Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well tonight we're going to have left over Greek Pasta that I made the other day. Now last nights chicken, from the recipe that Marilyn gave us...OMG....talk about DECADENT!!!! It was incredible. I pounded out six boneless skinless chicken breasts, and spread the onion chive cream cheese on them, rolled them up, wrapped a bacon slice around them, inserted toothpicks...and viola! They were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!! Reminiscent of a "special" occassion meal, you certainly couldn't make them everyday, but I highly recommend them. Warning however, you should love cream cheese...otherwise I don't think you'll like them. I made up some Israeli grain mixture. (That's what it was called...) from Trader Joes and it was incredible also. Very nutty...and grainy. :lol: A broccolli slaw rounded things out.

I also made a rhubarb coffee cake the other day that was out of this world. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.

now I want to make them too! :)

and yes please for the coffee cake recipe!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RHUBARB COFFEE CAKE

1-1/2 c. brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 c. chopped nuts

2-1/2 c. flour

2/3 c. oil

1 c. buttermilk or sour milk

1 tsp. baking soda

1-1/2 c. diced rhubarb, fresh or frozen

Mix all ingredients together.

TOPPING:

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tbsp. butter

1/2 c. brown sugar

Spread on top of coffee cake. Bake in 9 x 13 inch pan at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

*** I used a cup of milk that sat for about 5 minutes with vinegar in it instead of the buttermilk. I also used 2 cups of diced rhubarb, fresh, but I think it could have used at least another 1/2 cup. Gene said 2 cups was enough he thought. I used 1 cup of brown sugar and increased the cinnamon and butter (or margarine) accordingly for the topping. ***

enjoy!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Carla! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont have a clue what supper will be either. I really dont feel like cooking but i know the kids will want real food not fend for yourselves food. Well the younger two would love it but not the older two.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

sometimes dinner ideas will just hit me as I am lying in bed in the morning waiting for the alarm to go off and other days I have no clue and other days I don't feel like cooking at all :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I do have my camping menu figured out...

Dinner Friday night will be BBQ chicken pizza.. (going to fry up the chicken, bell pepper and onion before we go)...

Dessert probably smores

Breakfast/Brunch Saturday.. egg mcmuffins and fruit salad (bunch of non-acidic fruit cut up and dressing is yogurt (I like to use raspberry) mixed with some cool whip)

Dinner Saturday - Hamburgers and corn on the cob and banana boats for dessert...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

WOW Ideals come to you while lying in bed must be nice. I can start figuring out supper the night before and still be clueless at 4:00. Not sure how you can plan ahead for a camping trip. I just pack everything and figure it out later.

I wasnt always like that though and every now and then i can figure out a weeks worth of meals and make it all in one day even freeze it all then just take it out when i want it. But years with an ### of and ex who was never happy ruined my love of cooking. When i was finally free the kids and I had loads of fun making stuff we couldnt have before but the fun seems to have worn off. Well i better get back to thinking of supper cause its 3:30 and i'm still lost to what to make.

Danielle

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

hey I didn't say that happened all the time... just once in a blue moon an idea will pop in my head but most of the time I have to hem and haw all day trying to figure out what I am going to make..lol

I just got back from grocery shopping for the camping trip and I thought maybe the grocery store might help me figure out dinner but nope... :unsure: still have no clue...

I have to plan ahead for camping trips because I have limited storage space so I have to know what I am making and only bring that...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I once found some rhubarb in the local Kroger store - it was labeled Bok Choy! Seriously! So, I bought it - the price was right - and I enjoyed several days of stewed rhubarb. A local nursery had rhubarb bulbs on sale a few weeks ago so I picked one up and will plant it next fall. I have no idea if it will grow here or if it is too warm. We will see!

Dinner was teriyaki meat balls stir-fried in mixed oriental vegetables (frozen) supplemented by fresh zucchini, okra and eggplant from the garden, served with rice.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We spent part of the day in Atlanta at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital...so on the way home (after we also found a car for Joel) we stopped at The Varsity. This is heartburn heaven!!!! Their chili dogs are legendary. Then we topped it off at Sonic, treating Anna to an Oreo Blast (similar to a Dairy Queen Blizzard).

http://www.thevarsity.com/history.php

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

We spent part of the day in Atlanta at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital...so on the way home (after we also found a car for Joel) we stopped at The Varsity. This is heartburn heaven!!!! Their chili dogs are legendary. Then we topped it off at Sonic, treating Anna to an Oreo Blast (similar to a Dairy Queen Blizzard).

I LOVE the Varsity!!! I loved going there when I lived in GA :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I'm not too big on cold soups, but might be willing to try making on if it gets too hot this summer! Might try a diced gazpacho soup for starters...anyone like that?

I've made my own gazpacho, and I've had North American gazpacho. It was really good. When I was in Spain a couple of years ago I ordered gazpacho. WOW. Totally unlike North American versions. It was incredible. I am looking forward to having it, again, in a few weeks while I am over there. Only 19 more sleeps! :dance:

OMG! How am I going to lose 20 lbs in 19 sleeps? :o

:lol:

Last night we had leftover cream of leek soup. It was really lovely. Tonight I am going to make Thai lettuce wraps. :)

How is the NA version different than the Sparnish one? We're going to miss you when you're gone...19 sleeps to go, how many sleeps for us until you return? :crying:

Hope everything is okay Karen, since you mentioned spending part of the day at the hospital! And Joel found a car eh? What did he find!?

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.