Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hehehe, no you're not an oddball - you're a Southern gal and rhubarb is a cool weather crop. Unfortunately, no there isn't anything else that tastes quite like rhubarb. On it's own it is very sour so it is always prepared with some sort of sweetner. It still has that nice touch of tartness mixed in with the sweet though - and that goes oh, so well with strawberries! Strawberry and rhubarb pie! Yum! I just love a bowl of stewed rhubarb with vanilla ice cream - also yum.

So, if my rhubarb bulb takes and we successfully produce rhubarb - in another year or so I can probably offer you a taste:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Uhm....I think I'm an oddball...I've never had rhubarb. :blush: Does it taste similar to anything?

sour candies :)

I'm with you Kathryn, stewed rhubarb over ice cream..... SO GOOD!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok..Im really behind here but skimming through the posts I thought I would post a couple replies

Trailmix:" Can anyone recommend a pasta sauce that isn't sweet in ze U.S.A.?"

IF I DONT MAKE IT HOMEMADE, WE REALLY LIKE CLASICO BRAND IN TOMATO/BASIL OR FOUR CHEESE

On being a "recipe packrat":

COUNT ME IN, I COLLECT COOKBOOKS...WE GO TO THE THRIFT STORES A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK AND GARAGE SALES ON THE WEEKENDS..IM CONSTANTLY LOOKING FOR COOKBOOK..CANT GET ENOUGH!..LOL

Marilyn posted "Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken"

SOUNDS YUMMY, CANT WAIT TO TRY IT, DID YOU LIKE IT?

loved all the dinner pics...

Ive been looking for Panko bread crumbs forever..and finally found them.. breaded some chicken tenders and pan fried them..and made chicken sandwhiches with them last night..they were so crispy.. love Panko will never go back to regular crumbs..

for dinner tonight...going to make some Pork fajitas...with homemade salsa from Trader Joe's

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Timeline

Whoa. You're up late/early. :o

We had been shopping all day yesterday in Orlando, so we had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We had the Thai Lettuce Wraps. Sooooooo good. Then we had carrot cake. On our way home we stopped by one of our favourite places.... One Flight Up.... I had a white wine and he had a chai latte. One Flight Up is exactly that. It's above some shops and has little private rooms with comfy couches and chairs, or you can go outside on the balcony and people watch. We always sit on the balcony. Oh! And it's got free wireless so people bring their laptops too. I've also seen people sitting there and writing. It's a very tranquil place.

Tonight we are having butter chicken (curry) with peppers and brown basmati rice that I brought back from Canada. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Whoa. You're up late/early. :o

We had been shopping all day yesterday in Orlando, so we had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We had the Thai Lettuce Wraps. Sooooooo good. Then we had carrot cake. On our way home we stopped by one of our favourite places.... One Flight Up.... I had a white wine and he had a chai latte. One Flight Up is exactly that. It's above some shops and has little private rooms with comfy couches and chairs, or you can go outside on the balcony and people watch. We always sit on the balcony. Oh! And it's got free wireless so people bring their laptops too. I've also seen people sitting there and writing. It's a very tranquil place.

Tonight we are having butter chicken (curry) with peppers and brown basmati rice that I brought back from Canada. :)

Sounds like a nice day - except maybe the all day shopping?

Last night we just had a sausage on a piece of bread :thumbs:

I'm thinking tonight I shall whip up a stir fry, which reminds me, I should go and take out some meat for said stir fry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit - we're heading into Orlando on Wednesday for our Biometrics are going to make a day of it with some grocery shopping and maybe visit Prime Outlets now that they are officially open...he he he Hoping to score on a pair of running shoes!

I love Indian Food! One thing I really miss being down here in our area...not much Indian food going on....and the ones that are around aren't as good as Toronto's.....I miss Little India Town! Know of any good Indian Restaurants in Orlando? We've been to the one on Colonial Drive.....Woodlands I think is the name....

Is One Flight Up a lounge for coffee/drinks? Maybe we'll pass by there on Wednesday....

Made Eggless Tiramisu last night and going to eat it today...YUM!

Edited by T.O_2_FL

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's Sunday so Joe is cooking - put on his usual pot of pinto beans with onion, garlic and peppers (that man loves his beans!!) and we will 'wrap' them inside lettuce leaves with salsa, sour cream and cheese . . . healthier than using taco wraps, besides which we don't have any in the house:-). Temperature headed up near 100 again today - did some very basic work in the yard and garden early this morning - and staying inside the rest of the day in the a/c.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
Krikit - we're heading into Orlando on Wednesday for our Biometrics are going to make a day of it with some grocery shopping and maybe visit Prime Outlets now that they are officially open...he he he Hoping to score on a pair of running shoes!

I love Indian Food! One thing I really miss being down here in our area...not much Indian food going on....and the ones that are around aren't as good as Toronto's.....I miss Little India Town! Know of any good Indian Restaurants in Orlando? We've been to the one on Colonial Drive.....Woodlands I think is the name....

Is One Flight Up a lounge for coffee/drinks? Maybe we'll pass by there on Wednesday....

Made Eggless Tiramisu last night and going to eat it today...YUM!

