aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Marta: I don't really think it is an option to go get the visa when ever you want to. If that were the case they would have people showing up at all times. That just wouldn't be very productive. I am pretty sure you have to have an appointment to go back and pick it up. First of all, they don't even have the visa made yet. They make it after you are interviewed the second time. If people just showed up to get the visa it would be more of a mad house in there than it already is. Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope things get better with him. Also, good luck on talking to your sister. I hope things go okay with that. I coudn't imagine having to tell someone something like that. You will be in my thoughts.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Marta you probally could get a dr. note and fax it telling them the situation w/ you dad and then call them and ask if they could move the appt forward.

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE...... I had a good weekend. Meaning nothing got broke. HAHA

No really it was pretty good. Except that Alex said it was ok for 2 of his cousins to move in with us until they get an apartment (no telling how long that will be). And you thought 3 of us in a 1 bedroom apartment was tight. I know they are used to this, but I am not and I get really aggrivated at the fact that they act like they run the place now. Sitting all over the sofa and I don't know if you have experienced this before, but if one of them is in a better spot and that person gets up say to go to the bathroom someone else jumps into that spot. How rude is that?

So now even if I had time between all the extra cooking, dishes and laundry I can not sit on the sofa with my husband. We usually end up in 2 of the chairs..not that they are not comfortable, it is just that they do not seem to care.

I have decided that I am not going to tiptoe around them. This morning I turned on all the lights and made all the noise I could because they disrespect me I am going to do the same to them. Maybe they will get the hint. (They stay up late watching TV and talking loudly, because they don't have to get up early for their job.) So I will make it a little hard on them to sleep in the mornings.

I am sure that we are going to take the 2 bedroom townhouse. I have lived in this exact one before with my best friend, so I know the layout. Alex will just have to approve. I figure this way, Emily and I can go to sleep upstairs and we shouldn't be bothered with a loud TV. There is a storage area that runs the legnth of the apartment and it is about 6 feet wide so I think that I can finish it to make it Emily's room, so that she will not be downstairs by herself.

But other than that the weekend went really well.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Benita: I know what you mean about the disrespect. The few times I stayed at Javier's house, they stayed up till all hours of the night. They make all kinds of noise. And the sitting on the sofa thing is so true. If one gets up, the other jumps in his spot. It's like children. So silly. I am sorry you have to put up with this stuff. I would do the same thing as you, I would make as much noise as I could. Maybe they will get the hint. And what's with Alex telling them they could stay without talking to you first. I would kill Javier. He at least asked me if his brother could live with us, which I promptly said no too. :lol::lol: Maybe he should have just moved him in. :lol:

We had a pretty good weekend too. We are completely broke but we enjoyed ourselves anyway. It was really nice weather here so we got outside a little. So much for the nice weather though, it's supposed to be 45 tomorrow. After the nice 68 it's supposed to get up to today. Why can't it just be warm?

Timeline

Man not much conversation going on latelY???????? So how is everyone? MPLS did you notice alicia got her approval finally after 9 months?? I hope diane gets hers now. I am quitting my job at the end of this month. I finally got my medwaiver certification so that I can become like a home health aid only self employed! I hope it works out. I am nervous but my hubby is more nervous than I. He says what if......... you know! We are doing wonderful lately. I sat down and talked to him about 3 weeks ago and we discussed much of our differences and he has been alot more caring lately! Dont give up charity I think it takes a while to get them back to the US spiritually lol.... My brother in law lives w/ us too but he is actually a help. he does cook most of the time and even cleans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They only thing is sometimes he makes comments like he is hitting on me but then when I say something to him. like dont do that or dont say that he acts like im nuts. But oh well I have been around him for five years and he doesnt scare me!

married May 31 2003

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

que sera sera

Ashley: It is a little slow these days. I think everyone must be busy. Too bad I'm not. Glad things are going okay with you and Tacho. I also think it just takes a while for them to get back in the groove once they get home. I hope things work out with your new adventure in your job. That sounds good. I would love to be self employed. I think I would get in trouble though because I would never want to actually work. :lol: Keep that brother in law of yours in line. :D

Timeline

O.k. I just got to work! Why you may ask?? Because it snowed like 8 inches last night. It is absolutely crazy here. My car was buried from the plows (have to park on the street) and I couldn’t find a shovel in the apt building. I have no idea where the landlords keep it. So needless to say it took forever and a day to get here and I literally live 5 miles from downtown mpls where I work. I am totally leaving early too….I’ll go crazy dealing with rush hour.

