• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I remember Old Dutch bathroom cleaner

I perfer Old Dutch chips to Lays. You can't even get Old Dutch in Quebec which is an easy drive from here.

luckily the wife and I can do junk food run every month or two

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Where is old dutch from? I only started to notice it just before I left Canada.

Old Dutch used to be under the brand "Humpty Dumpty" now it's Old Dutch! They make the best baked dill pickle chips in this world...

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Where is old dutch from? I only started to notice it just before I left Canada.

The chips are made both in Canada and the U.S., the parent company is in the U.S. I believe.

ketchup.jpg

Our History

What does the windmill have to do with great snacks?

Ask anyone in Western Canada if they remember eating Old Dutch chips when they were little. They all remember—the Old Dutch windmill, the great-tasting chips and dips, the colorful characters on the bags, the Old Dutch taste they enjoyed growing up.

It all started in Winnipeg in 1954—most Winnipeggers didn’t even realize that the Old Dutch brand was their own. But the taste, quality, and identity made such an impression, that Old Dutch chips and snacks were an instant hit.

Today, six decades later, our windmill is now a sought out fixture on store shelves all across Canada. A brand to trust, a product to enjoy - Old Dutch continues to lead the snack industry in product innovation and integrity.

Although we started as a little Canadian chip company, Old Dutch has become a strong leader in taste, quality, innovation and industry standards. Our windmill stands for a great snacking tradition, and a commitment to better snack products.

Oh and you can still buy Old Dutch cleanser at 3for5.com (a place where you can buy any 3 items for under $5)

old%20dutch%20cleaner.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I perfer Old Dutch chips to Lays. You can't even get Old Dutch in Quebec which is an easy drive from here.

Humpty Dumpty chips are what I miss!! I also remember the best salt and vinegar chips me and sister used to get as kids in Montreal- It was a white bag with a little Native Indian boy on it. I think the brand was called "Little Indian" I'm not sure if those are still around.

I was a really fat kid so I spent a lot of time down at the depaneur buying junk food.

Edited by MissStacey

Timeline

Those of you from the Montreal area know Dagwoods... it's a bit like Subway or Mr. Sub but soooo much better..... MMMMM Dagwoods

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Those of you from the Montreal area know Dagwoods... it's a bit like Subway or Mr. Sub but soooo much better..... MMMMM Dagwoods

Yes!! I remember Dagwoods!

My favorite is la Belle Province- they have the best food. So greasy and so wrong, but so good.

Timeline

Humpty Dumpty chips are what I miss!! I also remember the best salt and vinegar chips me and sister used to get as kids in Montreal- It was a white bag with a little Native Indian boy on it. I think the brand was called "Little Indian" I'm not sure if those are still around.

I was a really fat kid so I spent a lot of time down at the depaneur buying junk food.

:lol: Deppanuer!! After I moved from Montreal to Toronto and I said the word "Dep" people looked at me as if I had 2 heads!!

Yes!! I remember Dagwoods!

My favorite is la Belle Province- they have the best food. So greasy and so wrong, but so good.

MMM La Belle Province and Lafleurs poutine! How could something so good be so bad!?

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Other Timeline

dangit! I knew someone was going to say poutine sooner or later!

Its not allowed on my diet!

GAH!

;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm poutine.....

I still get wierd looks when I try to order Fries with Gravy and cheese. I mean some places already have chilli fries and such, why cant they just switch it out for gravy! I KNOW they have it in the kitchen dammit!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Not a Grocery, but...

I FOUND RESTAURANT MAKEOVER ON FOODTV HERE!!! I love this show! And I didn't know it was on here. I just assumed it was only on Food Network Canada, but Its on! Early in the morning, but its on! Yay! Im excited. I love Igor!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm poutine.....

I still get wierd looks when I try to order Fries with Gravy and cheese. I mean some places already have chilli fries and such, why cant they just switch it out for gravy! I KNOW they have it in the kitchen dammit!

Tasty poutine... I get weird looks when I even *mention* poutine to Americans. Kori thinks it sounds AWFUL. I'm totally making him eat it when he's up to meet my parents.

March 13, 2009--Visa application handed to the post office.

March 16, 2009--Visa application received by Vermont Service Centre at 11:01 am. Let's hope that he actually put in everything he thought he did and they don't send it back to us!!

March 23, 2009--Got the whole package back. The cheque was apparently filled out incorrectly, thanks to the fact that his moronic flatmates helped him and instructed him wrong for the first cheque he ever filled out.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

September 1, 2009, received Package 1 from Montreal--but where is our NOA2???

Timeline

Andrew's a brave soul and tried poutine almost every time he came to visit me. Much to my chagrin, most of the time the poutine was awful! We finally had great poutine at The White Spot in Vancouver after our interview! :P It was fabulous and that's when he understood what all the fuss was about!

Oh...one other thing I noticed is that I don't think Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup tastes the same here as it does back in Canada. I mentioned that to my mother and in our Christmas package she sent two whole flats of soup! :P YAY!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.