aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Marta: Yep, that was the interview. I thought the same thing. They really don't ask you that many questions. I was surprised. When you go back for your second interview, they only ask your husband if he was in Mexico the whole time and if he had any problems with the police. Then they tell you to wait for your visa. It's really not bad at all. It's funny how different people react to stress. You must have picked up 10 pounds of the 15 I lost. All my friends kept telling me to eat. I am down to 105. Javier's daddy asked him if I was sick. I will pick some of it back up now that Javier is home though. I know how much stress you are under. I had massive acid reflux and headaches by the time Javier came home. Then once I went to Mexico to get him they were gone. It was amazing, the stress just disappeared. I hope your journey ends soon.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Marta...at our interview they barely asked 3 questions too. The main one to my husband was, "how did you get into the US?". Well, obviuosly they knew since we had written EWI on our applications. They didn't even look at any of our proof of relationship. Miguel's second interview experience was exactly like what Charity posted. Much less stressful.

Charity...good to hear your acid reflux and headaches are gone. Hope it stays that way! :yes:

have a good day all.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Good morning everyone. It was a weird evening yesterday. Someone from my job got fired. It was a complete surprise. I hope everyone has a good day.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Hola chicas!

I had to go to a play that my son was in yesterday. It was E-I-E-I-Oops! here is a pic. He was Old McDonald!

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Elvia: He is a handsome young man. He's looking very nice in his country clothes. It's funny, those clothes are pretty common around here. A lot of the older people around here wear that stuff. You wouldn't think the farmer look was in, but around here it never went out. :huh:

Timeline

Elvia...awww what a cutie!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry that I did not get out here and post yesterday. Stupid car problems, $230 to fix a harmonic balancer. It took them all day to get the part and only about 15 minutes to put it into the van. So I felt like I was in Mexico, I walked all over, getting stuff done while I was waiting, I went up to pay the car registration (it was due in January, but I forgot). Then to the bank for money and to ask about adding Alex to the bank account. I had to tell them that he does not need a SS# to be added, they had to look it up on the computer. I did not have him with me or we could have done that as well.

So here is the scoop. Unfortunately we did not know that the passport he had was fine to use, even though it expires July 12, 2006. So on Wednesday morning at 5:45 we set out to get him a new 5 yr passport. His parents did not get his birth certificate until he was about 6 years old. This is a problem when you try to use it for anything, they want additional stuff. Well we had his school papers with his photo and his Metricular Consular and his passport. But they need 2 things off their list of 3 items, 2 of which we could not provide, as his parents were married in a church but never had the cival ceremony so there is no marriage licence for them and he does not have an older brother to provide that birth certificate. So pretty much we were screwed. He told me that he would have made his parents get a marriage certificate if he knew and that he is going to call to make them do it anyway. Then he is going to have them get certified copies of every other paper they have and mail them to us for anything we may need in the future. Needless to say we did not get a new passport.

We went to the consulate and ask at the information window about the passport, they said it was fine. Then asked about the fee, if we needed to pay it again and she said yes. So off we went to Banamex to pay and it had gone up from $100 to $110. That is how we ended our Wednesday. Besides doing laundry of course. :devil:

Thursday was a vacation day, since we did not need to pickup the passport. By the way everyone else got their passport the same day. So if anyone else going to CDJ has to get a passport you do not need to plan on it taking 2 days, you get it the same day you apply, it just takes a while.

Friday -----Appointment Day------

5:40AM Arrived at the consulate, there were already about 50 people in the line.

8:30AM Finally we got in, they were not going to let me, but Alex told a fib (said he could not read or write and that I needed to be there with him).

8:50AM Sit in chairs outside of bldg C (it was so cold).

11:30AM They called his name to report to window #1 (windows 1-13 are in bldg C and 13-35 are in bldg B) She looked over his papers, asked what he was told to bring and then took his passport and the bank receipt. Told him to sit and wait to be called to window #9.

11:48AM Called to window #9 for digital fingerprinting, both index fingers. Told to go wait outside of building B.

2:00PM We went into bldg B to see if we could find a seat, rather than sit outside. We found that the inside was as packed as the outside.

3:00PM Called to window #16 , he asked Alex if he had been in Mexico the entire time, had he had any problems with the law and then said it was approved. Asked if I was the petitioner and I said yes. He then asked why we did not have the I-130 sent to CDJ. I said it was our lawyers fault, that I did not know we should have done that and our lawyer did not bother to tell us. He was furious, he said "you know that means that you will have to file the AOS and for work!" I explained that I knew and he said OK, sit down and we will call you when the Visa is ready to be picked up.

4:45PM We went up and asked how much longer, we were afraid it was going to be closing and we would not get it. They said they had a problem with the printer, that it would be a little longer.

5:15PM Called to window #31 to pickup, reviewed to make sure all the info was correct then we headed out the door. :dance::dance::dance:

We got our bags from the hotel, ate at El Torro Bronco on the Avenues de Americas and then got a taxi to the border. We had a very knowledgeable taxi driver who told us where to stand in line, but we asked one of the border agents and she had us move to another line. Probably the one Charity had to stand in. Our taxi driver came back and asked why we moved and we told him that we were told to. He had us ask again and we were told we were in the right line the first time. K-3 evidently enters in a different line than the other visas. Finally got through and back into the cab. He took us to MicoTel motel right by the airport and we crashed. Up at 3:30 for the 5:45 flight and back in Louisville at 7PM on Saturday night.

