Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Banana bread rocks. It's almost as rockin as carrot cake.

It's because you mentioned it earlier in the week that i'm making it. I would have done it sooner but didn't have enough sugar - but I do now woot woot!!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I made bran muffins earlier this week and I'm trying to be healthier, so I found an awesome recipe that uses yogurt instead of all of the oil in the recipe. I've made them a couple of times and hubby always eats them, but yesterday when we were in the grocery store he drops a bombshell! I've always known that he thinks they should be sweeter, so I try to accommodate, but yesterday he tells me that they're like bricks! It was terrible! I never realized he felt that way about my muffins! He then proceeded to say that they taste pretty good but they're dense. So I say "like a rock means you can't even eat it." So then he says "fine, they're like dirt clods then!" OMG can you believe it?! I was really hurt at the time, but now I just find it quite funny. My dirt clod muffins! ~giggles~ :P

So, I've realized that from now on, I am not going to try to fool him with anything "healthier". It'll be full fat for him from now on!

Edited by TheATeam

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Banana bread rocks. It's almost as rockin as carrot cake.

It's because you mentioned it earlier in the week that i'm making it. I would have done it sooner but didn't have enough sugar - but I do now woot woot!!

I like to use a mixture of white and brown sugar in my banana bread...

So I made bran muffins earlier this week and I'm trying to be healthier, so I found an awesome recipe that uses yogurt instead of all of the oil in the recipe. I've made them a couple of times and hubby always eats them, but yesterday when we were in the grocery store he drops a bombshell! I've always known that he thinks they should be sweeter, so I try to accommodate, but yesterday he tells me that they're like bricks! It was terrible! I never realized he felt that way about my muffins! He then proceeded to say that they taste pretty good but they're dense. So I say "like a rock means you can't even eat it." So then he says "fine, they're like dirt clods then!" OMG can you believe it?! I was really hurt at the time, but now I just find it quite funny. My dirt clod muffins! ~giggles~ :P

my hubby does that to me a lot too.. I will make something and he eats it and I think he likes it so I make it a few more times and then one day he will tell me that he doesn't really like it :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

So, I've realized that from now on, I am not going to try to fool him with anything "healthier". It'll be full fat for him from now on!

:lol:

I use yoghurt a lot as a substitute for eggs, not because I don't like eggs - I do, but sometimes I don't have any or in the case of something like those self-saucing puddings, I find the egg flavour overtakes the flavour of - whatever it is supposed to be - butterscotch etc.

I just used brown sugar in my banana bread, which is in the oven - and I used 2 tubs of vanilla yoghurt :thumbs:

Oh and I find the yoghurt makes things denser too...but I like that - dirt clod muffins :lol:

Timeline

I guess I like the denseness and he doesn't! I told him I'd only make dirt clod muffins for myself from now on since I like them, thank you very much! ~giggles~ :P

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If a recipe (like my carrot cake or muffins) calls for a lot of oil, I substitute half the amount with applesauce. Cuts the fat and calories, makes them moister, yet still keeps some of the oil's effects on the end result.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline

Bran muffins are supposed to be dense! I much prefer them that way. Not like the cakey muffins you get here. I can't eat those. My husband had a hard time warming up to my bran muffins also. But I just told him how good they are for him and he changed his tune. He's an easy sell when it comes to fitness. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Well here is le banana bread, I just ate that first piece that is cut there...it is very good!! As a bonus you get to see the Trailmix command center in the background!! Excitement abounds!!

The recipe...with my substitutions, I know they always say that baking is more of a science than 'cooking' and therefore the measurements and ingredients should be pretty much exact etc etc - but who cares :lol: :

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter (no way was i using a whole stick of butter, half of one was fine)

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs, beaten (two small tubs of vanilla yoghurt)

2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (two bananas)

banana-bread-020.jpg

Timeline

Mmmm...trailmix that banana bread looks really good!

Krikit- Well, that's one thing hubby says, at least these ones are good for his digestive system! :P Which he likes.

Cassie- I've tried applesauce, and it's like he's a bloodhound or something, he knows! ~giggles~ I even tried making him healthy brownies once with applesauce which I thought were awesome and he'd hardly touch!

Oh well...I'll keep working at it!

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Having dinner across the border tonight so I'm not sure what the deal is but I am going to sweet talk him into taking me to that fabulous Italian spot we found.

Last time I had penne with chicken and mushrooms in a garlic cream sauce! DEEEEElicious!

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Tonight's dinner was a big salad and a small serving of whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce. I figured I would eat healthy tonight since tomorrow is the junk food binge at the fair!!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I had 2 pieces of Cheeze pizza :devil: Couldn't resist the pizza was so good!

Ok I'm being dragged away from the bland diet a little bit :lol: But I am doing very good now :)

Edited by Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Timeline
Well here is le banana bread, I just ate that first piece that is cut there...it is very good!! As a bonus you get to see the Trailmix command center in the background!! Excitement abounds!!

:lol:

We had seafood pasta. But we had it really late because my husband decided to stop at some car dealerships on his way home with the clams. :bonk: Needless to say.... it wasn't the romantic evening I had planned. <_<

Glad you're feeling better, Mephys!

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.