Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We have been out shopping Saturday and stopped by this road side vendor and I bought some tomatoes, I made the beans with those rather than canned as I was being ms little house on the prairie.

:rofl:

We're having roast beef done in the crock pot tonite :) mmmmmmmm

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

tonight I am doing a simple pasta dish.. cook the pasta and then thrown in a can of diced tomatoes (I blend them a bit), some spices and then I add some cooked sausage... it is yummy :thumbs:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Whenever Heroes is on, BB and I have Beer n' Brats...the Brats are simmering in beer right now, and the glasses are chilling in the freezer!

When Lost is back on, its Pizza and Wine night :)

We're suckers for theme nights :P

Edited by xtinab

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
oh, I can't wait for Lost to come back... :dance: I am one of those die hard fans that hasn't given up on the show and still thinks it is great :thumbs:

me too! its just starting to get WAY interesting! They put wayy too much time between seasons!

(Is there a Lost thread? we should consider making one heheh)

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline
oh, I can't wait for Lost to come back... :dance: I am one of those die hard fans that hasn't given up on the show and still thinks it is great :thumbs:

me too! its just starting to get WAY interesting! They put wayy too much time between seasons!

(Is there a Lost thread? we should consider making one heheh)

yeah usually when the new season starts we start a thread.. although the last season or two there hasn't been much action in those threads as people seem to be getting disinterested in the show.... I think people just want a quick fix and don't like that there are so many unanswered questions but I love it because you have no idea what to expect and i like to try and figure out what is going on...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

well change of plans for dinner.. I made homemade mac and cheese instead... when I opened the one and only can of tomatoes I had I remembered that this was the brand I didn't like.. it has a weird taste... :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Well, I did BH45s chicken casserole tonight - yum! That is definitely a keeper. I had about half a cup of couscous left over so I added that in with the chicken and used cornbread stovetop stuffing mix. Joe went back for seconds - and is having leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We just had ze pork chops ze sweet potatoes and ze potatoes for dinner - bought these pork chops at the meat counter in albertson's - very good and didn't appear to have any water added - that is one of my pet peeves, i hate cooking meat that has water added!

Don't know what's up for tonight's dinner hmmm - maybe some italian sausages I think and rice or pasta.

I just can't get into those sweet potatoes. I have heard that they are great sliced and fried like french fries, or even oven fried, but I haven't tried them like that. The only ones I've tasted is the ones at Thanksgiving at my in-laws, and they put marshmallows on top! Ick! Maybe it's an aquired taste? Do I even WANT to aquire the taste? :lol:

Anyway, after all of that...I have no idea what I'm going to have. I'll go down to the freezer right now and check...

:yes:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, no marshmallows here! I just treat them like potatoes.

Ok, so I decided to make a meat pie for dinner - however I need a good savory pie crust recipe - do any of you have a recipe that is tried and true?

Well, I did BH45s chicken casserole tonight - yum! That is definitely a keeper. I had about half a cup of couscous left over so I added that in with the chicken and used cornbread stovetop stuffing mix. Joe went back for seconds - and is having leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Glad you enjoyed it. Larry usually always has seconds and takes the leftovers for lunch if he is working the next day tooo.

Tonight will be pork chops and home made mac n cheese.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Timeline
I just can't get into those sweet potatoes. I have heard that they are great sliced and fried like french fries, or even oven fried, but I haven't tried them like that. The only ones I've tasted is the ones at Thanksgiving at my in-laws, and they put marshmallows on top! Ick! Maybe it's an aquired taste? Do I even WANT to aquire the taste? :lol:

Anyway, after all of that...I have no idea what I'm going to have. I'll go down to the freezer right now and check...

:yes:

I hate sweet potato.. but I LOVE Sweet potato fries.. mmmmm

If you are ever in Ch'town - go here and have their SP fries :)

http://www.huntersalehouse.com/

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.