By the way, as far as I know there is no real "interview", no personal questions like what color is Benita's toothbrush, what did you have for dinner last night, etc....

I know it is pretty legnthy, but I did not want to forget anything.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning to all you ladies!

Charity---Please take back your 10 lbs.Because I feel like a blow fish about to explode any minute.

I usually get migranes but I"ve gotten used to them----it's the tension headaches that are killing me!!That along with the sleepless nights.I usually get around 3-4 hours sleep.If that, because by the time I eventually fall asleep"Joshua"wakes up.I can set my alarm by him! :yes:

He wakes at 2 a.m. then at 5:30-6:00 and I am up by 6:30. :hehe:

Man all that candy made me sicker than a dog !

Edgar called me last night and we talked for about 1-2 hours.He sounded so tired :( I don"t blame him,I get tired of driving 22 miles to get groceries once a month!!

I can't imagine driving around in a taxi 16-18 hours a day.It's amazing how long they have to work to get in a day what we make in a couple of hours.

I drove to El Paso ( a 10 hour drive) for his 129 interview and I tell you my hiny was numb for a couple of days. :yes: GOD it's so good to hear his voice I wish I could smell him.He always smells so good!And his eyes are soo...so ...intense..I mean when he looks at me I feel like he can see deep inside my soul.UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!

Do I love this guy or what? (L)(L)(L)

See you all throughout the day.I will be popping in .Have to do some things around the home.Sweeping ,mopping,laundry (the regular kind) :angry: But I'll be here keeping up with you guys.Trying to kill some time til 2:00 p.m.

Then I am gonna burn the phone lines.

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone.... :D

Happy to see you guys made it back Benita...How is everyone doing??He still does not have is SS card.He went to the office and they said it would be 7 more days before he received it.So he will get it soon.Did my taxes and paid all the utilities up to $0 balance.....which was such a big relief.Paid my car payment early this month,so we are good right now financially......Lupe will go back to work as soon as the card arrives...he has a position open for him but they just need the number.Melissa I hope you receive good news from the Advisory Opinion....I just know Javier will get to come home.Hang in there Marta you will be reunited soon with your husband....God bless everyone and have a great day...I will be in and out today...gotta catch up on some work...this is for all the Homeskillets... (F)(F)(F)

Benita: Alex's visa looks almost the same as Javier's except for the extra paper about the K-3. So glad things went so well for you, but sorry to hear about your car. That stinks.

Marta: I really don't want those pounds back. I like my new look. You will lose it all when Edgar gets home, all that laundry will work it off. :devil: You sound just like me about Javier. I absolutely love the way he smells. It's not his aftershave, cologne, or anything. It's just his smell. It is wonderful. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer to smell him again. :D

Timeline

Chaga,congratulations !!!!!!I am so happy for you.

So your 130 had not been sent to cdj?Is it still at nvc or what?I was going to pay $450.00 to my lawyaer to have it sent to cdj but I was afraid it wouldn't get there in time before our waiver results.So you just got the CR /IR1 or what.I don.t have any clue.My mind is so crammed with so many other things.The K-3 is for fiance visa right?Anyway I decided to just keep with the 129 then do the rest here.Didn't you pay the $100.00 when you had your first interview?Or do they charge you again?I need to know how much mooooollaaaaa we will probably need when we go back.

Once again congrats.And Best Wishes for a happy future.

My Timeline----

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Marta,

We interviewed for the I-129 and got the K-3 visa. This was because our lawyer did not tell us or recommend that the I-130 be processed in the NVC and sent to CDJ.

Yes we had to pay the fee again, only this time it had gone up to $110.

Is there anyway for you to find out how long it would take to be processed and arrive in CDJ? If it could get there before your interview then he would come in and already have the Perminent residency and have permission to work.

Benita

Chaga,congratulations !!!!!!I am so happy for you.

So your 130 had not been sent to cdj?Is it still at nvc or what?I was going to pay $450.00 to my lawyaer to have it sent to cdj but I was afraid it wouldn't get there in time before our waiver results.So you just got the CR /IR1 or what.I don.t have any clue.My mind is so crammed with so many other things.The K-3 is for fiance visa right?Anyway I decided to just keep with the 129 then do the rest here.Didn't you pay the $100.00 when you had your first interview?Or do they charge you again?I need to know how much mooooollaaaaa we will probably need when we go back.

Once again congrats.And Best Wishes for a happy future.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Timeline

I called nvc to ask how long it would take for it to get to cdj ,they said it depends when $ is sent in along with other docs.Since we hit the 4 month mark on our waiver I was afraid to try to get it sent in because if it didn't get there in time I would have to pay for it all over again.I was just wondering if it would be a big issue, not sending it in.

I wonder how long it will take to adjust once he is home.?

My Timeline----

Timeline

YAY Benita!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the very detailed account!! You must feel so relieved to have everyone back home together! Emily must be ecstatic. How soon can you begin the AOS? Do you have to wait a certain period of days or can you start ASAP? I hope it won’t take to long to do that…oh and chew out your lawyer for not advising you correctly.

Take care and glad you made it through without any problems. :luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.