• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Whiting dipped in egg and seasoned breading, pan fried; baked potatoes with sour cream, broccoli and salad.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well, I know this isn't gourmet like some of your meals but I think I know what I am going to make for dinner...

I am going to make up some Macaroni and Cheese, and then add some peas and cooked chicken breast..

then I might throw it all in a dish and sprinkle some grated cheese on top and bake it in the oven....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I am kind of peeved because I used to have a little stock pile of a few of the basics... like canned tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, canned corn etc...

but it is all gone now because my hubby took it over to his sister's house when he thought we were going to be staying there for awhile but when we moved back home not all of it came back... :unsure: hubby said that it was ok, that they could have it....

so know I have to start all over again :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok I found this recipe and it looks good and I have all the ingredients except I just have regular mac an cheese not the deluxe...

Crumb Topped Chicken With Macaroni and Cheese

1 1/2 cups milk

1 (14 ounce) package kraft Mac n' Cheese Deluxe

1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (sharp is our favorite)

1-1 1/4 lb boneless chicken breast halves (4-5 breast halves)

1 cup crushed buttery crackers (such as Ritz)

1 tablespoon butter, melted

1. STIR together milk, 1 cup water, Deluxe Cheese Pouch, macaroni and shredded cheddar cheese in greased 13X9-inch baking dish.

2. PLACE chicken on top of macaroni mixture. Mix crushed crackers and butter; sprinkle over chicken.

3. BAKE, uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

I just am trying to figure out the recipe though... do you think the macaroni needs to be cooked before hand or will it cook in the oven?? :unsure: you do add a lot of liquid so maybe... :unsure:

mmm, screw it.. I am just going to take some of the ideas from the recipe and do my own thing :P

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok I think I know what I am going to do....

I am going to make the mac and cheese like normal and then sautee the chicken and onion and then mix it all together with some more milk and grated cheese and some peas and then put it in a dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs over top.... and bake it in the oven....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Sesame Orange Chicken

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup bread crumbs

1/3 cup sesame seeds

2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese

1/4 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

6 chicken breast halves

1/3 cup melted butter

PREPARATION:

In a shallow dish or pie plate, put bread crumbs, sesame seeds, Parmesan cheese, ginger, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces in melted butter, then coat thoroughly with the bread crumb mixture. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.

Orange Sauce

1 tablespoon butter

2 tablespoons flour

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 cup orange juice

2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons vinegar

1 tablespoon lemon juice

In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth and well blended. Add chicken broth, orange juice and orange peel. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. In another saucepan, combine the sugar and vinegar; cook until golden in color. Stir in orange juice mixture; remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.

Here you go Karen. I still had some clementines and threw in some sections as well. It was good! I had a wild/brown rice mixture with it. I then fried up some cubed zucchinni, red pepper, celery, onion, and green onions to go with it. We like it mixed up in the rice.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Hmmm....ok - here goes. :) Rice, cooked in the chicken broth, with the chicken breasts would make a good entreé. Mix rice, broth together (butter, salt, pepper if you have it), lay chicken breasts in rice mix...bake at 400f til chicken is done and rice is tender. Peas on the side and if you have SR flour, milk, and mayo you can make Mayonnaise Popovers. Mix flour, milk and mayo to make a thick muffin like mixture, spoon into muffin tins and bake. 350f till brown on top. Depending on what the Kraft dinner is (mac n cheese?) you could mix it with the ground beef.

Oh, you're good, Karen! The Mayo Popovers sound interesting. What is SR flour? And do you have the quantities of the ingredients? I think I might make them.

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline
Tonight I'm making zuchinni sausauge squares. A very quick good recipe. I usually have soup with it, or a salad. If anyone wants the recipe let me know. It's a variation of a recipe I found once years ago. I had it published in the paper here last summer.

Would you mind posting that recipe, Carla? Please and thank you.

iagree.gif

Zuchinni Sausage Squares

1 pound (or less if I have it) pork sausage, breaking up like you would for hamburger. (I use a spicy sausage)

Drain and wipe out pan.

Fry up in a little olive oil (or whatever the heck you have!) :

3 medium sized zuchinni (or more if you'd like) sliced thin (like for scalloped potatoes)

1 small onion cut up

1/2 tsp. basil

1/2 tsp. oregeno

salt and pepper to taste

Prepare 9x13 inch pan. Roll out one can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, pinching together seams. Line the pan, and up sides a little. Spread a tablespoon of Djon (I've used regular mustard) on top of the crescents in pan.

Pull zuchinni mixture on top of crescents. Scatter cooked sausage on top of zuchinni mixture. Shake 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over top. (I use Sharp Cheddar).

Pour 3 beaten eggs over top.

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 18-20 min.

Cut in large, or small squares and enjoy!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.