aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I don't know if you said it right or not but it makes sense to me. If his dad is so concerned about it he needs to handle it and not put it on Javier's shoulders. We have enough issues as it is. Plus he actually had the nerve to ask us for money for the not to mention thing. #######?!? I don't think so. Javier already committed us to giving $500 for his sister's party. Not to mention the money we will have to spend to go down there and everything.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Great point Elvia. And resentment is icky and hard to overcome.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Well the not to mention thing could be your strongest point. Maybe by pointing that out you can get him to SERIOUSLY think long and hard about it. You can also point out like Stephanie said that you are his family now and that any fruit of your guys love will come first and foremost in front of ANYONE!!!

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Elvia: Very good point. I also think the not to mention thing is my strongest point. I will just have to use it till I run it in the ground. My parents don't exactly think it is a very good idea either. Maybe I could get them to mention it to Javier. He really respects them and I think he would value what they say.

Timeline

So true, the not to mention thing could have serious consequences on his current situation. It is soooooo not worth it to have it all potentially lost because of someone else. You worked too hard to get him here, we want to KEEP him here.

So true, the not to mention thing could have serious consequences on his current situation. It is soooooo not worth it to have it all potentially lost because of someone else. You worked too hard to get him here, we want to KEEP him here.

:yes: Jaime will just have to :crying: all the way to mexico..... :lol:

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Exactly my point. I told him I would never forgive him if something happened because of Jaime. I just can't believe Javier would want to risk it. He really wants his family here. He talks about it all the time. I know him and Jaime got really close while he was there but it's just a no brainer for me. It's not worth it. I know it would be hard for me to be away from my family and not know when I was going to get to see them again. I know it is hard for him. I just don't think Javier thinks the consequences are as bad as they could be. I think he thinks nothing bad would happen. I have tried to explain it. He just doesn't understand. Maybe that is where I need to start. Maybe I need to start with trying to explain the consequences first, then go from there.

Timeline

Also point out that in a few years when he has citizenship he can file for his family too. Miguel got pretty close with his brothers again when he was in Mexico and we just try to point out that thanks to his status now, we’ll be able to go and visit whenever we can (well, depending on $$ of course) but that things are in such a better state because of all we have sacrificed. I imagine no one in Javier’s family (mom, sister, etc) would want him to jeopardize that and not have him return home for years at a time.

Another excellent point Stephanie!!

so.. when are you and Miguel planning on going to Mexico? (don't want to change the subject.... I just thought I'd ask) :P

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Stephanie: That is a good point. I don't think they understand what a big sacrifice it was for us to do this. The whole time Javier was down there they kept asking about money and wanting him to pay for things. I think they think because we are here we have it made. I will remind him about bringing his family here after he gets his citizenship. The other side to this story is, I want his sister to come live with us because I think it would be a better life for her. But, according to his father, that is out of the question. He can bum his son off on us but not his daughter. It's just really aggravating.

So yeah, Stephanie, when are you going to visit? We will be down there Dec. 15th thru 23rd. What town is Miguel from? I don't think it is to awfully far from Huauchinango.

Oh I almost forgot. I love you guys! Thank you so much for your help. As always, it's nice to know we have someone to talk to about these issues. :luv:

Timeline

The plan is at end of November. That is when his seasonal job ends. He thinks he will drive a truck down for his father (which is a whole OTHER topic for another day…because that sounds like such a bad idea to me…especially since he started nodding off when we drove to Chicago for his passport after 20 minutes. We are NOT a roadtrippen’ couple) and then fly back. I plan to just fly. I hate roadtrips. My butt always hurts from sitting too long. I need to put charmin in there like the commercials of the little kids putting toilet paper padding in their pants. :lol:

That's a hilarious picture! :lol::lol: I love road trips. I am really upset we aren't going to be able to drive. It's just not a good time of the year. We will have to drive when we know we won't get caught in a snow storm or anything. I wouldn't want him to drive either if he can't stay awake. That could be a bad thing. Maybe you can talk him out of it.

Road trip! road trip! I will be in Mexico when you guys go..... SO maybe just maybe we can find somewhere and meet?

Maybe you can get one of those donuts that are used after surgery :lol::lol:

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Elvia: That's the best idea I have heard yet. Huauchinango is way down there though. Isn't Zacatecas closer to the top of the country? We will be renting a car while we are there though. Maybe we could still meet half-way. Too bad Stephanie and I aren't going at the same time.

Timeline

We totally need to meet someday. Tell me when and where and I’ll arrive by plane and you two can drive. :lol:

Luv ya too. And when the truck issue comes up (if it does, I am slightly skeptical that everyone but us will pull the $$ together) I’ll be looking to you guys for ammo on “why this is a crazy idea to drive a truck from Mpls to Mexico in the winter”. We all got to stick together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.