What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have been watching and trying some of your recipes here and all sound so good so how about a okie special you can try. Seems there isnt much Mexican you guys try so how about this one i got off the radio this morning few of us are GOING to try havent yet

Okie's Beefy Fiesta Cheesecake

6/18/2008

Serves 8

Pam Spray

1 Packages Cream Cheese softened

1/2 Cup Sour Cream

1 Pkg. Taco Seasoning (Williams brand used)

2 Eggs

5 Corn tortilia's

1 Cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

2 Cups cooked shredded beef ( Can use precooked roast or beef tips)

1 Small 4 oz. can chopped green chilies( do not drain)

1 T. Chopped Jalapeno Peppers (from a jar pickled)

1/2 Cup chopped green onions

Garnish and topping

1/2 Cup Nacho flavored Dorito's crushed

1 Package Pre-packaged Guacamole or make fresh

Remaining 1/4 chopped green onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pan. I used a 9 in spring form round pan, but any 9 in. pan will work

Tear the corn tortilia's into pieces covering the bottom of the pan. Give the tortilia's a spray of Pam, to give a light coating.

Mix the cream cheese, 2 eggs, sour cream and package of taco seasoning until well blended and smooth.

Stir in 1/2 of the grated cheddar cheese reserving the remaining for the topping, shredded beef, chopped green chilies, and jalapeno peppers. Only use 1/2 of the green onions into this mixture. You are reserving the remaining for the garnish. Do not mix this step with the mixer. Stir until well blended.

Bake for 45 min. to 50 min. Mixutre will not giggle when done.

Remove cheesecake and while hot, sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese over the top to melt. Sprinkle remaining green onions over the top. Followed by desired garnish. I serve ours with the Crushed Dorito's and 1 to 2 T. Guacamole.

Let stand 15 min before cutting and serving.

Sprinkle crushed Dorito's over the top, followed by 1 or 2 T. of Guacamole.

The chips will soften if left on for a length of time, so I recommend putting them on before serving, as with the Guacamole.

Thanks for the recipe! I make "Mexican" food about twice a month. We eat mexican food outside the home at only authentic Mexican restaurants, and I've yet to duplicate that at home! Always looking for good Mexican recipes.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes this does sound very gooooooooood! We love Mexican, but it's so hard to find authentic restaurants. Methinks we'll try this one soon. Thanks so much for sharing this!! :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yes this does sound very gooooooooood! We love Mexican, but it's so hard to find authentic restaurants. Methinks we'll try this one soon. Thanks so much for sharing this!! :D

you need to move to LA.. mmmmm so much good Mexican food around here...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

actually Mexican is a OKIE staple ha i can go few blocks to the Mexican market and get the meat already merinated etc etc but anyway also here we have a morning radio station that does a cooking segment once a week and posts whats been cooked so go to:

http://www.magic104.com/advertisers.aspx (magic 104 radio) if it dont come up

go down to MAGIC CHEF and they have tons of recipes im sure all will find something you will like to fit your tastes

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
Thanks for the Mexican recipes link. I'm one of the "I don't like Mexican" variety. I would, however, be mucho interested in any Moroccan recipes you can recommend! :dance:

Moroccan i dont or cant do ha guess im going to be in big trouble but in the MENA group there is a link for all that they have posted, luckily i introduced him to tacos so he loved them.....also that link to the radio has everything imaginable in it deserts, main dishes, vegetable dishes everthing just from what people have sent in no certain one area dishes

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Timeline

Ok if your in Okla then and dont want Mexican we also have many cowboys (boss made this and had for lunch looked great)

Cowboy Casserole

Servings: 5 servings

Prep. Time: :25

Total Time: :45

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef

1 sm. onion

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

3 cups mashed potatoes

1 can cream corn

6 slices American cheese (or grated of choice)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. While browning make your mash potatoes, set aside. Drain fat from ground beef. Grease a casserole dish (9X9-inch) and spoon a cup of mash potatoes on the bottom. Spread the ground beef over mashed potatoes. Pour the can of cream corn over meat. Spoon the rest of your mashed potatoes over cream corn, then lay your 6 slices of cheese over mashed potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes and serve!

Cream corn is no one's favorite, but try this and you will love it!

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Salad tonight since Publix had salad for buy one get one free!

Spring Greens with corn, black beens, avocado, tomatoes, black olive slices and boiled egg cut up.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Timeline
Ok if your in Okla then and dont want Mexican we also have many cowboys (boss made this and had for lunch looked great)

Cowboy Casserole

Servings: 5 servings

Prep. Time: :25

Total Time: :45

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef

1 sm. onion

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

3 cups mashed potatoes

1 can cream corn

6 slices American cheese (or grated of choice)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. While browning make your mash potatoes, set aside. Drain fat from ground beef. Grease a casserole dish (9X9-inch) and spoon a cup of mash potatoes on the bottom. Spread the ground beef over mashed potatoes. Pour the can of cream corn over meat. Spoon the rest of your mashed potatoes over cream corn, then lay your 6 slices of cheese over mashed potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes and serve!

Cream corn is no one's favorite, but try this and you will love it!

are you kidding?? I (L)(L) cream corn.. I sometimes eat a spoonful or two cold if I am opening a can... mmm yum...

i decided against beef goulash and instead we are going to have hamburgers and curly fries and corn on the cob...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not fussy about Mexican food either although we have it fairly often because Joe likes it. "Real" Mexican food is definitely better than the Tex-Mex often served. Indian and Thai seem to be my favourites right now:-).

Tonight we are having sirloin beef tips over wide noodles, corn on the cob and a tomato/cucumber salad made from our own tomatoes and cucumbers - fresh picked!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I'm not fussy about Mexican food either although we have it fairly often because Joe likes it. "Real" Mexican food is definitely better than the Tex-Mex often served. Indian and Thai seem to be my favourites right now:-).

Tonight we are having sirloin beef tips over wide noodles, corn on the cob and a tomato/cucumber salad made from our own tomatoes and cucumbers - fresh picked!

stop rubbing it in.. :P

growing up my mom always had a huge garden.. I miss all the fresh vegies :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.