Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like everyone had fabu dinners!

Happy belated birthday to your hubby...glad you two were able to go out and enjoy yourselves. :)

I have bread to bake tomorrow...chicken stock in the fridge...a boneless chuck roast to do something with...

Oh wait...it IS tomorrow already. :blush: Having trouble sleeping tonight.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night, we had steaks on the grill (marinated in a honey teriyaki sauce ... yum!), sauteed mushrooms, sauteed spinach and asparagus cooked on the grill.

Today, we are heading to Portland ME to do some shopping (that is the closest Babies R Us, 3 hours away). I amexcited to have SEAFOOD!!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Timeline
Will try Citrus Chicken and Rice tonight

What did you think of the citrus chicken, SweetCouple? I think I might give it a go if it comes back with rave reviews.

we're finally going out for my hubby's birthday (he wanted a nice dinner as his present, but he was unemployed at the time, so we held off until now) --we're going here : http://www.mahoganyprime.com/index.php

me is excited :D

Ohhhhhh, that looks lovely, Cassie. Sounds like you had a great time!

I have no idea what we're having for dinner tonight. Hubby's gone to the gym and I'm just about to head out for my walk, then we'll probably go to Sanford to pick up a couple of suits he bought and had tailored. So I'm thinking we might stop off at Pollo Tropical. But I've kinda had a craving for pizza lately. Except that every time I mention it my husband doesn't want any. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just make bbq'd pizza one day. OMG, I'm hungry. I need to go eat something. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Today -- back to reality. :lol: I think the hubby requested homemade pizza for supper tonight.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Happy belated birthday to your husband Cassie! Sounds like you had a lovely meal, and the venue looks swanky! (Does anyone say swanky anymore?? :wacko: )

We had grilled steaks last night, with green beans and potato salad. Tonight I'm thinking meatloaf, salad, and mashed potatoes? Something will come to me....

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had beef brisket over brown rice....beef was made in the slow cooker with Ale! Yum!

I think tonight we will make Curry Chicken with the help of Patak's...

Krikit - have yet to find the elusive Indian restaurant that makes me want to have them as a weekly dinner event....in the meantime, we are using Patak's products that we have found at Super Walmart....

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Happy belated birthday to your husband Cassie! Sounds like you had a lovely meal, and the venue looks swanky! (Does anyone say swanky anymore?? :wacko: )

We had grilled steaks last night, with green beans and potato salad. Tonight I'm thinking meatloaf, salad, and mashed potatoes? Something will come to me....

People should say swanky more often :thumbs:

I have filo pastry in the freezer, I was watching Emeril, again, the other day and he made these spinach and feta cheese triangles. Not a fan of feta, so I bought an alternate cheese, but I also bought fresh spinach so I pretty much have to make them today. Spanakopita (Spinach Triangles or Pie)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mel was at a work fishing tournament this weekend. They caught trout, redfish and flounder. One of his co workers cleaned all the fish for them ans brought it in today. I'm off to his work to pick it up because Mel rode his bike to work.

So tonight it is probably frilled redfish, some grilled veggies and salad with either rice or couscous.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

anyone ever done this:

Beer in the Rear Chicken and BBQ Sauce

Ingredients:

5 lb whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry

2 - 3 tablespoons dry rub, recipe follows

1 (12-ounce) can light beer

barbecue sauce, recipe follows

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Set up your indoor/oven "beer can chicken" roaster according to manufacturer's instructions. Rub the chicken all over with the dry rub making sure to get some around the cavity opening as well. Put the rubbed chicken in place over the beer can, on top of a roasting pan. Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.

Lower the oven to 325 degrees F and roast for 90 minutes basting with the chicken drippings and Barbecue Sauce until very, very tender. Carefully remove the chicken from the roaster and let rest 10 minutes before carving. Remove beer can from chicken. Serve with more Barbecue Sauce on the side.

Dry Rub:

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons sweet paprika

2 teaspoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon celery salt

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon chili powder

Cayenne pepper, pinch

Combine all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.