Yeah Ashley…I saw Alicia’s approval! Isn’t that awesome. Your friend is next.

o.k. take care all.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Stephanie: What!?! I can't believe it snowed that much last night. It is in the 60's here today. Not for long though. Well glad you finally got to work and that you got there safely. Have a good day and don't work to hard. Be careful on your way home.

Timeline

Don’t think I will work too hard. There are 4 people here. I should of stayed home….except I was getting bored. We only have 4 tv channels and I have seen all of our movies twelve trillion times. Only can stare at white walls for so long………….

So I traded the white walls at home for the white walls here!! Ha, ha.

Take care guys!!

I know what you mean. It is spring break this week so the kids aren't here. I have been cruising the internet and reading a book. I am about bored to death. I did all my catch up work this morning so now I literally have nothing to do. I have looked at everything on the net I can think of looking at. I don't know what else to do. My head is starting to hurt from reading my book. So now I am just sitting here. I wish I had some vacation time so I could take a few days off. I have things I could do. You take care too.

Timeline

So Javier’s b-day is tomorrow eh? Well give him a big HAPPY B-DAY from us here. I hope you guys have lots of fun.

I have finally admitted to myself that we are going through an adjustment phase since he has been back. We totally fell into place when he got back but things are definitely different. Thanks INS. No worries about us ending it but it is almost like we need to get used to living together again. Funny how it took 2 months into him being back that we’ve realized this.

I kinda don’t know what to do with myself. Three years of immigration and now it is done. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad we don’t have to deal with immigration anymore but it is weird not to have something to stress over or look forward to its end. I don’t know if what I am saying sounds crazy, but I feel kinda lost.

I know exactly what you mean. Of course we aren't finished with it. We still have to remove conditions but it is weird. I have found myself saying I wish we had never done this. I wish he had never gone back to Mexico. I know it is all for the best but it's really like they set us back a good while, more than six months. It just aggravates me.

Actually Javier's birthday is Wednesday. The ticker is off. I don't know why because I put in March 15th as the date. Beats me.

It is nice to know we aren't the only ones going through this weird re-connecting phase.

Timeline

Yeah, I think calling it a “weird re-connecting phase” is perfect. I mean it isn’t like either one of us is done with the relationship but we kinda need to relearn it again.

And he is still very interested in the goings on in Mexico, which while understandable is sometimes irritating. I mean I know there must be loads of gossip but honestly keeping up with it is hard to do out of country. I wonder if he feels weird to be back, like how they must of felt when they got here the first time. Kind of out of sorts.

I said we needed a weekend away. Unfortunately there isn’t much outside of Minneapolis for a while. I mean staying at a hotel in the suburbs would kind of be dumb. So maybe we’ll get a hotel in the city and pretend we are in a different city. I don’t know, but I do think we need to get out of the apartment a bit. It is driving us to new levels of crazy.

Also this end of winter wanting to be spring season sucks. We’ve all got spring fever and I know we shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves for feeling down but MAN! am I ready to run in the sun with flip-flops on!

Timeline

Yeah I think we are all going through it. My friend Diane said she will not cause they were doing so good before , but i have tried to tell her I hope shes right but I dont believe it. Its hard if your like me during ins i lived , breathed , dreamed INS but now that its over its like okay where is INS???

We are going to Liki Tiki Village in Orlando at the end of the month. They have this onsite water park at the condo that my friend owns time share at. The park is free as long as she calls and tells the guards our names so we are going to go spend a day there. Our 3 year anniversary is in two months I so hope we have time to celebrate it this year!

its hot here in florida I actually have on my flip flops and my a/c

married May 31 2003

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

que sera sera

Hola muchachas....

I am home and it is sunny and warm outside... I just did not feel like going to work today. I was thinking, I could just lay outside and read a book or do something, then my brother paid me a visit and ruined it all. I had to come inside and visit with him. Good thing is that they (brothers girlfriend and him) had to leave right away so they could go to a cookout. So I went back outside and caught some rays :lol:

Well anyway regarding the re-connection phase, What is it that you guys are experiencing? I am very curious about this??? and my inquiring mind wants to be prepared

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.