i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Try not to worry about it. I don't know if I ever told you, but my mom took more than 2 years to get pregnant with me! Sometimes it just takes time and patience, but fortunately with today's medicine you don't always have to wait... (F)(F)(F)

BTW, I found this really cool website...something like novias.com...and it has all the information you would need to plan a wedding in Mexico from church locations to flowers to cakes! Only problem is it's in Spanish...at least we'll have something if the time comes for that....

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, I try not to think about it. It's just I have always been really regular and I can always tell when I ovulate because my sides hurt really bad. I haven't been having any pain on my left side since before Javier came home. Since it flip-flops back and forth between both ovaries, I am not sure how long it has been. My cycle seems to be messed up this month, as this was a left side ovulation month. I don't really know if it is a big deal or if I am just making one out of it. I just thought it would be best to find out sooner than later if there is a problem. That way we can start addressing it and hopefully fix the problem. Anyway, that's what is going on so we'll see what comes of it.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

One of my best friend's uses NFP (I use FAM, the non-Catholic version), and she and her husband got pregnant on her first cycle that they were trying. It's worth looking into because you know exactly when you are the most fertile. I use the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" computer program and I really like it. FAM/NFP are also good ways of figuring out if something is wrong with your cycle (even if you ARE getting your periods) such as a too-short Luteal Phase (the fertilized egg has diminished chance of attaching before the lining is shed). Just thought I would share:)

February 28, 2004 Pedro and I began to date :)

May 24, 2005 I-129F packet sent to NSC

May 26, 2005 I-129F packet arrives at NSC

May 27, 2005 NOA1 (online)

June 3, 2005 NOA1 received by snail mail (dated May 27)

August 22, 2005 NOA2 (online)

August 25, 2005 NOA2 (snailmail)

August 25, 2005 forwarded to NVC

September 12, 2005 forwarded to Consulate (Ciudad Juarez)

October 6, 2005 Consulate says it has received our papers (email)

October 25, 2005 receive Packet 3 (in U.S.)

October 26, 2005 I leave for Juarez (interview!)

October 31, 2005 Pedro gets his visa:)

December 9, 2005 Pedro arrives

December 22, 2005 small wedding

January 30, 2006 NOA 1 receipt date (EAD, AP, AOS)

April 18, 2006 EAD, AOS Biometrics (78 days)

June 23, 2006 large wedding

June 29, 2006 AOS interview

June 30, 2006 AOS approved online

One of my best friend's uses NFP (I use FAM, the non-Catholic version), and she and her husband got pregnant on her first cycle that they were trying. It's worth looking into because you know exactly when you are the most fertile. I use the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" computer program and I really like it. FAM/NFP are also good ways of figuring out if something is wrong with your cycle (even if you ARE getting your periods) such as a too-short Luteal Phase (the fertilized egg has diminished chance of attaching before the lining is shed). Just thought I would share:)

Thanks, I will look into that. I have done the ovulation tests and everything. Like I said in my previous posts, I never had a problem with when I was ovulating because it was obvious from the pain in my sides. When we did get pregnant, it was pure accident/luck. We had not done anything differently than what we normally do. Then I miscarried and we haven't had any luck since then. It's just really aggravating not knowing what/if any problems are there. Maybe it's just not the right time for us. Thanks for the info. I will see what I can find.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Another natural family planning method called the Billings Method is also good - my husband and I have used that to avoid getting pregnant and it also helped me diagnose problems I've probably had for a long time and never had gotten attention to, which I am now addressing so we can get pregnant hopefully next year when we're ready. I definitely recommend them - good way to involve your husband and experience true intimacy. just my opinion.... :)

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"

our extended timeline

05/05 - Entered US
10/3 - Mailed I-485 and I-765
10/14 - NOA1 for AOS and I-765.
10/22 - I-485 Biometrics NOA received, appt 11/15
10/27 - Touched on both I-485 and I-765.
10/31 - I-765 Biometrics NOA dated 10/24. Appt on 11/29 at 12PM.
11/15 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 done on same day.
11/16 & 27 - Case "touched" on bcis.gov.
12/7 - EAD approval by e-mail. Card is on its way. Thank you Lord!!
12/12 - Received EAD.
1/9/06 - Applied for SSN. Received 1/17
3/30 - Got our AOS Interview notice!! Interview date 5/31
5/31/06 - Permanent residency granted! Passport stamped IR6. God is so faithful!

