• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think tonight I will do Sumac chicken. So yummy. We also call it purple chicken.

Cut strip of chicken and marinade them in olive oil, lemon juice, salt pepper and LOTS of sumac (sumac is very mild) Throw them on the grill for a few minutes and then eat it in a pita with red onions that have marinated in the same ingredients.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We had grilled steaks last night. Corn, tabouli, and a harvest grain salad. Too much ruffage for me I think. :blink: Don't know what we'll have tonight. Maybe pasta.

oh man, i had baked beans last night - talk about not a good thing to eat. I have IBS so I was up half the night.. every time I eat them the same thing happens.. you'd think I'd learn after a while.. But I LOVE beans on toast so!!!

Oh my! I'm sorry...I'm trying not to laugh here, but I do know where you're coming from. I did want to mention that I was telling Gene about baked beans and buttered toast and I guess I was speaking passionately about the combo and I looked over, and he was looking at me with a very...blank expression? haha He said baked beans and buttered toast??? I said yes... :lol: I said, it's like toast and canned speghetti. He just shook his head. The strange things you Canadians eat!

lol.. you can laugh at me.. :) tee hee.. I am a sucker for beans.. even though they mess me up on the inside and i feel like a bomb is going off in me tummy.. my poor hubby though.. THAT's who i felt sorry for.. I asked him last night if he wanted me to leave it was so bad :whistle: ...

I think beans on toast is a British thing originally no?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

We had grilled steaks last night. Corn, tabouli, and a harvest grain salad. Too much ruffage for me I think. :blink: Don't know what we'll have tonight. Maybe pasta.

oh man, i had baked beans last night - talk about not a good thing to eat. I have IBS so I was up half the night.. every time I eat them the same thing happens.. you'd think I'd learn after a while.. But I LOVE beans on toast so!!!

Oh my! I'm sorry...I'm trying not to laugh here, but I do know where you're coming from. I did want to mention that I was telling Gene about baked beans and buttered toast and I guess I was speaking passionately about the combo and I looked over, and he was looking at me with a very...blank expression? haha He said baked beans and buttered toast??? I said yes... :lol: I said, it's like toast and canned speghetti. He just shook his head. The strange things you Canadians eat!

lol.. you can laugh at me.. :) tee hee.. I am a sucker for beans.. even though they mess me up on the inside and i feel like a bomb is going off in me tummy.. my poor hubby though.. THAT's who i felt sorry for.. I asked him last night if he wanted me to leave it was so bad :whistle: ...

I think beans on toast is a British thing originally no?

I wasn't laughing at you my dear...WITH you! :lol: I thought it was a British thing too, but I can't say for sure.

I've decided to have chicken enchilada's tonight.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Joel grilled chicken tonight witha balsamic glaze. OH YUM! We had yellow squash and fettucini with sour cream and butter with it. Oh my...I am stuffed!

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

we had barbecued chicken, with corn on the cob, sliced fresh tomatoes and pita bread. Pretty easy and quick.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I love beans.

We had beans last night and I don't want to diss the canned U.S. beans, but they are sweet.

Sooo my Husband bought a couple of cans of Heinz beans from the U.K. - had one last night - they were good, not sweet AT ALL - however I found them to be a bit firmer than I am used to - but I like them. As I was opening the can I was thinking, they have perfectly good beans in Canada, why do we have to eat beans imported from the U.K. :lol:

With pork chops and rice..that was dinner!

Should get some ingredients and make my own beans.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
I love beans.

We had beans last night and I don't want to diss the canned U.S. beans, but they are sweet.

Sooo my Husband bought a couple of cans of Heinz beans from the U.K. - had one last night - they were good, not sweet AT ALL - however I found them to be a bit firmer than I am used to - but I like them. As I was opening the can I was thinking, they have perfectly good beans in Canada, why do we have to eat beans imported from the U.K. :lol:

With pork chops and rice..that was dinner!

Should get some ingredients and make my own beans.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO... it took me more than 24 hrs to get those beans outta my system.. no more beans for me.. no more prunes either (separate incident - same issue).. UGH.. I hate my tummy.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Beans beans beans beans,

beans beans beans beans.....

