Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I should add that you can use anything else in the filling instead of crabmeat. It is a great way to use up leftovers - a variety of vegetables work, ham, bacon, spinach, anything you like, really (spinach quiches are wonderful!) - just fill the pie shell and pour over the egg and milk mixture and cover with cheese. Sometimes I even put the cheese in first, especially if I am just using vegetables. You can also do straight cheese - or use a variety of cheeses. It's really versatile and it's all good!

You just reminded me that I have 2 bags of spinach in the fridge to use!

Yesterday I made bread bowls and we had the filling that was left over from the meat pies in them - that was quite good.

Also made a pumpkin pie for dessert.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are having seafood chowder with roasted garlic chabata for supper. I spent *gasps* $7.00 on less than a pound of bacon today to go in it.. Had to go to the shop around the corner to buy it and it was this "deluxe" apple roasted smoked specialty bacon.. it was good.. but honestly $7.00????

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
We are having seafood chowder with roasted garlic chabata for supper. I spent *gasps* $7.00 on less than a pound of bacon today to go in it.. Had to go to the shop around the corner to buy it and it was this "deluxe" apple roasted smoked specialty bacon.. it was good.. but honestly $7.00????

apple roasted smoked specialty bacon

That's only $1.40 a word - I think you got a bargain :thumbs:

Timeline

apple roasted smoked specialty bacon

That's only $1.40 a word - I think you got a bargain :thumbs:

true.. i should just shut my yap :lol:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we had burger and fries at our favourite burger place because we were in the neighborhood.. I really need to get off my butt and start cooking meals again.. it should be easier now because I have my own car and I can go grocery shopping whenever I want :dance:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

chicken tenders, pan friend withy teriyaki noodles and vegies

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Tomorrow is greek night! Mike and I will be making souvlaki, greek salad and some rice. MMM I CAN'T WAIT!

I really miss a great meat market back in Saskatoon called Prairie Meats. They had 5 lb box of souvlaki (pork and chicken) on skewers that were incredible. The right amount of seasonings and a LOT of meat on the skewers. I haven't had them in a couple of years now. If you have the combo of spices you used Nev, please post them. I'd love to give them a try.

We had chicken spedini last night with mushroom orzo and asparagus.

No idea what we're having tonight. Meatloaf maybe?

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Well, my Husband put the BBQ together on Saturday (took at least 2 hours) - but I didn't feel like BBQing - so we had something else.

So last night I had marinated steaks to cook on the grill....but changed my mind and we ordered pizza instead :lol:

But tonight! I will bbq the steaks and we will have a baked potato and something else to go with it - I still have some homemade beans in the freezer, might take out a small bag of those.

I am not a bbq-er - I never really do bbq duty - I am the one that presents the plate of food to go on it and that is about it - so I have decided I shall conquer the art of barbecue cooking!

Timeline
Tomorrow is greek night! Mike and I will be making souvlaki, greek salad and some rice. MMM I CAN'T WAIT!

I really miss a great meat market back in Saskatoon called Prairie Meats. They had 5 lb box of souvlaki (pork and chicken) on skewers that were incredible. The right amount of seasonings and a LOT of meat on the skewers. I haven't had them in a couple of years now. If you have the combo of spices you used Nev, please post them. I'd love to give them a try.

We had chicken spedini last night with mushroom orzo and asparagus.

No idea what we're having tonight. Meatloaf maybe?

Sure, I just use: lemon juice from 1 lemon, 1/3 cup olive oil, 4 cloves of minced garlic, some salt and pepper and just a pinch of oregano, I stick it in a ziploc bag, shake it up and marinate the chicken for about an hour in the fridge.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Sure, I just use: lemon juice from 1 lemon, 1/3 cup olive oil, 4 cloves of minced garlic, some salt and pepper and just a pinch of oregano, I stick it in a ziploc bag, shake it up and marinate the chicken for about an hour in the fridge.

I'm snaggin this recipe and trying it also...I absolutely LOVE greek food, Taste of the Danforth is my favourite part of summer for sure!!!

Today being Monday is Beer n Brats for Heroes night, but since BB has hockey @ 920, were gonna save it and do all that tomorrow night probably, and add in some Law & Order SVU to the mix :) ( I (L) Stabler, and apparently this is a big episode for him....based on the previews, I'm scared!)

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my cupboards are running on empty so yesterday for dinner I mixed together a can of chili, some cut-up hot dogs and a can of corn, then I threw that mixture into a baking dish and sprinkled some grated cheese and corn chips on it and baked it until it was heated through and the cheese was melted.... I served it with some white rice... It actually was pretty good and hubby liked it too :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.