• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm thinking of trying this...Zucchini Bread (or muffins). This is from VeggieBlogs.com...a vegetarian forum. I'm not vegetarian, but I am trying to incorporate more veggies in our diet. Methinks I would cut down on the sugar and use local honey instead.

Ingredients

-3 eggs (if you don't want to use eggs, then you can use egg substitute, like Egg Beaters.)

-1 cup canola oil

-2 cups sugar

-2 cups grated zucchini

-2 tsp vanilla

-3 cups flour

-2 tsp baking powder

-1 1/4 tsp salt

-1 tsp baking soda

-3 tsp cinnamon

-1 1/2 cups nuts (optional)

Directions

-Preheat oven to 375 (for muffins) or 350 (for bread).

-Mix the first 5 ingredients in one bowl and mix the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl.

-When both bowls are thoroughly mixed, slowly stir in the combined dry ingredients into the egg mixture bowl. Please be sure to thoroughly mix when both bowls are completely combined.

-For bread, this makes roughly two bread loaves worth. Pour mixture into bread pans and cook in oven for 1 hour.

-For muffins, this makes roughly 2-3 dozen muffins. Pour mixture into a muffin pan (if you're not using muffin paper, be sure to use Pam Spray to make sure the muffins don't stick), and cook for 12-15 minutes.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok I made this today...

Crock Pot Hungarian Goulash Recipe

* 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes

* 1 large onion, sliced

* 1 clove garlic, minced

* 1/2 cup ketchup

* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

* 1 tablespoon brown sugar

* 2 teaspoons salt

* 2 teaspoons paprika

* 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

* 1 cup water

* 1/4 cup flour

1. Place meat in crock pot and cover with sliced onion.

2. Combine garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, paprika and mustard Stir in water, mix well, and pour over meat.

3. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

4. Turn control to high.

5. Dissolve flour in a small amount of cold water and stir into meat mixture.

6. Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.

7. Serve over noodles or rice.

*I added some bell pepper I had in the fridge.... If I make this again, I will brown the meat before adding it to the crock pot...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Change of plans for dinner tonight. I went to Mel's work with an ice chest to pick up 25 pounds of fresh shrimp that one of his co-workers caught. They are huge! I had to pull the heads off them and ziplock the ones that needed to go to the freezer. Yuck.

Mel's mom is in town and she is making them tonight. She is doing BBQ shrimp- which in New Orleans has nothing to do with BBQ. It is a butter sauce and then baked in the oven. I don't really care for them this way.

She will also boil some and make a remoulade sauce for them

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Zuccini muffins/loafs are good, I always make the chocolate kind.

Well tonight is a small pot roast with carrots and potatoes and yellow beans.

Crock Pot Hungarian Goulash Recipe, that looks good I may have to try that some time.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

grilled sausage and yellow rice tonight methinks!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

the goulash finished cooking... I have to wait till hubby gets home to eat it but I did try a little and it tastes good but it is verging on being a little too salty... it is ok but next time I think I would reduce the salt a little...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I experimented and made a pierogy casserole tonight. I laid frozen pierogies on the bottom of a casserole dish, covered them with thinly sliced strips of zucchini, added frozen mixed Chinese vegetables (there's a mixing of cultures for you!), the left over vegetable and tomato pasta sauce and pasta from last night (not enough for a serving), then covered it all with Vodka Cream spaghetti sauce (bottled version), romano cheese and baked 40 minutes in a 350 F oven. Yum- it was great! Of course, we had sliced cucumbers with it as well. (I am almost afraid to go out and harvest cucumbers tonight - I didn't harvest yesterday!)

Dessert - which will be a bit later when we are not so stuffed! - will be individual shortcakes with whipped cream covered with fresh raspberries and blueberries, and coffee.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I experimented and made a pierogy casserole tonight. I laid frozen pierogies on the bottom of a casserole dish, covered them with thinly sliced strips of zucchini, added frozen mixed Chinese vegetables (there's a mixing of cultures for you!), the left over vegetable and tomato pasta sauce and pasta from last night (not enough for a serving), then covered it all with Vodka Cream spaghetti sauce (bottled version), romano cheese and baked 40 minutes in a 350 F oven. Yum- it was great! Of course, we had sliced cucumbers with it as well. (I am almost afraid to go out and harvest cucumbers tonight - I didn't harvest yesterday!)

Dessert - which will be a bit later when we are not so stuffed! - will be individual shortcakes with whipped cream covered with fresh raspberries and blueberries, and coffee.

Kathryn you always have the most delicious dinners, next time I'm in the Atlanta area I'm stopping by for dinner :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Marilyn, I'm a huge fan of goulash, yet rarely make it! I'll try your recipe, with a little less salt...

Kathyrn, wow, that perogy (you spell it differently!) casserole sounds wonderful! Make-up recipes are the best eh? :thumbs:

We had turkey burgers last night with tater tots.

Tonight we're having crab cakes, an asian salad, and corn on the cob

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, shamefully, we had a big mac on Tuesday night and pizza last night haha.

We were actually going to have Thai food last night - but they have gone on holiday so closed the restaurant until next week :lol:

Tonight - normal food!!

Timeline
Marilyn, I'm a huge fan of goulash, yet rarely make it! I'll try your recipe, with a little less salt...

Kathyrn, wow, that perogy (you spell it differently!) casserole sounds wonderful! Make-up recipes are the best eh? :thumbs:

We had turkey burgers last night with tater tots.

Tonight we're having crab cakes, an asian salad, and corn on the cob

and I think it would be good to brown the meat a little before throwing it in the crock pot...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

what is this

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Tonight my housemates and I are having Haggis Pizza and Tiramisu for dessert.

icon8.gif

PLEASE tell me you are joking! :lol:

Nope absolutely serious, was fabulous. Trying to get into the culture here. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.