Ohmygosh, T.O.... you absolutely absolutely have to visit Sushi Katana when you're in Orlando! It's a hop skip and a jump from the biometrics office..... right on Conroy Road in front of the Mall at Millenia. (My favourite mall, btw. lol) I know it's not Indian but it's my absolute favourite restaurant here in Florida. I highly recommend the seaweed salad and the shumai appetizer. :thumbs:

blue-2.JPG

As for Indian.... I'm with you. I really really miss not having the multitude of ethnic restaurants that you find in Toronto and the GTA. That's why I looooooooove Sushi Katana. I had finally found an ethnic restaurant with the true tastes and quality of the Toronto restaurants. Unfortunately, I haven't been to any Indian restaurants here. There are none in the area where I live, and when we go to Orlando I can't help myself..... I have to go to Sushi Katana! :lol: When I find an Indian restaurant I like I'll let you know. In the meantime, I just make my own. If you find one.... let me know.

One Flight Up is in Mount Dora.... about 40 minutes from Orlando. Your husband might know Mt Dora.... it's one of those small town "destination" places with lots of antique shopping and festivals and stuff. OFU has specialty coffee/tea, wine/beer, soft drinks, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. Definitely drop in there if you're in the area.

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
It's Sunday so Joe is cooking - put on his usual pot of pinto beans with onion, garlic and peppers (that man loves his beans!!) and we will 'wrap' them inside lettuce leaves with salsa, sour cream and cheese . . . healthier than using taco wraps, besides which we don't have any in the house:-). Temperature headed up near 100 again today - did some very basic work in the yard and garden early this morning - and staying inside the rest of the day in the a/c.

BLEH, the temps yesterday were horrible. 101 was the highest of the day. Needless to say I can't get out and do much b/c of my asthma...which bums me out 'cos I love being outdoors!

Not sure what we'll have...prolly leftovers. Joel made chicken alfredo (sauce recipe from copykat.com...olive garden alfredo sauce) and we had a salad. Oh baby was it good! My husband loves to cook and is very good at it! Alas, he doesn't like beans...must be a southern thing. I grew up on beans. :D Now the wrap thing sounds good. We use a lot of sour cream, salsa and cheese at our house too, not to mention those tasty Vidalia onions that Joel is so very fond of. Maybe if Joel eats them the way you guys are going to, he might like them better.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ohmygosh, T.O.... you absolutely absolutely have to visit Sushi Katana when you're in Orlando! It's a hop skip and a jump from the biometrics office..... right on Conroy Road in front of the Mall at Millenia. (My favourite mall, btw. lol) I know it's not Indian but it's my absolute favourite restaurant here in Florida. I highly recommend the seaweed salad and the shumai appetizer. :thumbs:

blue-2.JPG

As for Indian.... I'm with you. I really really miss not having the multitude of ethnic restaurants that you find in Toronto and the GTA. That's why I looooooooove Sushi Katana. I had finally found an ethnic restaurant with the true tastes and quality of the Toronto restaurants. Unfortunately, I haven't been to any Indian restaurants here. There are none in the area where I live, and when we go to Orlando I can't help myself..... I have to go to Sushi Katana! :lol: When I find an Indian restaurant I like I'll let you know. In the meantime, I just make my own. If you find one.... let me know.

One Flight Up is in Mount Dora.... about 40 minutes from Orlando. Your husband might know Mt Dora.... it's one of those small town "destination" places with lots of antique shopping and festivals and stuff. OFU has specialty coffee/tea, wine/beer, soft drinks, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. Definitely drop in there if you're in the area.

Hmmm told my husband about Sushi Katana and he's interested in trying it out on Wednesday so we may just head over there! Thanks for the suggestion! We typically eat at Rengetsu on International Drive because if you sit up at the sushi bar you can get the chefs to make you whatever roll you want. The Taiko drum show is really neat too!

Because of all this talk with Indian Food, I had to resort to buying some Patak's Tikka Masala sauce for dinner tonight...pair that with cubed chicken breast, mushrooms and some veggies. Brown basmati on the side too.....sigh..wish I had some fresh Pappadams!

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I think it is going to be pizza tonight, sausage, onion and bell pepper.....

well, we had pizza but we got pizza from Little Ceasers.. I was out for a few hours doing errands and laundry and I forgot to take the pizza stuff out... so hubby got the pizza from Little Ceasers instead...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ive been looking for Panko bread crumbs forever..and finally found them.. breaded some chicken tenders and pan fried them..and made chicken sandwhiches with them last night..they were so crispy.. love Panko will never go back to regular crumbs..

us too! :thumbs: I had heard about them on the Food Network (especially during Iron Chef episodes) and on the day I needed bread crumbs, I noticed that my grocery stocked them so I thought I would try them. We will never go back! The brand I buy doesn't have any preservatives or extra junk in them, much better and crispier than regular ones for sure!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I have a bunch of fresh veggies and leftovers in the fridge so it's time to use them up in a stir fry tonight! Perhaps with ginger sesame soy sauce that I will make up.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmmm...ginger sesame soy sauce. That sounds yummy! Made up recipes are usually the best ones. Momma always called those her "as you go" recipes. Making it up "as you go".... :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.