Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I have decided on hamburgers.. only thing is that i don't have buns so we would use bread and neither do I have cheese, lettuce or tomatoes... :lol:

oh with a side of fries...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

oh my gosh I would so make these if I had the marshmallow fluff and the chocolate...

S'more Cookie Bars

1/2 cup butter, room temperature

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs*

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

2 super-sized (5 oz.) dark chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)

1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. Two 5 oz. Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread marshmallow fluff evenly over the chocolate layer.

Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff. This is most easily done by putting the second half of the dough in a gallon size freezer bag. Use your palms to flatten it out, and then use scissors to cut down both long sides of the bag, so it will open up book-style. Open it up carefully, and the dough will stick on one side of the bag. Then place the bag, dough side down, on the other three layers. From there peel the bag up ad spread the dough where it is uneven.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars

Makes 16 cookie bars.

P1020261.jpg

http://www.bakedperfection.com/2008/07/smo...ookie-bars.html

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My last day in RI. So I stopped at Aquidneck meats and picked up some freshground beef!! So its hamburgers and hot dogs,and beer of course. hit the road around 2 am for the drive back to VA!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, a repeat of last night's dinner - left over barbeque chicken, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes but tonight we will have potato salad instead of pita bread - oh, a frozen juice bars for dessert.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

we have been eating a lot of "fruit salad" for dessert lately... I just cut up a bunch of fruit and throw it in a bowl.. I eat my plain and hubby eats his with lime or lemon juice and this chili limon powder stuff....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok we are having hamburgers and I did end up making a simple pasta salad.. just pasta some mayo, italian dressing, canned corn and bell pepper... haven't tried it yet though...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Was Tuesday '80s last night so they had a car show in addition to the ballgame with $1.00 hotdogs. I had two. :blush: I also had popcorn, and a lemonade. It was fun! Now tonight...I'm back to...I have no idea. :blink:

I'm probably going to get beat over the head for this, but I'm not a big S'mores fan. :unsure:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Was Tuesday '80s last night so they had a car show in addition to the ballgame with $1.00 hotdogs. I had two. :blush: I also had popcorn, and a lemonade. It was fun! Now tonight...I'm back to...I have no idea. :blink:

Yay! You had one for me! :lol:

I'm probably going to get beat over the head for this, but I'm not a big S'mores fan. :unsure:

I've never even had a s'more! :o Mainly because I'm pretty sure I'd get sick from it...... one too many roasted marshmallows on an open fire. Okay, five. lol

Well, I managed to rescue the chili and downgrade the heat from a Level 1 to a Level 3 category. To soften the blow I decided to make some french fries (homemade), pour the chili over that, then shredded cheese and sour cream. Was really quite good. I guess that's my idea of a s'more. lol

iagree.gif

Well, I managed to rescue the chili and downgrade the heat from a Level 1 to a Level 3 category. To soften the blow I decided to make some french fries (homemade), pour the chili over that, then shredded cheese and sour cream. Was really quite good. I guess that's my idea of a s'more. lol

Oh my...my heart just went pitter patter. Shredded cheese and sour cream on chili on french fries? Dreammmmmmmmy *sigh* That's like S'mores x's 100. :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay! You had one for me! :lol:

I've never even had a s'more! :o Mainly because I'm pretty sure I'd get sick from it...... one too many roasted marshmallows on an open fire. Okay, five. lol

:lol:

I've never had one either! For no particular reason, looks a bit too sweet for me. Now don't get me wrong, I have been known to become addicted to chocolate at a moments notice, so i'm not one of those 'no sweets for me' people.

How about some custard pie....

custardpie.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I like one smore.. but no more.. which really makes the name silly - i don't want some more I just one want thank you :yes:

I made Cottage pie for our new Associate Pastor & wife (they just moved in so we're providing them with some meals this week to welcome them).. SO... I'm not sure what we are going to have. Hubby keeps hoping they will invite us in to eat it!! :bonk::lol:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline
How about some custard pie....

custardpie.jpg

Mmmmmm. Custard pie. OMG, I totally pigged out on custard tarts while I was over in England! :o Gotta get it while you can, you know. :lol: But I am so mad with myself. I'd bought some really great cheeses to bring back with me and left them in my sister's fridge. :crying:

I made Cottage pie for our new Associate Pastor & wife (they just moved in so we're providing them with some meals this week to welcome them).. SO... I'm not sure what we are going to have. Hubby keeps hoping they will invite us in to eat it!! :bonk::lol:

:lol:

Mmmmm. Cottage pie.

I am soooooooooooooooo hungry right now.

iagree.gif

Timeline
oh my gosh I would so make these if I had the marshmallow fluff and the chocolate...

S'more Cookie Bars

1/2 cup butter, room temperature

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs*

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

2 super-sized (5 oz.) dark chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)

1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. Two 5 oz. Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread marshmallow fluff evenly over the chocolate layer.

Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff. This is most easily done by putting the second half of the dough in a gallon size freezer bag. Use your palms to flatten it out, and then use scissors to cut down both long sides of the bag, so it will open up book-style. Open it up carefully, and the dough will stick on one side of the bag. Then place the bag, dough side down, on the other three layers. From there peel the bag up ad spread the dough where it is uneven.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars

Makes 16 cookie bars.

P1020261.jpg

http://www.bakedperfection.com/2008/07/smo...ookie-bars.html

I am not a big Smores fan either but this looks too good to pass up...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I wanted to share the recipe I used for burgers yesterday.. they were quite good I thought...

Backyard Burgers

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 pound ground sausage

1/2 pound ground beef

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/8 teaspoon ground pepper

4 hamburger buns

Lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced

onion (suggested toppings)

In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Form into 4 patties. Over medium heat on grill, cook burgers on each side until done (no longer pink), about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with buns and favorite toppings.

*I didn't have sausage so I just used a pound of ground beef. I also added a bit of salt and paprika.. oh and I made them a few hours earlier and put them in the fridge.. I think that helped keep them from falling apart and I just did them under the broiler because are BBQ is out of gas

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.