Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am thinking chili dogs for tonight.. we have been eating a lot of those lately.. at least once a week.. I found a really good canned chili.. Hormel Chunky chili... yum..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have pretty much been eating at home lately - which is a good thing, however we did stop at steak and shake last night after looking at a house and I had their grilled chicken salad - which I quite like.

Other than that it has been pretty much meat and potatoes!

Did make a pseudo philly cheese steak the other night (used bread as we didn't have buns) - it was rather good!

Timeline

darn hubby had to call and tell me he was close to our favourite Chinese place again (the one that isn't that close to where we live) and asked if I wanted some and I said, "if you want some get it" and he is like, "well do you want some?" and i said, "I will eat it if it is here" and he is like, "I asked if you wanted some" and i was like, "of course I want some" :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
darn hubby had to call and tell me he was close to our favourite Chinese place again (the one that isn't that close to where we live) and asked if I wanted some and I said, "if you want some get it" and he is like, "well do you want some?" and i said, "I will eat it if it is here" and he is like, "I asked if you wanted some" and i was like, "of course I want some" :P

OMG that picture is TOO CUTE!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

OMG that picture is TOO CUTE!!

thanks...

i like to change out my picture every few days...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

:lol::lol::lol: That's too funny Marilyn! Sounds like an Abbot and Costello skit! :lol::lol::lol:

Let me see...we eat out only about once a week if that, and usually it's lunch. I love cooking so that's no problem for me. Monday night we had tortellini with Alfredo sauce and garlic bread. Last night we had chicken with a mandarin orange sauce and vegetable fried rice. I think tonight it's time for zuchinni sausage squares or quiche, and a salad.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

:lol::lol::lol: That's too funny Marilyn! Sounds like an Abbot and Costello skit! :lol::lol::lol:

Let me see...we eat out only about once a week if that, and usually it's lunch. I love cooking so that's no problem for me. Monday night we had tortellini with Alfredo sauce and garlic bread. Last night we had chicken with a mandarin orange sauce and vegetable fried rice. I think tonight it's time for zuchinni sausage squares or quiche, and a salad.

that is basically how most of our conversations go when we are talking about what to eat :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

heres the latest from my radio station

Fried Zucchini

7/30/2008

3 Cups shredded Unpeeled Zucchini

1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese

3 tsp. snipped parsley

1 large clove garlic (finely chopped-or just a little garlic powder)

1 egg

1 tsp salt

dash of pepper

1 Cup biscuit mix (Bisquick or Pioneer Mix)

Heat oil in a skillet. Mix all ingredients together. Drop by tablespoon into skillet. Fry until golden brown, approximately one minute on each side. Serves 5 - 8.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Egg-beaters and bean chili (basically, scrambled Egg-beaters substituted for ground meat).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Tonight will probably be something really simple- I'm thinking tuna sandwiches.

Which reminds me - we had tuna sandwiches for lunch the other day. My Husband had been to the store and picked up 2 cans of starfish tuna in water.

First thing I noticed was that the tuna was shredded rather than in small pieces giving it kind of a yukky texture. Second thing - I had to use 2 cans for 2 sandwiches. They look just a tad smaller than a standard can of Tuna I would buy in Canada - but, in checking the calories I noticed there are only 40 in a can vs 120 in a can of Tuna in Canada.

So unless they are using really lean tuna, I think we can safely say the contents are much less.

Bit of Tuna trivia there for you :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Tonight will probably be something really simple- I'm thinking tuna sandwiches.

Which reminds me - we had tuna sandwiches for lunch the other day. My Husband had been to the store and picked up 2 cans of starfish tuna in water.

First thing I noticed was that the tuna was shredded rather than in small pieces giving it kind of a yukky texture. Second thing - I had to use 2 cans for 2 sandwiches. They look just a tad smaller than a standard can of Tuna I would buy in Canada - but, in checking the calories I noticed there are only 40 in a can vs 120 in a can of Tuna in Canada.

So unless they are using really lean tuna, I think we can safely say the contents are much less.

Bit of Tuna trivia there for you :lol:

Did you usually buy Tuna in Canada that was packed in oil? That might make the difference between the calories. I love making tuna salad sandwiches. Like chicken salad, I'm always looking for new things to put in my tuna for a sandwich? What do you guys put in your tuna?

Ooops, edited to add what I usually put in...since I asked, I should probably go first! I usually put in mayo...NOT miracle whip...MAYO. haha Then I put some pickle relish in it, maybe some shredded cheese, very finely diced celery. I used to make toasted tuna cups, they were delicious. Had the same ingredients, but I'd cut the slices off of whole wheat bread, and put them in a muffin cup, the inside buttered, mound my tuna salad in there, and put in the oven until toasty. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I usually mix 2 or 3 cans because I do find the cans smaller here.

I mix in celery, chopped pickles, pimentos, onions, TonyC's creole seasoning, Paul Prudhommes seafood blend, lots of pepper and light mayo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.