59 posts in this topic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Woah. My nose hairs froze on the short walk from the SUB to the admin.

Bridget- I'd say so. What is going on in Egypt? Are they turning authoritarian?

oh

my

gawd

I am listening to my oldies station and just realized that I'm dancing in my seat to Night Fever.

:blink::blush:

It's freezing here too. It was so cold last night I could barely sleep and it felt like the old time radiator heaters were barely making a dent in the warmed factor.

Ugh school work. I'm buried in it. I hate this semester and it's barely begun.

On the brighter side got a call earlier this week from Waleed. He told me when he reported for his duty to be shipped to boot camp that they had him wait from 7:30am till 9:30pm. He went up to ask excuse me what is going on? The military guy said "Go sit back down. You will be the last to know what is going on. You married a forgiener. Who told you to marry a forgiener? Why didn't you marry one of your own?" Then Waleed said he said something to the guy but I didn't want to know what it was. They sent him home only to come back the next morning at 6:30am and repeated this another day to have him wait till the buses came at 1:30pm to take them to the boot camp. So basically we realize they are punishing him for marrying not one of his own. Who knows how long they will keep this up until they release him? That's not a real question.

Well I better get to class and get to cracking on this home work. I organized my modest apartment last night just so I would feel comfortable to work on homework.

Olivia that is just completely awful. What business is it of theirs who he's married to and to be harassed for it??? No wonder they're investigating so many of our spouses/fiances. Something is definitely happening over there.

i am ......here.

J

(F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
oh

my

gawd

I am listening to my oldies station and just realized that I'm dancing in my seat to Night Fever.

:blink::blush:

nurse, electroshock therapy, stat!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Jenn! ,

I do not think the Almighty works that way. I had been praying for Water to get out of AP heck and then one night I dreamed she posted, " FINALLY, VISA IN HAND " , and the OP was Water. It is worth a try, though. Lemme see what I can do..... :)

Can you dream that I have a body like Gisele's????????????????????

That would be MOST appreciated. :):):):)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Haha Bridget! I did that the other day, via singing along to The Cure's "Just like Heaven" with flare!

"Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick-- the one that makes me scream!" she said, 'The one that makes me laugh," she said, and threw her arms around my neck. Show me how you do it! And I promise you, I promise that I'll run away with you. I'll run away with you.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Haha Bridget! I did that the other day, via singing along to The Cure's "Just like Heaven" with flare!

"Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick-- the one that makes me scream!" she said, 'The one that makes me laugh," she said, and threw her arms around my neck. Show me how you do it! And I promise you, I promise that I'll run away with you. I'll run away with you.

*LOVE* that song!!! lol

and je je je jiiiiiiiiiiiiive talkin'..... :dancing::dancing:

I don't know about you guys but when I listen to the radio at work with my headphones I"m more focused and less apt to digress to the web when I should be working.

I don't know olivia they just seem to be giving our husband's/fiances a LOT harder time than they have to those who came and went before us. I just get this "feeling" that something is up, you know? I mean this officer is still today going around my husband's neighborhood scaring the crapola out of all of the people there 'cause they all think it's the police or something. lol. They're all like, "what the hell are you doing that this man is coming around????" :wacko: I told him he should feel super special. :energetic:

Sen. Kennedy's office called me and asked if he has the visa yet. When I said no they were shocked 'cause apparently they sent some letter or something so I told the woman handling our case that a man is asking around his neighborhood, etc. about him and she grunted and said she is going to write them today and see what the heck is going on. I bet the senators/congressmen get so much flack now since they've apparently increased these in depth investigations.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beleive me, giving people a hard time is not something Cairo just started doing. There was a period they caused my husband pure hell because he was with me! I won't go into details, but there are a few that were here then that knew the situation. There are/were a couple others that had a lot of harrassment as well. Amazes me how they play everyone like we're puppets.

Olivia, it's a shame what they did to your husband. It's just not right.

Olivia, that super sucks !

I hope he gets to come home soon.

Happy (what day is it again ?) , everybody !!

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My Husband said he is willing to take the abuse. I wish it wasn't that way for any of us. Lets just pray this doesn't last longer and he comes out alive and well.

I just watched the ABC documentary on the 1992 LA Riots in my Political Violence and Revolution class and some parts had me :crying:. Now I get to write a paper on it.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I remember those. I bet Jen remembers those! We had spillover of rioting in Las Vegas. The most memorable part for me was the kids going nuts in school and then my dad had to work the riot lines and was shot, but no injury.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Wow Egypt is crazy....I never realized they put people thru so much #######.

It's so cold here today, I'm a Cali girl and I'm just not used to this weather at all! Its supposed to dip down into the 30's tonight :crying: I hope all of you guys and gals are doing well. I don't post that often but I do read everything, I'm just too lazy to type most of the time :innocent: Happy Anniversary Jenn! (F)

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow!! Olivia sorry to hear about the trouble your husband is getting. I will add you to my prayer list. It is definitley not right for them to treat him this way. Hang in there. You will be in my thoughts and prayers daily.

HAPPY TUESDAY

I called NVC today and got Wonderful News...... :dance::dance: Our Interview is February 11th 2008 :dance::dance: Our Packet 4 was mailed by the embassy today. :thumbs: So we should hear from DHL tomorrow. Although there is still a possibility that we may end up in AP after the Interview it is nice to know another step has ended. Thanks you Vj family and friends for all your support and kind words. I would not have made it this far without you.....not as a sane person anyway. :wacko::wacko: I hope this means everyone will all start moving along more quickly now.

Cheryl

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Jenn! ,

I do not think the Almighty works that way. I had been praying for Water to get out of AP heck and then one night I dreamed she posted, " FINALLY, VISA IN HAND " , and the OP was Water. It is worth a try, though. Lemme see what I can do..... :)

Can you dream that I have a body like Gisele's????????????????????

That would be MOST appreciated. :):):):)

:lol: You never know. Last night I had like 3 consecutive nightmares in a row. The last one was that I was trapped under the snow and I remember I could not breathe or scream for help or move my arms to dig myself out. When I woke up, I noticed it was snowing. :help:

Rest assured, if I had a dream about any of you ladies and it was good, I will be sure to share. :)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.