aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Benita: Thanks. I thing about it is, I don't feel stressed out. I mean, not particularly bad. We are just living life, with it's normal stresses. And it's not like we are stressing about it every month either. We are both like, if it happens it happens. We are just tired of it not happening on it's own. We feel like it has been long enough for the natural course of things to take place. Maybe we are just being to impatient. I thought for sure it would happen when Javier got home but it hasn't. We may be completely jumping the gun here. I don't know. It may happen on it's own if we just waited. Which would be much better money wise. I can only imagine how much this process could end up costing us. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. :D

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Good morning ladies. In case you couldn't tell already, we've picked a wedding date. February 17, 2007. I'm going to need lots of help to plan this one!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats MissLiss…you must be very excited. Good luck in the planning. And remember the important part about all of this isn’t how your dress looks, how the food tastes, how the flowers smell or if the guests are enjoying themselves….it is about the fact that you are marrying the person you want to spend the rest of your life with!

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

I hope you have a beautiful wedding. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Timeline

Thanks ladies! It is certainly exciting to have a date set.

I need some info now....I've started thinking it would be a good idea to get the civil (legal) ceremony done while I go visit in July. My questions are...can we do that somewhere other than where he lives (I want to spend the time in CDJ to select a venue) and do we need witnesses? I know we have to do blood tests and all that...isn't there something I need to file with Mexican immigration? Hopefully someone will know...thanks!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yay!! I am happy for you, I too plan on being wed in July, I don't know where yet but I am getting ready for it. In case we are denied I will marry him there and file I-130 but I hope everything goes well for us and we don't have to wait any longer.

MissLiss, where is your fiance from? Sorry, I know you told me but I've got ADD, remember? Anyways get your birth certificate Apostille done now. You send it to your State office and I think it is like $10, or $15 dollars and you send your original BC. They will get the apostille done and send it back to you with your bc. I got mine done last month just in case we marry in Mexico. You can look up the information of what is needed as far as the requirements, for what state in Mexico you are getting married in or search under Mexican Embassy, there is some information there.

I haven't talked to my Alberto all week, I've got so much news to tell him! I wish I could call him whenever I feel like hearing his voice but it is impossible. I have to wait till he calls me. Hearing his voice right now would really make my day!

K-1

09/14/05 sent in petition

12/20/05 case at CDJ

1/09/06 Had interview and placed on Administrative Processing/221(g) for 6 months.

07/06/06 Interview, Successful!!!

07/06/06 Fiance receives Visa and enters U.S.!

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/09/06 Mailed AOS package.

12/11/06 USCIS receives AOS package

12/14/06 NOA1

12/26/06 Rec'd Bio Letter

12/28/06 Rec'd email: Transferred to CSC!!!

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/02/07 Original Biometrics appt. (postponed)

01/05/07 Rec'd email: Case pending at CSC

01/08/07 Infopass for Biometrics *Touched*

01/09/07 Rec'd email Case transferred to CSC(again)

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/17/07 Received email case pending at CSC(again)

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

06/27/07 Letter welcoming new resident mailed!

07/02/07 Recv'd 2 yr conditional GC!

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/01/07 Rec'd at CSC, NOA1

03/01/07 mailed supporting documents to CSC

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/05/07 Rec'd Bio Letter

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/16/07 Bio Appt. *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/20/07 Rec'd approval email

03/23/07 EAD received!

Timeline

Bonnie, thanks for reminding me...my birth certificate got ripped in half-the original one! Can I get a replacement-will that work?

PS...Bonnie, is it ok if I give you a call tonight? I have a lot of stuff to tell you/ask you...

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know I have previously been asked not to post here, but just thought I would add some input.

Missliss, TO get married in Mexico you have to have permission from the Mexican Government. You have to file for permission to marry a mexican. All in all it takes about 3 weeks. With the application you have to turn in your proof of address in mexico, a copy of your passport and visa, write a letter to the immigration office stating your intent to marry, fill out the forms, pay the fee ( I think it was around 250), and maybe a few things more, that is all i remember. For the actual registro civil you have to have proof of address, your birth certificate with apostille, and also a new BC for Javier. When we went we took my husbands original, the one they gave when he was born and they said it was too old. You also have to take the papaer from the imigration office beforew they will give you a date.

oh yeah, one more thing. I think that we had wibtnesses but they were the people that wirked in the office. His family went but I dont rememvber them signing anything

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
Tabta, thanks for the info! However, I don't and won't have a Mexican address. Is there any way around that, that you know of?

Well when I took the info I brought proof of my address in the US, because none of our bills there were in my name

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Timeline

Looks like my main problem's going to be filing this form thingy...since it takes 3 weeks. I'm not going to be there for 3 weeks, just one week. Can I fax or Fed-Ex them the stuff?

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Melissa: CONGRATULATIONS on setting the date. I know you will get it all figured out in time. You can order a certified copy of your birth certificate from the vital records department of the state in which you were born. They are the ones that do the apostile, so do both at the same time. Here is the link if you were born in Maryland. Maryland Vital Statistics Make sure that you get the apostile translated into spanish. Do you already have a passport? You will need to obtain permission from the "Secretaria de Gobernacion - Oficina de Migracion" where for a fee of around US$200 you'll need to acquire a permit to marry a Mexican national. The document is known as "Permiso para contraer matrimonio con un nacional". I have attached a link to help you. This is what Alex & I were going to do, but he had not been in Mexico for so long that he did not have any valid Mexican ID's.

GOOD LUCK.

Getting Married in Mexico

Here is a new photo of Emily.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.