Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ooo. That spinach loaf sounds yummy, Carla. I have a recipe for something like that but it's a breakfast loaf with eggs. One of Jamie Oliver's. In fact, it's fabulous.

Well, I have changed my mind once again and we are now having stuffed manicotti casserole. (With a meat sauce and mozzarella topping.) And garlic bread. I really should go to the store to pick up some romaine and make a caesar salad too. Except I don't feel like going to the store. <_<

Because it's too hot to go outside! :hehe:

We were going to have fish - don't really like fish but I bought some frozen and breaded, or so I thought, until I opened up the package and they are just fillets (not breaded), guess the picture on the front is a recipe 'suggestion'. Whatever!

So instead we had sausages and....corn. Corn on the cob for me, corn off the cob for Mike and cornbread as well.

It was all very good, double corn items a bit.... different - but oh well it was what we had and it was good :lol:

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got a text from the dear hubby suggesting a nice supper out -- yay! :dance:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Enjoy the supper out Cassie :)

We are having roast chicken, creamed spinach and potato salad (all prepared already from the grocery store).

Hey! We're having the same dinner! Same cook, too:-) - at least for the roast chicken and potato salad:-). Our spinach isn't creamed, just steamed - and I did add some steamed and seasoned zucchini and a romaine, radish and tomato salad (lettuce from the garden). Have some cantaloupe for dessert, too.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Slow cooker chicken for dinner tonight...going to start it at noon today...

Adobo Slow Cooker Chicken

INGREDIENTS

1 small sweet onion, sliced

8 cloves garlic, crushed

3/4 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup vinegar

1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces

DIRECTIONS

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a small bowl mix the onion, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar, and pour over the chicken. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Didn't go to the store yesterday, so haven't tried Carla's recipe yet.

Last night we ordered Domino's pizza - it was ok.

Tonight, i'm not sure, about to go look in the freezer, I think it will be stew :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Going to a cook-out to celebrate a friend's graduation. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*sigh* I am searching but can't seem to find that link for the cookbook maker thingie someone mentioned. I'm searching back through this thread but so far no luck. Even did a search for the whole VJ site. Meh, if someone can link it for me I'd sure appreciate it. I need to do something with the tons of recipes I have online...don't want to sit and type the whole bloody lot of them either. Believe me, there are literally tons of recipes on several sites. I should cull from them but dang it, it's hard to choose ones to delete. :blush: I'm a recipe pack rat. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, we were really spoiled last night:-). Richard and his wife Anna invited us over for a real Ukrainian meal. Anna is from Kiev and she and Rirchard married 3 years ago. They live just a few miles away from us.

Anna cooked all day and we enjoyed her results last night. I don't have the proper names of everything so I will describe them. We started with little appetizers of black bread and butter upon which we then spread a garlicky and onion chopped ham mixture-really tasty. That was followed with what is called a vinegrette - a salad made of finely chopped beats, onions, cucumber, corn, carrots, and potatoes with a type of sweet dill sauce holding it all together - also yum! Then we had homemade borscht with sour cream - also excellent, and the main course was cabbage rolls filled with a beef mixture and simmered in a sour cream sauce. Dessert was a cake made with soft cheese (farmer's cheese as 'milk cheese' is not available here), eggs, sugar, a bit of flour and lots of raisins - like a thick, custardly cream cheese cake. The whole meal was excellent and we were both stuffed - and smiling!

We toasted the evening in Ukrainian cognac and a Ukrainian vodka made with lemon, honey and peppers added as flavouring - and yes, it had a bite! Anna and Richard brought the alcohol back on a visit to the Ukraine and literally flew through Heathrow the day before they imposed the ban on bringing liquids through security. They marvel at how lucky they were because they brought back lots of Ukrainian bottles - one day later and they would have lost it all!

So, no idea what we are having tonight, but Anna and Richard are having left overs :-) - maybe we should go back and offer to help them finish some of them off, you think?

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
*sigh* I am searching but can't seem to find that link for the cookbook maker thingie someone mentioned. I'm searching back through this thread but so far no luck. Even did a search for the whole VJ site. Meh, if someone can link it for me I'd sure appreciate it. I need to do something with the tons of recipes I have online...don't want to sit and type the whole bloody lot of them either. Believe me, there are literally tons of recipes on several sites. I should cull from them but dang it, it's hard to choose ones to delete. :blush: I'm a recipe pack rat. :D

this site??...

http://yourrecipebook.co.uk/

I am a recipe pack-rat too .... :thumbs: I have a tonne of recipes I want to try but I probably will never try them all :lol:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Wow. Your Ukrainian dinner sounds awesome, Kathryn. I'm sad I don't know who those members are, though. lol

Marilyn, your Cheez Whiz is on its way! I mailed it on Thursday. Not sure how long it will take to get to you.... the long weekend will probably mess with that. Just wanted to give you a heads up because I started thinking "Oh no.... the box isn't going to fit into her mail slot." Hopefully they have an office they can leave it at?

We got an early start on our day out yesterday. Did lots of shopping and then went for a mani-pedi. The salon is in the same plaza as the Fresh Market so picked up a steak for BBQing for Memorial Day tomorrow. As well as some other stuff, of course. The annual Zellwood Sweet Corn Festival is on this weekend. We didn't go/aren't going, but I think I'll pick up some corn later. :lol:

On the way home yesterday we stopped by Mike's BBQ and picked up some chicken and collards. They were yum. We set ourselves up to watch a movie on TV when the first of 3 storms rolled in our power went out so we watched the storm instead. The power came back on just long enough for me to make custard for the pie we purchased from Fresh Market before the next storm rolled in and the power went out again. Tonight we are having steak and mushroom pie with broccoli and cauliflower and cheese sauce. :)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.