2/2/16 - Mailed in N-400 paperwork

2/10/16 - Received text that N-400 paperwork was received.

2/16/16 - Text that fingerprint appointment has been scheduled.

3/1/16 - Biometrics interview, Naperville, IL

3/11/16 - E-notice that case is in line for an interview

7/8/16 - Text/site updated that Interview date has been assigned

7/14/16 - Received letter dated 7/11 with interview date on 8/11
8/11/16 - Interview, given paper that said passed test but no decision can be made at this time.

10/18/16 - Received text, status online updated to say oath ceremony has been scheduled!!!!

Notice: I am not a lawyer nor legal profession; my posts on this website are just my lay opinions, formulated from my own case.

Timeline

What do you all think of the May 1 protests? I think it's a bad idea-it will backfire and not have the desired effect that they are going for! People tolerated the illegals when they kept their heads down and did the work they say they want to keep doing. Now people are starting to hate them!!! It's not good!!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Charity: I guess I just need to pray harder for you and Javier. I so want you to be pregnant as well. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well with your appointment. Maybe if you are not ovulating on the one side (that only gives you the chance to get pregnant every other month), they can give you clomid or something to jump start that other ovary. (F)(F)

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Charity, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope I will be able to concieve after my reversal, but I decided one thing at a time. First I get him over here than we do the reversal, and see what happens. The funnest part is trying?

MissLiss, yes I'm envious I guess its like when you have your hair straight you want it curly. You always want what you don't have but sometimes it is fun being different and then again sometimes it's not.

K-1

09/14/05 sent in petition

12/20/05 case at CDJ

1/09/06 Had interview and placed on Administrative Processing/221(g) for 6 months.

07/06/06 Interview, Successful!!!

07/06/06 Fiance receives Visa and enters U.S.!

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/09/06 Mailed AOS package.

12/11/06 USCIS receives AOS package

12/14/06 NOA1

12/26/06 Rec'd Bio Letter

12/28/06 Rec'd email: Transferred to CSC!!!

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/02/07 Original Biometrics appt. (postponed)

01/05/07 Rec'd email: Case pending at CSC

01/08/07 Infopass for Biometrics *Touched*

01/09/07 Rec'd email Case transferred to CSC(again)

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/17/07 Received email case pending at CSC(again)

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

06/27/07 Letter welcoming new resident mailed!

07/02/07 Recv'd 2 yr conditional GC!

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/01/07 Rec'd at CSC, NOA1

03/01/07 mailed supporting documents to CSC

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/05/07 Rec'd Bio Letter

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/16/07 Bio Appt. *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/20/07 Rec'd approval email

03/23/07 EAD received!

Timeline
Charity, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope I will be able to concieve after my reversal, but I decided one thing at a time. First I get him over here than we do the reversal, and see what happens. The funnest part is trying?

MissLiss, yes I'm envious I guess its like when you have your hair straight you want it curly. You always want what you don't have but sometimes it is fun being different and then again sometimes it's not.

Hehe, yeah I'm jealous of brown-skinned girls with long hair!!! I'm trying to grow my hair...well I don't know, Javier says he prefers white skin so I guess I should keep it that way!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Melissa: Not sure what they can accomplish in one day, and I am not sure if I am for it anyway. But if it helps with immigration reform then I hope that what these people chose to do does help. I do hope this does not hurt anyone and I wish the students would stay in school so they do not get hurt (even if it is not physical hurting, I am sure there will be some rude comments made). Didn't you say that you saw the movie "A day without Mexicans", I know it was a comedy, but what was the outcome of them being missing?

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Timeline

Benita, the outcome was that all farm work and construction, service type jobs went without workers for that day and basically nothing happened in Cali. It ended with them begging the Mexicans to come back. I don't think in all reality it will be quite that dramatic, especially with someone quoting figures to me the other day of like some 90% of individuals who fill those positions are legal.

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

There are 3 or 4 new topics in Off Topic today about this subject...all of them Mexico this and Mexico that. I really can see why Pedro left VJ, lol. I'm sticking to this forum. Also because I was called annoying by someone yesterday...

-Oscar the Grouch

Thanks again ladies. It's so nice to have such a great support system. I love you girls!

Melissa: I am not sure of what the protests will do. I have thought about it and I think it could have different affects in different areas. Around here, it could be disastrous, because people are still so ignorant. In other places where people are more accepting of things, it could turn out okay. I don't really know.

Benita: Thank you so much for praying for us. I hope it turns out to be me just getting excited over nothing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.