i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Melissa, I wanted to post this here so you wouldn't miss it. I hope you have a great trip! Stay safe and enjoy your reunion!

(F)

Awww, thank you!! I'm sure we'll have a great time!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

hey I just recieved my approval letter from Mr.Janssen DATED FEB.9,2006!!

And I just called about a week and a half ago and they told me nothing was decided yet.

So I am slapping myself silly with it.

Finally now I believe it. :D

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hola chicas! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Too bad it had to end. Just an update on Melissa: She got to Guadalajara on Saturday. Javier picked her up at the airport. They are having a great time and have a lot planned for the week. They are going on a tequila tour. I am so jealous. I would love to do that. I will try to keep you all posted on her trip. I know she is having a blast but I feel for her having to come home on Sunday without him. We all know how she will feel.

Benita: I think Javier and I may drive to Mexico on December. I was wondering exactly where you went and how long it took you to get there? Is it realistic for us to think we can make it from NC to Huauchinango in a day and half, basically? We would leave here on Thursday around 12 or 1 and go as far as we could go by 10 or so. Then get up early on Friday morning and go the rest of the way. Any suggestions or information you have is welcomed. Thanks!

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

Goodmorning.

Ok

I just recieved my appointment letter from cdj.Here is what it says.

This office is ready to begin final processing of the visa for the applicant(s) named below in this case.We have scheduled and appointment for a visa interview in the Immigrant Visa section on the date printed below.This letter must be presented upon your arrival at this office on the appointment date.

Please see the enclosed information for further instruction about the medical examination required for all intending immigrants.Be sure to read all of the enclosed information and follow the instructions very carefully.When communicating with this office either by phone or letter,please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

sincerely.Chief,Immigrant Visa Branch

Visa Appointment

27-March-2006 07:30

case #

Name *****

Traveling applicants:

(P)

Preference category:K3 -Mex

Encl: Packet 4

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok my question is.

He already did the medical examination when we went for his initial interview.Will he need to do another one?

Will we have to pay the $100.00 visa bill to Banamex again.?

And is there another interview for this again?

Will we be denied again?

And what is this packet 4?

There was nothing else included in this letter ,we already turned in all docs.when we went for the first interview.

Or is this like someone mentioned where they ask him if he has been in Mex.the whole time and if he has tried to cross again.?

Did any of you get this same letter?

My Timeline----

Marta: We got the same letter. It is just a simple form letter they send out for everyone. They don't have one just for return appointments. Our letter said there was an enclosure but we only received the letter also. You should not have to have another medical since the one he had should have been good for a year. You may need to pay the fee again. You shouldn't have to but we did because the lady we got was an idiot and told us we either had to pay it or come back the next day. Well that didn't give us much choice. You will not be denied again. You are just going to pick up the visa. You will not have another interview. They will ask Edgar if he has been in Mexico the entire time and if he has had any problems with the police. That should be it. Plan on being there all day. I don't know why it takes so long but it does.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Marta- I think all of us have asked these questions. It is a form letter, so NO you do not have to do everything they say.

If his medical exam has not expired then NO, you do not need to do that again. (It is good for 1 year from the time it was done).

Payment to Banamex, YES you will have to pay the fee again. We asked at the information window before we paid it just to make sure that we needed to do it again. And according to Banamex it is now $110. They did ask for this receipt at the first building ©.

NO he can not be denied at this interview. It is basically to pickup the visa. They will just ask him a few questions, has he been in Mexico the entire time, has he done anything illegal while there.

Mostly you just WAIT, WAIT, WAIT........Then finally you get the visa. I am not sure if you are going, but if you are bring food and drinks. I know Charity did not have a problem getting in, but they were not going to let me in. So Alex told them he did not read or write and that I needed to be there for him. This got me in.

GOOD LUCK. :dance:

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Timeline

Thank you so much.

Why do they have to make evrything so confusing?

(F)(F) Have I told you'll how much I appreciate your kindness and help.

Well I do , (F)(F)

I will never forget you guys !!!

God Bless

My Timeline----

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Charity --- YOU are toooo fast. We both answered Marta, with almost the same information.

I will get back with you on the travel by car as soon as I get a moment.

Marta, Since his appointment is Monday morning. He needs to pay the Banamex fee on Friday, I believe you can do it at any Banamex. I forgot which city he is living in, but if he has to travel to CDJ it would save you some money if he did not have to get to CDJ on Friday.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hola chicas.

Glad Melissa made it o.k.!!

Marta....way cool on getting the letters and I "third" what the other chicas told you. Form letter, no interview, just a few questions as to if he stayed in Mexico the whole time. Easy stuff this time. The worst part is the waiting but Miguel said it was much easier to tolerate this time because he knew he was coming HOME!! Which is where Edgar will be in oh....say.....28 fricken days. So happy for ya.

My weekend sucked. But things are looking up now. Life isn't easy, is it?

take care ya'll! ;)

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Hola muchachas! How are you doing this freakin Monday morning.

I too am glad Melissa is doing okay. Tell her we said hi! :P

Marta... yay on the letter!!

Benita, Charity, Stephanie.... Any baby news? :lol::lol:

Stephanie... why did your weekend suck? what happened?

Hola chicas! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Too bad it had to end. Just an update on Melissa: She got to Guadalajara on Saturday. Javier picked her up at the airport. They are having a great time and have a lot planned for the week. They are going on a tequila tour. I am so jealous. I would love to do that. I will try to keep you all posted on her trip. I know she is having a blast but I feel for her having to come home on Sunday without him. We all know how she will feel.

Benita: I think Javier and I may drive to Mexico on December. I was wondering exactly where you went and how long it took you to get there? Is it realistic for us to think we can make it from NC to Huauchinango in a day and half, basically? We would leave here on Thursday around 12 or 1 and go as far as we could go by 10 or so. Then get up early on Friday morning and go the rest of the way. Any suggestions or information you have is welcomed. Thanks!

You brave soul! :yes:

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Drama. My family is Ca---rrraaazzzyyy!!!!!!!!

Did you like G.A. last night? I am bummed because I don’t think it’ll be on next week due to the academy awards.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Timeline

Edgar is from Mexico City Iztapalapa.

Wonder if we could pay it there/

My Timeline----

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.