Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hubby working again tonight...so it's just me and the princess. She wants to be Queen but I have claimed that honour. As for supper, not sure yet. She will be happy with Kraft Dinner. I do have a pasta salad box on the shelf. Or hotdogs. Maybe ham and swiss sammich. *sigh* decisions, decisions...

Oh! You just reminded me! I have one of these sandwich machines! They make the most awesome hot sandwiches. You can do that with your ham and swiss sammidge. Make it like french toast (without the cinnamon). Yummy. I want one now too. LOL

31FBMH0P1EL._SS400_.jpg

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hubby working again tonight...so it's just me and the princess. She wants to be Queen but I have claimed that honour. As for supper, not sure yet. She will be happy with Kraft Dinner. I do have a pasta salad box on the shelf. Or hotdogs. Maybe ham and swiss sammich. *sigh* decisions, decisions...

Oh! You just reminded me! I have one of these sandwich machines! They make the most awesome hot sandwiches. You can do that with your ham and swiss sammidge. Make it like french toast (without the cinnamon). Yummy. I want one now too. LOL

You know I have one of those and I bet I haven't used it in a year - tomorrow - more grilled cheese a la sandwich maker!!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had Jambalaya tonite...

Different.. my first time..

I hate the shrimp though.. made the whole thing fishy IMO :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

We had Jambalaya tonite...

Different.. my first time..

I hate the shrimp though.. made the whole thing fishy IMO :)

Mmmmmmmmmm! We have this about once a month. While traditionally it has shrimp in it, you can substitue...maybe chicken? I love making Jambalaya because it's a good way of cleaning out my fridge!

We had pork chops last night. They were really lean and I baked them in the oven with one of my concoctions. :lol: Soy sauce, lemon juice, chili powder, garlic. Then we had lemon butter brussel sprouts with almonds. Lastly perogies. I know perogies probably doesn't go with this dish, but they've been sitting in my freezer for awhile and I had a hankering for them.

Tonight it's leftovers! Yummy!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Not a big jambalaya fan here. :dead: Food touching, and all. Mushy. Blech spices. *shudder*

lol krikit

Hey Carla, your pork chop concoction sounds really good, I'm going to try that the next time I make pork chops.

I still have the chicken breasts in the freezer, waiting to try Mr. Ho's chicken.

Anyway, definately grilled cheese tonight - made with the sandwich maker since krikit reminded me! Husband is off to watch the flames vs Chicago tonight so he will be eating saddledome fare.

Anyway, definately grilled cheese tonight - made with the sandwich maker since krikit reminded me! Husband is off to watch the flames vs Chicago tonight so he will be eating saddledome fare.

It's funny how you forget about that thing yet it makes such great sandwiches! :lol: Mmmm. Grilled cheese with ketchup and Campbell's Tomato Soup. Yummy.

iagree.gif

Grilled cheese with ketchup??!! :) Wow, I thought I was the only one that did that. You make a little puddle on the plate...and dip your corners in! haha

Kind of reminds me of the toast and egg scenerios...when we were little, my Mom always made boiled eggs for us, and put them in an egg cup. She would slice off the top "cap" of the egg, and our toast would be cut up into little triangles or slices so that we could "dip" our toast in our eggs. Once all the yolk was gone, we'd eat the whites. We had little "egg spoons" for this as well.

I've told Gene about the boiled egg in an egg cup, and the ketchup with Grilled cheese and he doesn't understand... *sigh*

Last night we were watching Corner Gas. Davis was going to go camping with Brent and Oscar. He brought...what he called his "waffle maker". I yelled out... "hey! A bush pie maker!!". Gene has this shocked look on his face and says..." a bush pie maker??!!" and laughs and laughs. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? We used them ALL the time. And I'm not talking about when I was a child either! :lol: I LOVE bush pies!

carlahmsb4.gif

Soft boiled eggs and soldiers! My Mom would cut the toast into 1" or 2" strips (as I did with my kids) so you could dip them easier!

We didn't call them bush pie makers but I know what you're talking about. We put them in the campfires and they made scrumptious yummy sammidges. Lemme see if I can remember..... I'll have to set it aside and wait for my brain to rebuild the connections to that memory. :blush:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Soft boiled eggs and soldiers! My Mom would cut the toast into 1" or 2" strips (as I did with my kids) so you could dip them easier!

We didn't call them bush pie makers but I know what you're talking about. We put them in the campfires and they made scrumptious yummy sammidges. Lemme see if I can remember..... I'll have to set it aside and wait for my brain to rebuild the connections to that memory. :blush:

^^^^ This should take about two hours from what I have figured out!

My Mom never did the boiled egg thing, I think it's because she is not overly fond of eggs. We almost always have ketchup with our grilled cheese. My latest favorite grilled cheese - cheese - is sundried tomato havarti.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

^^^^ This should take about two hours from what I have figured out!

We almost always have ketchup with our grilled cheese.

I don't think I've ever had a grilled cheese with out a big blob of ketchup on my plate to dip it in. You mean there's another way to eat a grilled cheese without ketchup? Kind of defeats the purpose of having one then I would think...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

I don't think I've ever had a grilled cheese with out a big blob of ketchup on my plate to dip it in. You mean there's another way to eat a grilled cheese without ketchup? Kind of defeats the purpose of having one then I would think...

I learned it from my Canadian friends. :devil: At first I was like :blink: . But I tried it a few times and eventually adapted. I think that was the moment when I knew I had become a true Canadian. :D

iagree.gif

Last night we were watching Corner Gas. Davis was going to go camping with Brent and Oscar. He brought...what he called his "waffle maker". I yelled out... "hey! A bush pie maker!!". Gene has this shocked look on his face and says..." a bush pie maker??!!" and laughs and laughs. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? We used them ALL the time. And I'm not talking about when I was a child either! :lol: I LOVE bush pies!

Fire pies!!!!!!! They're made with fire pie irons. :thumbs::dance:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.