Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Hey Carla, I got the recipes in my instruction manual. They've got TONS of recipes. I'll post a few recipes for you. This recipe is for a 2 lb loaf. Let me know if you need 1 1/2 though.

Low-Carb Seed Bread

Water, 80-90F 1 cup + 3 tbsps

Heavy Cream, 90F 4 tbsps

Splenda 1 tbsp + 1 tsp

Salt 3/4 tsp

Flaxseed oil 2 1/2 tbsps

Whole wheat flour 1 1/4 cups

Almond flour 1 cup

Oat flour 2/3 cup

Brown rice flour 2/3 cup

Vital wheat gluten 1/4 cup

Flax seeds 2 1/2 tbsps

Sesame seeds 2 1/2 tbsps

Poppy seeds 2 1/2 tsps

Yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine 2 1/4 teaspoons

Place ingredients, in order listed (or whatever order your breadmaker recommends), in the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle. In my understanding the difference between the low carb cycle on my breadmachine and the regular cycle is that the kneading and rising time is a lot less. For instance, the first knead was only 13 minutes instead of 28. Also the first rise is 15 minutes instead of 80. The second rise is 75 minutes instead of 31. Also, there is no third knead or rise like in regular bread. The baking time is also a lot longer at 85 minutes instead of 55.

Nutritional info: Serving =1 ounce Calories 80 Carbs 10g Fiber 1g

This recipe might be difficult in your bread machine without the low carb function, but if you can time the cycles and change them it would probably work. Also, I'd probably play around with the seeds. I love sunflower seeds in my bread! Let me know if it works out. There are an awful lot of different flours in this recipe, but the oat flour can be made from rolled oats, just ground and processed, so you don't have to buy it specially! The vital wheat gluten you may have to go to a health food store for. I'm pretty sure that you can find it at Whole Foods if you have one.

Good luck Carla! These kinds of breads can be super tricky!

Super tricky and wow, the amount of ingredients! Yikes! I don't think I'm going to make this. I'm sorry...after you posted all that info too! You're sweet...but I'd have to go out and buy some things, and my cupboard is already jammed, but not with all those things.

We ate at Vivian's Vineyard on Friday night, and the company was so much fun. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face, and almost peed myself. It wasn't the stories as much as the guy that was telling them. :lol: Gene and I split an appetizer of a crab stuffed portabella mushroom that was 7.5 inches in diameter! YUM!!! Then we split a burger served on focaccia bread. It was VERY good as well. We ate so late, and I hate that. We did however have a late night as well, so my food was digested before beddie.

We had a meat pie for supper last night, was delicious. Tonight before the concert we're going to have a spinach salad and some pasta for supper. At home mind you, so it'll be the best. :hehe:

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.saraykebab.com/

we ate here on Fri night.. it was pretty good.. their hummus wasn't amazing but the rest of the food was yummers.. and the bread.. ohhh the bread!!!

We tried the Doner kabab.. and it was super good.. I said to hubby "this reminds me of a donair".. to which he replied :blink: "Where do you think donair CAME from"? :lol:

The ambiance of the restaurant was the best part.. huge tables full of families, its a byob kind of place... we arrived at 7pm and our waiter said.. i know it's early, but we have a party at 9pm so you can't stay after then. :lol: I guess most people go and spend the evening eating there..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

http://www.saraykebab.com/

we ate here on Fri night.. it was pretty good.. their hummus wasn't amazing but the rest of the food was yummers.. and the bread.. ohhh the bread!!!

We tried the Doner kabab.. and it was super good.. I said to hubby "this reminds me of a donair".. to which he replied :blink: "Where do you think donair CAME from"? :lol:

The ambiance of the restaurant was the best part.. huge tables full of families, its a byob kind of place... we arrived at 7pm and our waiter said.. i know it's early, but we have a party at 9pm so you can't stay after then. :lol: I guess most people go and spend the evening eating there..

I am going to have to go there next time I am in CT. I drive right by it when I go to both my aunt's and my mom's house and have always thought, gee I should stop here, but I end up eating at other places in W. Haven. Have you been to Stowe's? Hubby loves going there for seafood.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
I am going to have to go there next time I am in CT. I drive right by it when I go to both my aunt's and my mom's house and have always thought, gee I should stop here, but I end up eating at other places in W. Haven. Have you been to Stowe's? Hubby loves going there for seafood.

:) I would recommend it.. it's not as cheap as Mamouns but it's pretty good..

Haven't been to Stowe's but I've been to Lenny's in Branford :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't worry about it Carla. I find that most recipes for low carb or gluten free bread have TONS of specialized ingredients that you wouldn't normally have on hand. It's crazy to me that you need like four or five ingredients just to replace flour! I hope you find an easier, less convoluted low carb bread recipe!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

MMMM Mamouns! When I come to CT for Xmas, my high school friends and I all get together and go there. This year though, we are staying in NH for Xmas, so no yummy Mamouns food :(

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

MMMM Mamouns! When I come to CT for Xmas, my high school friends and I all get together and go there. This year though, we are staying in NH for Xmas, so no yummy Mamouns food :(

I puffy heart mamouns.. oh man.. their veggie combo plate makes my heart happy :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm on the board of a non-profit organization that currently runs an after-school program for kids in a neglected area of town. We hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for them and their families tonight and on the menu was: smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, gravy, and dessert. The kids made the bread and butter from scratch -- they did a great job! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

speaking of Thanksgiving I did my shopping today.. I didn't need a lot of things because the Sister-in-law is taking care of most of it..

I am in charge of the chocolate trifle, I always make and the mashed potatoes...

I am glad I went today instead of waiting til Wednesday.. the store would have been crazy then...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hear you Marilyn, I am going tomorrow morning for that exact reason! :yes:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.