Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the chicken we had yesterday was so yummy and hubby barbecued it to perfection.. mmm yum...

i marinated it using kind of a combination of two recipes.....

1/4 cup ketchup

2 to 3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/4 cup olive oil

1 to 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar

2 to 3 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic powder

a few shakes of pepper

I used this with 4 chicken drumsticks... the recipe says you can use 12 drumsticks but I am not sure if there would be enough marinade for that...

oh and one trick I learned from another recipe is to put a few slashes in the chicken... this helps the marinade to get inside the chicken better... oh and I always take the skin of the chicken... and I also love to use Ziploc bags for marinating.. just throw in the marinade and add the chicken and zip it up... :thumbs:

I only marinated the chicken for about 3 hours but it still tasted good.. it would be even better if you could marinate the chicken for a few more hours or even overnight...

then bake the chicken in the over for about 45 minutes or grill them on the barbecue..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

I ended up making orange ginger beef stirfry with jasmine rice. I also fried some onions and mushrooms then added them to the remainder of the roast beef and gravy and froze it for a day when I don't feel like cooking.

Oh, and my husband told me he will be working late tomorrow so I have started a ham and pea soup from scratch.... sticks tongue out at Trailmix..... and left it to gather flavour in the crockpot.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I ended up making orange ginger beef stirfry with jasmine rice. I also fried some onions and mushrooms then added them to the remainder of the roast beef and gravy and froze it for a day when I don't feel like cooking.

Oh, and my husband told me he will be working late tomorrow so I have started a ham and pea soup from scratch.... sticks tongue out at Trailmix..... and left it to gather flavour in the crockpot.

:hehe:

Filed: Timeline

:lol:

But you were the one who got me craving it, Trailmix, so it's all good. I'll still make you some BBQ sauce. :hehe:

iagree.gif

I get so hungry when I read about the good meals everyone is preparing. We had speghetti squash last night with homemade marinara sauce. It was very good. Garlic bread sticks accompanied.

I don't know what I'm going to make tonight. I might have to post what I made tomorrow. :lol: I have lots of choices, I just don't know what to make.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight I am making shish kabobs. I have some steak I have been marinating since yesterday and I have mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, onions, red peppers.

I have leftover couscous from yesterday and I'll make a salad.

Timeline

:lol:

But you were the one who got me craving it, Trailmix, so it's all good. I'll still make you some BBQ sauce. :hehe:

:thumbs:

Well yesterday we ended up having the fried chicken/potato salad/coleslaw combo - which I like. I was sooooo tired yesterday, you would have thought I had been burning the midnight oil for days, when in fact it was just 1 night that I had only 6 hours of sleep :lol:

Anyway, I took pork chops out yesterday, so hopefully I will have enough energy to cook those tonight! Along with some potatoes and ... something.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was actually really good. He used a different type of cheese though and it was delicious! I will have to ask him what kind he used, it was like a fancy poutine. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
It was actually really good. He used a different type of cheese though and it was delicious! I will have to ask him what kind he used, it was like a fancy poutine. :lol:

Yay for fancy poutine!!

Well, we have a rotisserie chicken from yesterday, so that is now what is for dinner - the pork chops will have to wait or whatever.

I'm tired....yawnnn

I have to get up off my chair and find something to go with that chicken. I'm thinking canned chili and some french bread :hehe:

We had cabbage rolls and scalloped potatoes. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm stuffed so should be good till morning and breakfast time....*giggles*

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

MMMM Your so lucky, poutine!! I love good old Quebec poutine, I always feel my arteries getting harder with every bite :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.