Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Beef stew is on the stove as we speak. Not in a slow cooker (we don't have one of those), just in a huge stockpot with lots of vegetables and red wine. Tomorrow's dinner is couscous soup with veggies :)

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

argh..

so last Friday I bought a package of chicken thighs and drums and the package said use or freeze by Oct 30, a part of me wast thinking that is kind of a long time for chicken but I went with it and just put the chicken in the fridge...

so today I was going to make chicken and I open up the package and I notice that the chicken smells funny... I rinsed it off in the water and there is still a slight smell.. I am definitely chucking it out.. I don't want to chance it....

do you think they will refund me the money if I just being in the label and the receipt?.. I doubt they want me to bring in the chicken...

and now I am just ticked because know I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight ... :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so I just called the store and the lady who answered wasn't really helpful.. I asked her if I needed to bring in the chicken or just the label and she said I would have to call back in the morning and talk to this other guy .. so I guess I have to hang onto the chicken until tomorrow but now that the package is open it will just get worse.. I can't seem them wanting it back anyways... hmm, I guess I will just wait and see what they say tomorrow..

the chicken was only 5 bucks but right now 5 bucks is a lot...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

so I just called the store and the lady who answered wasn't really helpful.. I asked her if I needed to bring in the chicken or just the label and she said I would have to call back in the morning and talk to this other guy .. so I guess I have to hang onto the chicken until tomorrow but now that the package is open it will just get worse.. I can't seem them wanting it back anyways... hmm, I guess I will just wait and see what they say tomorrow..

the chicken was only 5 bucks but right now 5 bucks is a lot...

I don't know where your grocery is Marilyn, but I'd just take it back...smelly or not. Don't wait around to talk to some guy. Tell them it wasn't good even before the expiry date, which isn't even here yet. I'm sure you won't be given a hassle. I've done that with milk and they exchanged it to problem. Let us know what you decide.

We had zuchinni squares last night with a garden salad. I was running around most of the day and didn't get to Costco even so no chicken. Tonight we're going to have brats, potato salad and beans.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree Marilyn and if they give you any hassle, ask to speak to the manager!

We ended up having grilled cheese last night, in spite of my brilliant idea to make something different :hehe:

No idea what is for dinner tonight. We might pop over to Walmart to get halloween candy tonight, so might pick something up on the way home.

Timeline

We're having slow cooker Kalua Pork tonight with shredded cabbage and carrots. I didn't want to dig an imu in the back yard, so I looked for a recipe for the slow cooker.

Lined the cooker with banana leaves and put in the pork.

Kalua Pig in a Slow Cooker

1 (6 pound) pork butt roast

1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt

1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring

2 banana leaves (optional)

1 head of cabbage (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Pierce pork all over with a carving fork.

Line crock pot with banana leaves.

Rub salt then liquid smoke over meat.

Place roast in a slow cooker.

Cover, and cook on Low for 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.

One hour before completed cooking, shred cabbage and place on top of pork to finish cooking.

Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

Timeline

well, they wanted me to bring int he chicken.. not sure why.. hopefully they don't repackage it and sell it again :P ..lol I returned it this morning and they gave me my money back... :thumbs:

last night after the chicken thing I was wondering what in the heck I was going to make.. I ended up finding this very simple recipe.. boil about 3 cups of elbow macaroni. Drain and put back in the pot.. stir in about 1/4 cup of butter or margarine and salt, pepper and garlic powder. then throw in a 14 ounce can of tomatoes.. I used Italian diced tomatoes that I blended a bit in the blender because my hubby doesn't like big chinks of tomatoes.. I also threw in some fried up sausage.. (*the recipe called for about 1 tbsp of Seasoning salt but I didn't add that because I used the Italian tomatoes that already have spices added but I did adds some salt and pepper and garlic powder)

mmmm it was good and hubby even liked it and asked why I didn't make it more often... I told him it was my first time making it :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
We're having slow cooker Kalua Pork tonight with shredded cabbage and carrots. I didn't want to dig an imu in the back yard, so I looked for a recipe for the slow cooker.

Lined the cooker with banana leaves and put in the pork.

Kalua Pig in a Slow Cooker

1 (6 pound) pork butt roast

1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt

1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring

2 banana leaves (optional)

1 head of cabbage (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Pierce pork all over with a carving fork.

Line crock pot with banana leaves.

Rub salt then liquid smoke over meat.

Place roast in a slow cooker.

Cover, and cook on Low for 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.

One hour before completed cooking, shred cabbage and place on top of pork to finish cooking.

Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

Oh boy Cat, you are sounding so Hawaiian now!!!!!!!!!! lol

Timeline
Oh boy Cat, you are sounding so Hawaiian now!!!!!!!!!! lol

Howzit sistah :lol:

Sounds good cat :thumbs: - however unless you are out back digging a hole - is it really going to taste right...I think not, so here you go!

SKU30148154.jpg

About 3 pm yesterday I started to feel ill. From then until around 8:30 pm when I just had to go to bed, I had periods of being either frozen or way too hot. I had the flu shot last week, so it shouldn't be the flu. I felt so ill I was unable to get up off the couch and make supper. Gene did the honours, however he's the only one that ate. He packed up his leftovers for lunch the next day as well. I felt so bad, but I really couldn't do much. He made me a lovely cup of tea, and I nodded off on the couch until I had to go to bed where I promptly fell asleep. Had really weird dreams during the night about polls, the election and Medicaid. :blink:

Feel better this morning, but I'm still going to take it easy. I have a Dr.'s appointment this afternoon anyway. So, I don't know what I'm going to have tonight. Maybe best to just make some soup. I have lots of veggies for a minestrone or some type of soup like that.

carlahmsb4.gif

About 3 pm yesterday I started to feel ill. From then until around 8:30 pm when I just had to go to bed, I had periods of being either frozen or way too hot. I had the flu shot last week, so it shouldn't be the flu. I felt so ill I was unable to get up off the couch and make supper. Gene did the honours, however he's the only one that ate. He packed up his leftovers for lunch the next day as well. I felt so bad, but I really couldn't do much. He made me a lovely cup of tea, and I nodded off on the couch until I had to go to bed where I promptly fell asleep. Had really weird dreams during the night about polls, the election and Medicaid. :blink:

Feel better this morning, but I'm still going to take it easy. I have a Dr.'s appointment this afternoon anyway. So, I don't know what I'm going to have tonight. Maybe best to just make some soup. I have lots of veggies for a minestrone or some type of soup like that.

Hope you feel better soon, Carla. It's never fun being sick. Yup, a warm vegetable soup sounds like a good option :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.