Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Hubby was extremely skeptical of the homemade green bean casserole, but I won him over. I fear there's a subscription in my future...

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline

The Schwann's guy was by today, and James bought some frozen cheese enchiladas, so that's what we're having.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

dinner last night was good.. i baked the marinated chicken and then I did up a box of Parmesan rice-a-roni and some corn.. mm it as good.. the rice was nice and creamy, never had rice like that before...

hubby didn't have a good experience with it though because I had put his food on a plate in the fridge for when he got home... when he came to bed he asked me if that was supposed to be potato salad or something... :P..lol he says he probably didn't eat it up enough.... he ended up throwing most of the rice in the garbage :P

not sure what dinner is going to be tonight.. maybe scrambled eggs or maybe hot dogs...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I dumped half my mac and cheese on myself and the couch.. still not sure how that happened.. :blush: ...lol

I dunno why but that comment coupled with your siggy picture made me snort. :lol:

I dumped half my mac and cheese on myself and the couch.. still not sure how that happened.. :blush: ...lol

Oh Marilyn, you're so funny! :lol:

Last night we had a greek salad, a hot sandwich loaf and butternut squash soup. I'm going to make a turkey meatloaf tonight I think.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I dont know if this is the rice a roni you had Marilyn? I also tried this last week and I thought it was really good. Rice a roni, to me, tends to be salty and not all that great, but this new stuff is really good - plus no preservatives or artificial flavours :thumbs:

imgPackage43200.gif

Timeline

I just found this recipe in the newspaper for Baked Pumpkin Brulee French Toast - I really like pumpkin so I am going to try this as soon as I get the ingredients!

Lauren Chapin | The Kansas City Star

Baked Pumpkin Brulee French Toast

Yield: 8 servings.

2 cups milk

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

4 large eggs

4 egg yolks

3/4 cup granulated sugar

15-ounces pumpkin puree

1 teaspoon ground ginger

Pinch of salt

20 slices egg bread

1/4 cup brown sugar

Whipped cream for garnish

1. Butter 10-inch springform pan. Wrap outside with foil. Warm milk, cream and vanilla in pan on medium. Remove from heat. Let sit 20 minutes. Pour into bowl. Heat oven to 325 F. Whisk eggs and yolks. Whisk in sugar. Slowly stir into cooled milk mixture. Stir in pumpkin, ginger and salt.

2. Dunk bread into custard. Arrange slices in pan, overlapping layers. Slowly pour remainder of mixture into pan. Let sit 30 minutes.

3. Place pan inside roasting pan. Fill pan with hot tap water until it reaches about halfway up sides. Bake 90 minutes. During last 10-15 minutes, top with 1/4 cup brown sugar. Raise temperature to 400 F. Let cool 20 minutes. Remove from pan. Garnish with whipped cream.

pumpkin_french_toast.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we are having pork tenderloin.. my first time cooking it.. put her in the crock pot this am :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I dont know if this is the rice a roni you had Marilyn? I also tried this last week and I thought it was really good. Rice a roni, to me, tends to be salty and not all that great, but this new stuff is really good - plus no preservatives or artificial flavours :thumbs:

imgPackage43200.gif

it was this one...

51LXTJiExtL_SL500_AA280_PIbundle-12.jpg

I don't find it salty...

Oh Marilyn, you're so funny! :lol:

Last night we had a greek salad, a hot sandwich loaf and butternut squash soup. I'm going to make a turkey meatloaf tonight I think.

one minute it was on the TV table and the next minute it was on my lap :P ...lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

doncha hate it when that happens? :lol:

Tonight I sauteed asparagus, broccoli and meatballs in some garlic grapeseed oil, with a can of diced tomatoes over rotinni pasta. It was yummy :yes: the meatballs were frozen kind from Schwann's. They're actually really good. A bit on the expensive side though.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made a post-election feel good supper for hubby complete with pork, mashed potatoes (I'm not ashamed to say they came out of a box), peas and gravy. Mmmmmmmm

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.