Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, we went out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday rather than do a big meal for just the two of us, however, we are going to a friend's home for a traditional Thanksgiving meal today. So - off to bake a pumpkin pie to take with us:-)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, we went out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday rather than do a big meal for just the two of us, however, we are going to a friend's home for a traditional Thanksgiving meal today. So - off to bake a pumpkin pie to take with us:-)

My pumpkin pie did not come out all that well last night, it wasn't firm. I used the same canned pumpkin I used a few weeks ago - the only thing I did differently was I used the eggs they ask for rather than yoghurt which I generally use if I have some on hand.

So from now on I will stick with the yoghurt.

Still was tasty though.

There is a British Pub here in Lake Mary that krikit has mentioned before.....I think I might like to go there for dinner tonight...haven't decided yet.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

hmm, sorry that your pie didn't firm up - maybe you needed to use more eggs or let it bake longer? I've never made it with yoghurt but that sounds like it would be good. Mine is a very straight forward recipe - uses pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, spices and canned condensed milk. So far it is worked - hopefully todays will too.

The Pub sounds good.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we most likely are gong to eat out tonight..

hubby actually suggested I go shopping for my secret Santa today after work and I said but I don't want to go shopping if you are going to be home and he said I will come along :o he never is the one that suggests shopping :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

What the heck is no one cooking tonight?? :P

I found this recipe for baked chicken, where you use those frenchs fried onions in the can to coat the chicken, and I am going to make a dipping sauce made out of ranch dip and franks red hot sauce, I know it sounds gross, but its actually really good... also with a side of spinach.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

hehehehe is everyone still eating leftovers? We had a great meal at our friend's last night and brought home heaping plates of leftovers. So, we had leftovers for lunch and finished off the rest of the leftovers for dinner. Guess it will be time to cook again tomorrow.

Timeline
In the mood for something sweet, going to make a butter tart pie.

That sounds good Sprailenes.

We finished up some turkey yesterday for lunch and then last night my Husband bbq'd some steaks - they were ok, nothing great. We even bought some hickory chips to help give it more bbq flavour, they seem to work quite well. Had some beans and salad with that.

Not sure what we will have tonight.

Timeline

Husband is making spaghetti and meatballs tonight.

I basically decided he was the one for me after he made this dinner for me many years ago. :P

Its so damn good. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We did our turkey leftovers last night, spread them all out on abaking sheet and reheated the whole thing. I then poured all mine into a bowl and topped it with the leftover gravy. Instant thanksgiving pot pie! Only thing missing was the cran sauce :( BB didnt know I liked it and he doesnt so he didnt grab any :(

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline

today it is going to be hotdogs.. tomorrow I plan to go grocery shopping after work so I think I might pick up one of those roast chickens and some salad... I still have some cranberry sauce I want to use up....

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

now that my brother and his wife are coming I have to think up what we are going to eat ... of course we will eat out once or twice and we are planning on going to hubby's sister's house for Christmas... I was thinking easy stuff like casseroles... like I have a really good enchilada casserole, it is so yummy...

the only thing is that my sister-in-law is a little picky :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Wow, I've missed so much good food while I was away! :lol: Didn't miss the veggie comments though. :lol: j/k My MIL is a great cook so we had some good meals while we were away. She packaged up some leftovers for us so we had that last night. She's wonderful that way. After that drive (5 hours) I don't feel much like cooking when I get home, so it fits in nicely. Tonight, I have no idea. I'm thinking some ham steak, maybe some green beans, and some quinoa.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I had to look up quinoa - interesting!

Quinoa contains more protein than any other grain; an average of 16.2 percent, compared with 7.5 percent for rice, 9.9 percent for millet, and 14 percent for wheat. Some varieties of quinoa are more than 20 percent protein.

Quinoa's protein is of an unusually high quality. It is a complete protein, with an essential amino acid balance close to the ideal ... similar to milk!

What do you do with it Carla?

I just took out some ground turkey, will probably make tacos or lasagna.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.