Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Trailmix - My mom lives part time in Florida and absolutely hates the beef she gets there. She also lives in CT and says she can find decent beef at times in stores there, but has such a tough time in Florida.

I think tonight I am going to make that chicken and stuffing casserole again. Hubby really liked it and it was easy. I think we will have steamed green beans with it too. See Carla, no canned green beans for me (unless I am making that once a year casserole and then I fully accept that there is nothing good about it, it is like eating junk food really). :)

Good, then it's not just us that thinks that!

Oh and aside from the green bean casserole sounding horrendous to me - the other stuff that is in it does not cancel out the nutritional value in my opinion!

This is a recipe I have found for bread maker buns, so i'm using it to make dough right now, I cut the recipe in half. This is the other beautiful thing about a bread maker, its dough making capability, it is much better at mixing dough than I can be doing it manually!

Bread Machine Buns

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup sour cream

1 tsp. salt

2 Tbsp. sugar

2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2-1/2 tsp. instant yeast

1 slightly beaten egg

sesame seeds (optional)

1 large egg (optional)

Add first seven ingredients in order to bread machine. Put on dough cycle. Remove from machine.

Cut into 12 pieces. Shape into buns. Put on cookie sheet close together. Cover and let rise until doubled--about 20 minutes.

Now you may brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds (if desired). Bake at 350º F. for about 15 minutes.

Note: Recipe is for a 1-1/2 lb. bread machine.

Yield: 12 rolls.

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok... I had no clue what to make so I made something I made a few weeks ago... I just threw together a can of chili, a can of drained corn, some cut up hot dogs and threw it in a dish and then I sprinkled cheese and corn chips over top and baked it and I am going to eat it with rice...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

ok... I had no clue what to make so I made something I made a few weeks ago... I just threw together a can of chili, a can of drained corn, some cut up hot dogs and threw it in a dish and then I sprinkled cheese and corn chips over top and baked it and I am going to eat it with rice...

I love making up recipes! Especially when they contain veggies. ;) trailmix, how did the buns turn out?

We're going out for supper tonight. I have no idea where though. Depends on how much theatre popcorn we eat I guess.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I love making up recipes! Especially when they contain veggies. ;) trailmix, how did the buns turn out?

We're going out for supper tonight. I have no idea where though. Depends on how much theatre popcorn we eat I guess.

The buns were really great actually! Although it says to bake for 15 mins, I baked them for 25 and they were just right.

For tonight, the roast is in ze oven, we will have rice with that I think and ...something else - more salad!

Timeline

I just made a loaf of bread, or should i say I made a globe of cooked dough. It didn't turn out :o

Hopefully it was just me forgetting something or putting it on the wrong setting - easier than taking the machine to be exchanged.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh man.. i love fish so much, but the past 5 months or so it turns my stomach every time I think about eating it.. bah! I took some out for supper tonite, but I'm sick just thinking about it :(

And before you all say I'm preggers.. that's not the issue I assure you :rofl:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Oh man.. i love fish so much, but the past 5 months or so it turns my stomach every time I think about eating it.. bah! I took some out for supper tonite, but I'm sick just thinking about it :(

And before you all say I'm preggers.. that's not the issue I assure you :rofl:

Suure thats what they all say. :whistle:

I have been the same way with chicken actually... if it makes you feel better. :)

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok, hubby tells me today that the chili cheese dog casserole I made yesterday is one the best things I have made..

now on one hand that makes me happy but on the other hand, I was like, out of everything I have made you say that is one of the best?? something I just threw together using mainly canned stuff :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I bought this vidalia onion and peppercorn salad dressing from beallsflorida - it is sooooooo good!!

409-9388-0591-yy-yyy.jpg

also got the keylime dressing but haven't tried it yet.

I've had vidalia onion salad dressing before, and it was the most wonderful dressing I'd had in ages. We always have some around. Never tried that brand though.

ok, hubby tells me today that the chili cheese dog casserole I made yesterday is one the best things I have made..

now on one hand that makes me happy but on the other hand, I was like, out of everything I have made you say that is one of the best?? something I just threw together using mainly canned stuff :P

Your husband is sweet Marilyn. It's so nice he's easy to please! ;)

Last night I had grilled chicken, over fettucini noodles, with a light mushroom butter cream sauce. Divine. I'm still full. I have no idea what I'm going to make tonight. I'm thinking something simple. I have some Trader Joe's Red Pepper Soup I could have, and maybe a spinach puff pastry to accompany.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Our staff went out for lunch yesterday and had Indian food (buffet). I ate so much I didn't have supper.. now I'm starving this am though :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Well after the baked dough ball yesterday I made another loaf of inedible bread! The second loaf did rise about half way. hmmm

So I am going to make another loaf now and hopefully yesterday's bread was just a fluke, we will see!

Tonight we are going to some store after Mike gets home from work, will probably pick something up for dinner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.