Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Tonight's dinner is pork tenderloin sliced thin and has been marinating overnight in a soy sauce, sugar and garlic marinade (got the recipe from the Sweet Potato Queens cookbook and it looked interesting so thought I would try it). We'll probably have noodles and some kind of veggie too.

We are having pork tenderloin too! I'm actually going to make pulled pork, I bought a packet of some kind of seasoning for it and to that I am supposed to add 1/2 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/3 cup of vinegar.

Technically it should be pork shoulder - but who cares.

I will, of course, cut down the amounts of ketchup and sugar :lol:

052100735689.jpg

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

not sure what dinner will be today but I have to go and bake the cake for my trifle right now...

silly hubby forgot his lunch I packed for him.. I had to leave before he did and I had his lunch all ready to go in the fridge... I usually leave a note on the door reminding him but I forgot to today.. I did tell him before I left that his lunch was in the fridge but he was still half asleep :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so i decided on sgetti.. just fried up some sausage and onion and added a can of italian diced tomato and a small can of tomato sauce...

while I was making this I checked out the ingredients on the diced tomatoes... why on earth does a can of diced tomatoes need HFCS?? :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We had home made chilli,..yummo,....hubbys mom is an awesome cook.

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Timeline

We are having turkey breasts, stuffing, potatoes and pumpkin pie for dessert.

BTW - this pulled pork mix is absolutely delicious. I only added 1/4 of a cup of the ketchup and sugar to it.

052100735689.jpg

Timeline
We are having turkey breasts, stuffing, potatoes and pumpkin pie for dessert.

BTW - this pulled pork mix is absolutely delicious. I only added 1/4 of a cup of the ketchup and sugar to it.

052100735689.jpg

might have to check that out...

I make pulled pork from scratch and sometimes hubby likes it and sometimes he doesn't.. he doesn't like it to have a very strong flavour... I have used different recipes and I can't remember which one he liked :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
here is the trifle I make every year now for Thanksgiving... and no Carla there ain't any vegies in it :P ..lol

2008_1127_114720.jpg

Looks so good......nom nom nom.

That looks delish Marilyn!

We had: turkey, gravy, stuffing (family recipe with chestnuts and sausage - yum!!!), mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, butternut squash baked with brown sugar, sweet potatoes, mashed turnip ... and pumpkin pie for dessert. I am STUFFED!!!

We pureed turkey and Declan LOVED it. He had tried the baby food turkey and hated it, but adored the real stuff.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
That looks delish Marilyn!

We had: turkey, gravy, stuffing (family recipe with chestnuts and sausage - yum!!!), mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, butternut squash baked with brown sugar, sweet potatoes, mashed turnip ... and pumpkin pie for dessert. I am STUFFED!!!

We pureed turkey and Declan LOVED it. He had tried the baby food turkey and hated it, but adored the real stuff.

it was delish...

our dinner was soo good and I over stuffed myself... :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband is making dinner tonight since I am working today, I think he's making some sort of steak with a red wine vinegarette sauce with asparagus on the side. I have no clue, I just know that its something kind of fancy. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.