Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We're grilling halibut on a cedar plank I picked up in BC when I was there - grilled veggies on the side mmmmmmmm (oh and a big 'ol bottle of wine) :blush:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

oh grilled halibut on cedar - yummy yummy!

We had lasagna tonight with cucumber and tomato salad and watermelon for dessert - everything except the lasagna came from the garden. Our cucumber vine has finally bit the dust so we harvested the last cucumbers off of it today - along with the last zucchini - but it is a monster since it hid off in the corner. Our watermelons are now coming in fast and furious as well - I think next year I will plant cantaloupes instead - easier to eat lots of those than lots of watermelon! Being away for a week turned the garden into a jungle! Tomorrow, something with zucchini and tomatoes - maybe another stuffed zucchini . . . the okra are so big that we can't use them so we are drying the seeds for next year, and the left overs will go to re-enactor friends to grind in with their coffee (apparently something they did do during the Civil War when the blockade meant there was no coffee). So, tomorrow, conquer the rest of the jungle . . . I mean, garden . . . and try not to feed too many more mosquitoes.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight my husband made beef stew. We invited a bunch of peeps over- lots of drinks and food and fun.

A few of us are going to sneak off downtown and go to Harrah's.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Tonight my husband made beef stew. We invited a bunch of peeps over- lots of drinks and food and fun.

A few of us are going to sneak off downtown and go to Harrah's.

Super jealous - sounds like a great way to spend an evening! :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I made pop up pancakes for breakfast this morning and served them with syrup.. mmm they were yummy... they are somehwat similar to yorkshire puddings..

Pop Up Pancake Recipe - makes 24 muffins or fills a 9×13 baking pan

* 1 cup milk

* 1 cup flour

* 6 eggs

* 1/4 cup melted butter

* dash salt

Preheat oven at 400*

I like to blend all the ingredients in my blender. I have tried to whisk it or even use the electic mixer, but it seems to get the most smooth with a blender. Then grease your muffin tins or baking pan. My mom likes to bake these in a jelly roll pan.

Bake them for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top. Use a knife to pry them out, hopefully they were greased well enough and should pop right out.

Now they are ready for toppings. I love syrup, powdered sugar, and fruit. We usually load it all on and dive in. What do you use to top your pancakes with? Maybe peanut butter or honey?

http://www.makeandtakes.com/pop-up-pancakes#comment-5943

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I made pop up pancakes for breakfast this morning and served them with syrup.. mmm they were yummy... they are somehwat similar to yorkshire puddings..

* 1 cup milk

* 1 cup flour

* 6 eggs

* 1/4 cup melted butter

* dash salt

Preheat oven at 400*

I like to blend all the ingredients in my blender. I have tried to whisk it or even use the electic mixer, but it seems to get the most smooth with a blender. Then grease your muffin tins or baking pan. My mom likes to bake these in a jelly roll pan.

Bake them for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top. Use a knife to pry them out, hopefully they were greased well enough and should pop right out.

Now they are ready for toppings. I love syrup, powdered sugar, and fruit. We usually load it all on and dive in. What do you use to top your pancakes with? Maybe peanut butter or honey?

I read this and thought...hmmm, yorkshire pudding? I'd have to get my head around eating them for breakfast and associating them to something sweet. :lol:

As always, thanks for the recipe Marilyn! We can always count on your to provide recipes, and provide feedback to those you try!

I'm going to take out some chicken breasts. Don't know how I'm going to prepare them though.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

* 1 cup milk

* 1 cup flour

* 6 eggs

* 1/4 cup melted butter

* dash salt

Preheat oven at 400*

I read this and thought...hmmm, yorkshire pudding? I'd have to get my head around eating them for breakfast and associating them to something sweet. :lol:

As always, thanks for the recipe Marilyn! We can always count on your to provide recipes, and provide feedback to those you try!

I'm going to take out some chicken breasts. Don't know how I'm going to prepare them though.

Def Yorkshire pudding - just more egg and not 'fried'! They do look good!

We had steak, potatoes and corn last night, we are now officially out of most food :lol:

My Husband is going to stop on the way home from work and pick up some groceries...sooooo he is also going to pick up fried chicken, potato salad and coleslaw from Albertsons....which is so good.

Timeline

I think another name for those pop-up pancakes is German pancakes.... although they just throw it all into a big baking dish and it puffs up..

seriously they were good with the syrup... .. hubby was asking for more...

my mom sometiems made something like this but she called them popovers..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

1316213334_5929e07053.jpg

A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, is a sweet breakfast dish similar to Yorkshire pudding and derived from the German Apfelpfannkuchen. It is made with eggs, flour and milk, and usually seasoned with vanilla and cinnamon, although occasionally sugar is also added. It is baked in a metal pan and falls soon after being removed from the oven. It is generally served with fresh squeezed lemon, butter, and powdered sugar or fruit toppings or syrup.

It is thought by some that the "Dutch" moniker refers to the group of German-American immigrants known as the Pennsylvania Dutch, where "Dutch" is a corruption of the German autonym "deutsch".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_baby_pancake

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I do NOT have good success making Yorkshire Puddings. My husband had never had them and so I tried to make them. Yeah....not good. So, I guess he still really hasn't had them! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline
I do NOT have good success making Yorkshire Puddings. My husband had never had them and so I tried to make them. Yeah....not good. So, I guess he still really hasn't had them! :P

I have used this recipe and they turn out great.. they aren't quite traditional Yorkshire puddings because you don't dump in all the fat in the pans but they were really good and hubby loved them and he even ate them cold...

Yorkshire Pudding Recipe

12 Yorkshire Puddings

* 1 cup milk

* 3 tablespoons melted butter

* 3 eggs

* 1 cup all-purpose flour

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* Pam cooking spray

1. Pre-heat oven to 375.

2. Heat a clean, ungreased, empty muffin-pan in the oven while you mix together the milk, melted butter, eggs, flour, and salt. (I usually do this in a blender and then I let the mixture sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour before pouring into the hot pans.)

3. This dough should be thin/runny.

4. When ingredients are mixed together,remove your muffin-pan from the oven, and spray each cup with Pam cooking spray (This step removes the messy'beef-fat method' used in traditional Yorkshire Puddings, and your Yorkshire Puddings will not spill the beef fat over into your oven as they puff up).

5. Once the pan is sprayed, fill each muffin-cup only 2/3 full of the Yorkshire pudding mixture, (they REALLY puff up).

6. Bake in your pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until golden in colour and puffed up. (avoid peeking before the time is up).

7. Serve while still warm, best served with beef gravy.

8. These form a hollow centre as they bake.

9. These shrink as they cool, so enjoy them while still warm

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ugh someone earlier mentioned tacos and now I want tacos for dinner... but that means I have to go out and get some salsa, lettuce maybe tomatoes etc.. but I really don't feel like going out and besides it is kind of late to go out because i have to shower and stuff and by that time the hubster will be home :unsure:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.