• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Im Making a Shrimp Gumbo tonight,...yummieeeeeeeeeee..:)

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

I think it's salmon burgers from Trader Joe's & salad for us :)

Have to deliver supper to friends tonite. The wife is suffering from an auto immune disease and is unable to really cook etc., so we've made supper for them for tonite. THEY are having chicken, rice & salad :)

That's a lovely gesture E (F)

We had some leftover brisket. I heated it up for about 3 hours in the slow cooker after I sliced it. Mixed up a concoction of KC bbq sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce and spices. It was sooooooo tender after being in the slow cooker. We had that on buns and finished up the potato salad and a rice vegetable salad I had made another day. I like cleaning out my fridge!

Tonight I have no idea what I'm having. Gene confessed last night that he was feeling a bit icky again. He said he's still not 100% from that flu like symptoms he had about 5 days ago. Poor dear!

Maybe some chicken parmesean tonight?

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

it hit me in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping :P that we were going to have chili sgetti tonight for dinner.... i even have it cooking in the crock pot already..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We had chicken parmesean last night. I made banquet potatoes and stir fried zuchinni and squash. The veggies were quite nice. Stir fried for just a short time in olive oil, with grated fontina and parmesean cheese on them. Yummy. Chicken and potato leftovers tonight, with a nice salad.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have homemade chicken noodle soup cooking and the kids just have to have egg salad sandwiches to go with it but I think the hubby may want a little more to go with it and I just can't seem to think of anything other then a salad.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

We had company last night so I made a pasta primavera with everything I could think of from the garden in it - and some extras not from the garden like mushrooms, green chillies and storebought onions and celery - all served over bowtie pasta. Well, I had lots of the primavera sauce left over, so I added some turkey meatballs to it, some more tomatoes and mushrooms then cooked a 5 grain rice mixture in chicken broth, and served that together with a cucumber/tomato/yogurt and basil salad. And, there is one serving of each left over that Joe can have for lunch tomorrow so my work is done - dah dah!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I am making chicken stir fry.. it is a new recipe using, Italian dressing, honey, garlic, ginger.. and then I have a bag of frozen stir fry vegies... will serve it over white rice..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am cooking a roast chicken tonight,...that's what the kiddos wanted for their birthday dinner,...i also made a cake,...quite proud of how that turned out,...might post a pic later

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Timeline

dinner was yummy.. hubby said it was very good...

fry up about a pound of chicken, add about 3 cups of frozen vegetables, 1/2 cup italian dressing (I like to use the Light Zesty Italian dressing), 2 tablespoons honey, 3/4 teaspoons ginger, and 2 to 4 cloves of garlic, minced. heat for about 5 minutes. serve over rice...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

We have company again tonight (same company as from Wednesday but on the way back). So, after going for a swim we decided to check out a new restaurant that is at the entrance to our subdivision - Caribbean Jerk Cuisine. Wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out to be fantastic. The owners and cooks are from the Caribbean and they use original ingredients and recipes. Our guest had Chicken Curry roti, (large biscuity type shell with curried chicken and a sliced cabbagey type of salad in it), Joe had straight chicken curry with rice and peas cooked together in this delicious gravy with carrots and potatoes, and I had goat curry with the same rice and peas and potatoes and carrots. We had sorrel juice (they also have Ting - an old re-enactor favourite!). The food was wonderful - true Caribbean. I am definitely going to go back or stop there for goodies on a regular basis. I am still stuffed but satisfyingly so. Yum!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

so we decided on the fish and chip place around the corner.. mmm, the deep fried zucchini and onion rings were so good.. their batter is no nice and light and not overly greasy.. the cole slaw was yummy and the fish was good

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We have company again tonight (same company as from Wednesday but on the way back). So, after going for a swim we decided to check out a new restaurant that is at the entrance to our subdivision - Caribbean Jerk Cuisine. Wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out to be fantastic. The owners and cooks are from the Caribbean and they use original ingredients and recipes. Our guest had Chicken Curry roti, (large biscuity type shell with curried chicken and a sliced cabbagey type of salad in it), Joe had straight chicken curry with rice and peas cooked together in this delicious gravy with carrots and potatoes, and I had goat curry with the same rice and peas and potatoes and carrots. We had sorrel juice (they also have Ting - an old re-enactor favourite!). The food was wonderful - true Caribbean. I am definitely going to go back or stop there for goodies on a regular basis. I am still stuffed but satisfyingly so. Yum!

We had a small Caribbean restaurant in Saskatoon if you can believe it. Was wonderful! I've made a few good Caribbean jerk marinades as well.

We did some grocery shopping yesterday, and Gene's mouth was watering for some ribs. I prefer baby back ribs, but the prices are way too high, so we bought some rib tips and some bbq ribs, and I boiled them up, to grill later. Well, our mouths are STILL watering, because they were the worst ribs I have ever tasted. It was like eating shoe leather! WAY too much fat. I think I'll just stick to bbq chops when we have a hankering for pork on the grill. We did buy what looks to be a nice pork loin roast though...we'll probably have that next weekend on the rotissairre. Now I have to think of what to have for supper tonight. Maybe your ghoulash Marilyn? Have to think about this one!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.