aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ashley: That is great news!!!! I am so happy for her. I am glad this is finally over for her. I know she had a long hard journey. Hopefully things will only get better for her now. :dance::dance::dance:

So you go solo sometime in April. That sounds good. I hope things turn out okay for you too. It will probably be tough to begin with but you can do it. I would love to be able to do something on my own and not have to be so tied down to a job. I get restless in jobs. I would like to change jobs about every two to three years. I get tired of doing the same thing over and over again.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey girlies! Well we have a mess here. It snowed a couple of inches yesterday and then started freezing raining. I don't mind the snow it's the ice that bothers me. The trees are all covered in it. Thank goodness it's not quite cold enough for the roads to be bad. Unfortunately, that means I am here at work instead of home in the bed. Not so bad I don't guess, I didn't need to use my time. So we have started spring out with a bang. :lol: Hopefully it will be more springlike next week.

Hope you all have a great day! :D

Hola girl! yeah so we had a low of 32 and will have a high of 51.... so much for spring.... although I am glad it did not snow!

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Well my few inches compared to Stephanie's 10 they had the other day doesn't really compare. It's still aggravating to have it when it's supposed to be warm outside.

What have you been up to lately? How is your hand?

It is still a pain in the @ss though!! I mean I would right about now like to be wearing capris and flip flops like you said before. I want to be able to wear summer clothing and not having to put a sweater on. Oh well so much for mother nature listening to me! or anyone for that matter.

I went to get my medical records and am gathering all that information for my HSL. I also have been pondering the idea of living in Mexico while we wait. Raul refuses the idea though.

Edited to add.... forgot you asked about my hand..... Well the cast and stuff only lasted 1 week.. and I threw it out because I couldn't do anything.....

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

You threw it out?!? Is your hand okay without it? I hope it doesn't get worse.

Why doesn't Raul want you to move to Mexico? I told Javier I would have moved if I could have. I really like Huauchinango. Then after his little stunt he pulled I really do wish I had moved down there. Well that's water under the bridge now. Can't go back in time and redo anything.

Well if you need any help with your research or whatever just let me know.

You threw it out?!? Is your hand okay without it? I hope it doesn't get worse.

Why doesn't Raul want you to move to Mexico? I told Javier I would have moved if I could have. I really like Huauchinango. Then after his little stunt he pulled I really do wish I had moved down there. Well that's water under the bridge now. Can't go back in time and redo anything.

Well if you need any help with your research or whatever just let me know.

yup :yes: it's off... Nothing to help my hand or anything for that matter..... It has been hurting at night but I just try and ease the pain with massages.... :lol:

Well Raul is just a LEO!!! very very stubborn and full of pride. He is afraid that Dante and I would not be able to adapt :(

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

If I can adapt, anyone can adapt. I don't know where you would be but Huauchinango doesn't have anything Americanized. If I could have stood to live there for 6 months, I think anyone could live in Mexico for 6 months. I think the hardest thing for me would have been not having running water, but I could have managed. Where would you be going in Mexico?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone.

Alex had his fingerprinting for the Employment Authorization Card and Adjustment of Status this morning. Then he had his stitches cut out. Now I am back at work, sucks. Especially considering the night we had.

I am not everyone's mother and I did not sign up to be everyone's mother. Yet, everytime someone is sick or needs something read they come to me. I am getting fed up with it. I just want to be left alone. Everytime this happens then there becomes issues with Alex and I. I just know if we were left alone none of these problems would happen.

So here is the story. Last night Alex's brother gets off work, he does not have to work today, so he is going to come stay the night with us. Alex went to pick him up and when they got back Emily and I were in bed, it was about 10pm, but I have had terrible sinus problems and just wanted to sleep. Alex comes bursting into the bedroom, flips of the lights and tells me that his brother is having terrible stomach pains. I have to get out of bed to check his brother. This has given Emily permission to get up and run around. All heck is breaking lose. His brother is holding his stomach crying in pain. But it is his entire stomach, not like appendix problems. He tells us that he thinks the guy he worked with must have put something in his drink. I am doubting this and actually am having a hard time believing this show he is putting on. (He is used to getting his way and he is a real momma's boy). So Alex says we need to take him to the hospital. We get into the van and start down the road. Well the complaining stops, I tell Alex that I think his is faking and that the hospital is going to cost a lot of money, I think we should stop and buy some Mylanta. So we stop and get this and head back home. We no longer get into the apartment then he is doing it again. SO back into the van and to the ER. Where after being triaged we sit until 2AM, at which point I tell Alex that how can someone who is supposedly in so much pain sit in a waiting room chair and sleep.

THis made me mad because Emily was still running around. We had to be downtown this morning at 9am for Alex finger printing and his brother gets to sleep all day. First I get in trouble because I go to an ER that is busy, and why couldn't I pick somewhere that could see him immediately. It is not like this in Mexico!!!! So our anniversary starts out very badly, with Alex mad at me and me frustrated at the fact that I am having to take care of someone who should not be my responsibility anyway. Alex and I end up working it out before we went to sleep at about 3:30, (I made his brother leave AMA from the hospital).

Sorry about venting, hope you guys don't have to do anything like this EVER.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Benita: I am so sorry this happened. Javier depends on me to do this stuff with his family too. I really hope things are okay. I don't want you to have a bad anniversary because of this. You should be enjoying each other and not mad at each other. I know it is very aggravating. I don't mind your ranting because I have done it myself. I am just glad we have each other to rant at.

I am glad Alex got everything taken care of this morning. Do you know how long the rest of the process will take? Does he have a job to go to when he gets his EAD or is he still looking for something?

Benita..... I totally know how you feel...... (F)

This is the sole reason I moved about an hour away from his family. Now this is just me and I do not (or have ever) doubted you are a good person. (much better human than I) for sure.... :P

I got to the point where I do not answer any of their calls. Now my husband is really not attached to them either so it makes it really easy when it happens because I don't catch any grief. I am sorry this is happening to you and I tell you from the bottom of my heart that you will have to put your foot down and just say NO. Well maybe not to us! :P but to them! PS.... rant away!

Charity.... My husband is from Zacatecas. It is full of tourists and has an awesome hotel called Quinta Real

Quinta Real

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Elvia: That hotel is awesome! I thought the one we stayed at in Huauchinango was nice. That one blows it out of the water. I don't think I would have any trouble adjusting if I were staying there. If it is real touristy I don't see why you would have any issues. It's like I said, Huauchinango doesn't have anything touristy or Americanized and I could have handled it. I think it would be awesome to go there for 6 months. I wish I could have had the opportunity to do it.

Timeline

I am glad you don't mind my ranting. I wish they lived farther away as well.

I am going to write a Soap Opera "Life with a Mexican". :P Bet there are a lot that could relate.

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

How true. I know we could all add some things to it. It still amazes me how different the two cultures can be. And that we make it work the way we do. I know there are a lot of things that get on my nerves about Javier but I would not trade him for anything. I know you feel the same way about Alex. :luv:

Timeline

Very true.

Elvia: That hotel is beautiful. Will you be staying in the Presidential suite for the six months that you are going to be in Mexico??? :D If you are, please make sure to send plane tickets to the rest of us so that we can come and visit you. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.