasted chicken, I think it's because we only ever eat the chicken breasts. Hmm, if they have some non-frozen chickens at the store I think we might just have this too!!

I think I'll make a roast chicken dinner today. I feel the need for some comfort food.

You know, I'm just thinking, I can't remember the last time I made roasted chicken, I think it's because we only ever eat the chicken breasts. Hmm, if they have some non-frozen chickens at the store I think we might just have this too!!

Roast Chicken is comfort food at it's finest.

Enjoy!!! (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Timeline

We're breast people too. :whistle: I either make chicken noodle soup with the leftovers, or use them in Chiang Mai soup or Butter Chicken. Mmmmm.

iagree.gif

Timeline

We're breast people too. :whistle: I either make chicken noodle soup with the leftovers, or use them in Chiang Mai soup or Butter Chicken. Mmmmm.

I bought a chicken! However tonight we are going to have beef curry - tomorrow roasted lemon chicken!

Filed: Timeline
I bought a chicken! However tonight we are going to have beef curry - tomorrow roasted lemon chicken!

Mmmmmmm, I LOVE curry. I'm making roast lemon chicken right now. I've had to delay the process, somewhat, because my husband came home from work then went right back out (after taking some business calls) to work out. So now everything is on hold until he comes home. :whistle: We are having garlic lemon roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots and turnip, and brussel sprouts. Yum.

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We had boneless BBQ pork ribs, green beans, rice and gravy (after all, we *are* in the South), and cheddar cheese popovers. Not the healthiest meal to be sure, but oh my lord those ribs were some more good!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Mmmmmmm, I LOVE curry. I'm making roast lemon chicken right now. I've had to delay the process, somewhat, because my husband came home from work then went right back out (after taking some business calls) to work out. So now everything is on hold until he comes home. :whistle: We are having garlic lemon roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots and turnip, and brussel sprouts. Yum.

I think it's funny that we are both making lemon chicken, in fact I don't think I have ever made lemon chicken, well not that I can remember, however when we were at the store I thought of it and skipped back to produce to grab a lemon !

BTW, the lemon was 79 cents - seems a bit pricey for 1 lemon.

Oh and we bought some florida citrus (2 oranges) - helping the florida economy from our own neighbourhood :hehe:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is Chiang Mai soup the same as tom yom?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think it's funny that we are both making lemon chicken, in fact I don't think I have ever made lemon chicken, well not that I can remember, however when we were at the store I thought of it and skipped back to produce to grab a lemon !

BTW, the lemon was 79 cents - seems a bit pricey for 1 lemon.

Oh and we bought some florida citrus (2 oranges) - helping the florida economy from our own neighbourhood :hehe:

Sounds yummy! I just took chicken out of the freezer so it's chicken for us as well :) Haven't decided what to do with it though. I'm thinking chicken cordon bleu with a salad.

Last night I made liver. Sound really gross I know. But I fry it with bacon, onions and mushrooms in white wine and then serve it on a bed of spinach leaves. It's my husband's favorite (one of them). I got the idea from a really amazing French Bistro I used to go to when I lived in Malta and everyone I've made it for loves it. I guess you might have to like liver to enjoy it but...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.