Barbeque Sauce:

3/4 cup finely chopped onion

2 teaspoons minced garlic

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 cup ketchup

2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1/4 cup water

Dash Worcestershire sauce

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute the onion and garlic in vegetable oil until soft. Add salt and pepper. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer 10 minutes.

Prep Time - 10 minutes

Inactive Prep Time - 10 minutes

Cook Time - 1 hour 30 minutes

Yield - 4 to 5 servings

Difficulty - Intermediate

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

People should say swanky more often :thumbs:

I have filo pastry in the freezer, I was watching Emeril, again, the other day and he made these spinach and feta cheese triangles. Not a fan of feta, so I bought an alternate cheese, but I also bought fresh spinach so I pretty much have to make them today. Spanakopita (Spinach Triangles or Pie)

I make a Spinach log about once every 2 or 3 weeks and I use shredded swiss in it. I use puff pastry instead of the phyllo. Phyllo is so awful to work with sometimes! I just use one sheet of puff pastry dough, roll it out a little thinner after about 30 min. after I take it out of the freezer. Then I put a mixture of thawed spinach, mixed with egg, feta and shredded swiss cheese. Bring over sides and tuck in ends. Brush with egg wash, and put in the oven for hmmm 20 min? I just watch it after about 15 min. I think I used cheddar and bacon one time with the spinach as well. Maybe throw in some onions and mushrooms too if you like. I absolutely love this recipe.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I say swanky! :) And yes it was definitely swanky (with a swanky bill to match! :wacko: ) , but sooooooooo good. Beautiful ambience, nice music, fantastic food. We very rarely treat ourselves this way, so it was a very special date night and absolutely worth it. :)

Last night I marinated chicken tenders in my special sauce -- a mixture of spicy or dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic (either fresh or powdered), herbs, and olive oil. Hubster grilled them and he made himself a quesadilla while I had a grilled chicken salad. So good :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to try this recipe I just found.. it looks so good...

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe

12 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves

2 (8 oz) cartons chive and onion cream cheese

12 slices of bacon

salt (to taste)

2 tablespoons butter

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Between 2 sheets of wax paper with a mallet flatten chicken breasts to ½” thickness.

Step 2: Spread 3 tablespoons of cream cheese over each chicken breast. Then Dot with butter and season with salt. Wrap with bacon and stick a toothpick through the rolled chicken breast to hold it together. Roll up and stick a toothpick through to hold it together.

Step 3: Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes (or until juices run clear).

Step 4: Turn on the broiler and broil six inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.

* Try and pound the chicken breasts down with a mallet as thinly as possible because they will roll up a lot easier. If you want to do some outdoor grilling these can also be grilled as well. They go great with a side dish of pasta or flavored rice.

http://blogchef.net/bacon-wrapped-chicken-recipe/

you can see picture of it in the link.. looks sooooo good... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
We had beef brisket over brown rice....beef was made in the slow cooker with Ale! Yum!

I think tonight we will make Curry Chicken with the help of Patak's...

Krikit - have yet to find the elusive Indian restaurant that makes me want to have them as a weekly dinner event....in the meantime, we are using Patak's products that we have found at Super Walmart....

Oh! T.O.! Did you ever get to Sushi Katana?

Patak's is great. I'm so glad they have them here.

Last night we had the last of the steak and mushroom pies I brought back from Canada. I had a bit of cauliflower so I boiled that up with the potatoes and mashed them all together. We also had steamed carrots and parsnips and some peas. Oh, and some mushroom gravy. Tonight I am making cream of leek soup because I have a ton of leeks in the fridge that I need to use. (My husband is working late tonight so we'll have that when he gets in.)

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have no freakin idea what to make nor no freaking desire to make anything.. it is too darn hot to cook anything and I forgot to put something in the crock pot before I left and now it is too late :P :P :P

I would get hubby to pick something up but we have been eating out a bit too much lately :unsure:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.