i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Then most important thing is for Edgar to come home.Everthing else will come later.

Now I am just afraid to call CDJ to check on our waiver :( .You would think that they would put up an on-line case status for waivers like they do for other petitions.That way we could check there instead of calling.

But they probably get a percent of the money it cost to call their #. :angry: I mean they charge you for everthing else and then some.

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Okay girls, My friend diane called dhs yesterday and asked to speak with mr. jannsen . They refused. She told them that her file was on his desk and she needed to speak with them and the woman told her that she did not have the RIGHT to speak with him. She told the lady she did have the right that he was holding a public position and she was a us citizen and the woman still refused! The lady told her that the waivers were going in chronological order and mr jannsen was a very busy man and did not have time to talk to angry spouses. Diane then told her that they werent in order because she was from july and that someone from august had already there appt. The lady told her it was based on how long the illegal was in us and the results from fbi and fingerprints. dIANE THEN TOLD HER she had spoken to a congressman and that claudio had already been cleared. the lady said you should recieve notice around may!

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

Timeline

Ashley...sorry to hear what Diane is going through. It doesn't seem fair. I am hoping everything works out and soon! Keep us posted.

Benita... GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning everyone!

Well today marks the 4th month since cdj entered our waiver into system.And 4 months since dhs entered waiver into system (Nov.1,2005)

But I am afraid to call and check on it. :(

I desperately want to check but I can't get my fingers to dial the number.

I know that all waivers aren't approved within a 4 month mark.

But I noticed that most of you found out within that timeframe.Should I wait til next week?Should I call now?

EEny meeny miney moe......... :unsure:

Have a fantastic Friday !!!!!!

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

Timeline

Candy...yeah!!!!!!!! Hopefully any day now his number will be arriving in the mail!! My husband is still job hunting...seemed like it was easier when he didn't have status :blink: Maybe he is more picky now. He has a great seasonal job that starts every April and is exactly what he loves to do....but just to get to April is hard.

Charity...when can you send in an application to remove conditions? Is is 90 days before your 2nd year wedding anniversary or is it 90 days before his 2 year greencard expires? Just curious.

Marta...if you call, good luck. My friend turned hers in CDJ at the end of October but DHS said it wasn't entered into the system until the end of November. She plans on calling at the beginning of March. It is hard to guesstimate which date they go by and if they are behind. Whatever you choose, don't let them ruin your weekend!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Candy-Hope the SS Card will arrive soon!

Steph-Hope Miguel finds a job. I think most of them will be more picky now that they're "legal." Of course, all along Javier's been telling me how he can't wait to go back to restaurant work. :lol:

Hi to everyone else! :thumbs:

No news on our side yet. Just hoping something happens soon.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Timeline

Stephanie: We can adjust status 90 days before his greencard expires. I wish it were 90 days from our wedding anniversary. We would fall under that category now. I just hope his greencard comes. I don't know what they will do about him not having pictures in his file. I hope it comes soon too so we can get his SS#. We need to refinance some things and need his number for that. Sorry Miguel can't find a job. Javier is going back to work on Monday for the same guy he worked for before he left. It pays really great money plus the guy is pretty decent to work for. He has other options but wanted to go back to him so I didn't argue.

Candy: I am glad Lupe will be getting his SS# soon. That is great!

Hope everyone else is having a good day today. I hope everything went okay with Benita and Alex. I can't wait to hear from her. I am so excited for them.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

WHOOOO --- HOOOOOO.....GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Charity...the photo on the green card is the same one that is on the VISA inside the passport...so they probably have them on file?? I hope so...otherwise you'll have to visit the local USCIS office which would bite. Have you guys gone to apply for the SS card yet? Glad Javier is going back to work soon. We think Miguel got a job too, at a temp agency. Which is fine. April will be here before we know it.

take care everyone and hopefully we'll hear soon from Benita!

Filed: Timeline

No we haven't been yet. I thought we had to wait for his greencard to come. I guess I was wrong. What do we have to take with us when we go to the SS office? If we can go now I will take a day off of work next week and run down there. It is about 2 hours away. Well if the photo on the greencard is the same as the visa then we should be okay. It was the print that was on the paper on top of his package. I think they must have it in the system somehow. We should be okay then.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

Charity...the visa in the passport is all you need to apply for a SS card (and fill out the application too). Good luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.