I heart beans. :luv:

Let's see. Do I have a beans story? post-21394-1219157921.gif

Bean story #1: We were up at the cottage one weekend and I made home-made beans before going to bed one night. I'd done it before where you put them in the oven on a low temp for 8 hours and you wake up to yummy goodness. But not this time. The thermometer in the oven went awol and we woke up to blackened pellets.

Bean story #2: My girlfriend and I were in the same home-ec class back in highschool and had to do a project together. We decided to make baked beans and went to her foster mother to ask how she made hers. (She made the best beans ever.) So we'd ask her a question and she'd show us how to do it. Then we'd ask her another question and she showed us how to do that too. Then another. Then another. Pretty soon she'd made the whole thing for us.... we took it to school, claimed it as our own, and got marked on it. I think she got 90%. :lol:

iagree.gif

Beans beans beans beans,

beans beans beans beans.....

I heart beans. :luv:

Let's see. Do I have a beans story? post-21394-1219157921.gif

Bean story #1: We were up at the cottage one weekend and I made home-made beans before going to bed one night. I'd done it before where you put them in the oven on a low temp for 8 hours and you wake up to yummy goodness. But not this time. The thermometer in the oven went awol and we woke up to blackened pellets.

Bean story #2: My girlfriend and I were in the same home-ec class back in highschool and had to do a project together. We decided to make baked beans and went to her foster mother to ask how she made hers. (She made the best beans ever.) So we'd ask her a question and she'd show us how to do it. Then we'd ask her another question and she showed us how to do that too. Then another. Then another. Pretty soon she'd made the whole thing for us.... we took it to school, claimed it as our own, and got marked on it. I think she got 90%. :lol:

:lol:

trailmix...try making your own...they're WAY better than from the can. You can control the sugar and salt then as well.

Your bean story Krikit reminded me of a friend from work, who said that her first job from HS was at a bank. The first month they were there, they had a pot luck lunch. She got to work that day, and realized she'd forgotten about it, and was freaking, wondering what the heck she was going to do. So, she faked it, and said, "oh no! I forgot my salad at home! I'll just run home and pick it up before lunch...I don't live that far". So, just before lunch, she gets in her car, and stops at KFC and gets a couple of large coleslaws. Remember the coleslaws from KFC in Canada? Very spicy, green...haha Anyway, she takes them home, empties them into a bowl, covers it with Saran and drives back to work. Everyone RAVES about her salad. They MUST have the recipe! She tells them that it's her Aunt's recipe and her Aunt has made her promise she will NEVER give it away! :lol: She said she worked at the branch for another two years, and some people who were still there still raved about her salad and were still begging her to get her Aunt to give them the recipe.

carlahmsb4.gif

Oh yes, I was originally going to post my supper plans. We had chicken enchilada's last night. Mmmmmmmmmmmm I've made them before, never with a recipe, and these were better than the last time!

Tonight, I have no flippin' idea! :(

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Your bean story Krikit reminded me of a friend from work, who said that her first job from HS was at a bank. The first month they were there, they had a pot luck lunch. She got to work that day, and realized she'd forgotten about it, and was freaking, wondering what the heck she was going to do. So, she faked it, and said, "oh no! I forgot my salad at home! I'll just run home and pick it up before lunch...I don't live that far". So, just before lunch, she gets in her car, and stops at KFC and gets a couple of large coleslaws. Remember the coleslaws from KFC in Canada? Very spicy, green...haha Anyway, she takes them home, empties them into a bowl, covers it with Saran and drives back to work. Everyone RAVES about her salad. They MUST have the recipe! She tells them that it's her Aunt's recipe and her Aunt has made her promise she will NEVER give it away! :lol: She said she worked at the branch for another two years, and some people who were still there still raved about her salad and were still begging her to get her Aunt to give them the recipe.

I remember that salad. It always scared me because it was fluorescent. :lol:

we are having something with ground beef.. not sure what yet though...

We were having something with ground beef. I made chili last night in the slow cooker, but I think I put too many smoked habaneros into it. I'm trying to save it, now, but I may have to trash the whole lot and go to Plan B. :lol:

iagree.gif

Gene just called. :) He'd love to take me to a Grizzlies ball game tonight! Lovely evening for that. We'll have junk food at the stadium. My fav while watching a game! I (L) him!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.