aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
OH MY GOD111

I E-MAILED CDJ AND GOT A RESPONSE BACK!!!!1

THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS

"THIS CASE HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR AN APPOINTMENT FOR NEX 27-MARCH-2006 @ 7:30 A.M. A NEW APPOINTMENT SHEET WILL GET TO YOU SHORTLY

IV SECTION GEN"

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN HAVE WE BEEN APPROVED? PLZ ANSWER BACK ASAP

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: *SHOUTING VERY VERY VERY LOUDLY* so you can hear it all the way to SanAnton' (L)(L)(L) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD111

I E-MAILED CDJ AND GOT A RESPONSE BACK!!!!1

THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS

"THIS CASE HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR AN APPOINTMENT FOR NEX 27-MARCH-2006 @ 7:30 A.M. A NEW APPOINTMENT SHEET WILL GET TO YOU SHORTLY

IV SECTION GEN"

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN HAVE WE BEEN APPROVED? PLZ ANSWER BACK ASAP

Yep...

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH....YOU ARE APPROVED! :thumbs::dance::dance:

Best Wishes.. ;):dance::dance:

Nigel....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

CONGRATS MARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

And YAY you already know when the second date is to pick up the visa so you can start counting down the days until you are all together again!!!! WHOOO ---- HOOOOO GIRL!!!

My friend was just approved through Juarez too, she found out yesterday. Very happy day.

YAY Charity on the green card. How exciting!! Now you just have to get that dang SS card. Good luck!!

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance:

So much good news after I left yesterday.

Marta---CONGRATULATIONS. I know you are thrilled to death. Bet your toes are still tingeling.

Charity & Javier----YEAH, I am so glad that you now have the official card in your little hands.

I just wanted to add something the lawyer said. He said that if Alex wanted to go on and work that he could. That if he found someone that would hire him without papers that was fine. That if he was caught it would not be a big deal, because he was married to an American. I hate that he told us that. Now I am worried that Alex will want to work without authorization.

Do you think he knows what he is talking about? Surly he would not jeprodize Alex's papers at this point.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I guess everything got filed OK. He said that Alex could work now if he found someone that did not want a SSN. That if he was caught it was different since he is married to a USC and is processing the EAD. He said it should only be 3 months to get work authorization, if it does not arrive by May, he can file locally for a temporary work card.

NOW WE WAIT......

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Timeline

I've actually heard that before somewhere but I cant remember what part of this forum but I myself would not till i have my ss #

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Marta, CONGRATS on the approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And at least you already know the second interview date...that's always good!

Benita, I would advise Alex to NOT work until you all receive the EAD. The point of the EAD is that it authorizes employment. I'm not sure if he is authorized to work until then. That whole excuse of "being married to an American citizen" is not going to fly if he were caught. Take it from me.

Charity, congrats again on receiving the green card!

It's snowing here. Flurrying a bit like crazy this morning. Luckily, I am leaving work early to be home for the man to come put my cable in!!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Thanks girls! I think Marta's news is a little more exciting than mine. I am so happy for her. I know what it was like for us, seeing as it hasn't been that long ago. Yeah for her!!!!! :dance::dance:

Benita: I wouldn't advise Alex to work until he gets his EAD. I always understood that is what the EAD is for. I also don't think the "married to an American thing" would fly either. I think it would be best to wait for the EAD. Sorry, I know you want him to work but I wouldn't test it out. You would hate for something bad to happen after you have come so far.

Stephanie: We are going to the mobile SS office next Wednesday. I hope we don't have any problems. I am almost considering going to the real office just in case. We also need to get Javier's license renewed on that day. I hope he can pass the sign test and we don't have any problems with that either.

What do you all think, should we do the mobile office or should we go to the real office?

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

I am not pushing Alex to work. Him watching Emily is giving us enough of a break. I still have her in daycare 2 days a week so that he does not get burned out. I would rather him just not work, let us save a little money with him watching Emily and be available to help us move when the time comes. We are still waiting to see what the 2 bedroom looks like before we make that decision. I think once he gets working it will be impossible to have him take off to get all this paperwork done and help with the move anyway.

Has anyone looked "FAR" down the road to the citizenship part of this process???? I know it is 5 years from the time they get their green card, but I am positive that Alex will absolutely hate taking a citizenship test. Again anything to do with school...he hates.

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:

So much good news after I left yesterday.

Marta---CONGRATULATIONS. I know you are thrilled to death. Bet your toes are still tingeling.

Charity & Javier----YEAH, I am so glad that you now have the official card in your little hands.

I just wanted to add something the lawyer said. He said that if Alex wanted to go on and work that he could. That if he found someone that would hire him without papers that was fine. That if he was caught it would not be a big deal, because he was married to an American. I hate that he told us that. Now I am worried that Alex will want to work without authorization.

Do you think he knows what he is talking about? Surly he would not jeprodize Alex's papers at this point.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I guess everything got filed OK. He said that Alex could work now if he found someone that did not want a SSN. That if he was caught it was different since he is married to a USC and is processing the EAD. He said it should only be 3 months to get work authorization, if it does not arrive by May, he can file locally for a temporary work card.

NOW WE WAIT......

I agree that is very odd and would be mad if an immigration lawyer told my husband he could work without his EAD. It is my understanding that no, you absolutely cannot work without the EAD, and it would be very risky to do so, married to a US citizen or not. We all know that being married to a US citizen is not a magic card or "get out of jail free" card, nor does it make illegal things legal, and I am pretty sure working without an EAD while on a K3 visa is working illegally. Even if it were questionable or unlikely to cause you problems if they caught him, I'd say after all you've been through to get to this point, it is definitely not worth risking just for the relatively small amount of money one can earn in a few months while waiting for the EAD. I'd worry about a lawyer that is advising illegal things as well. :huh::hehe::unsure:

For us it only took less than 3 months to get the EAD once we submitted the AOS paperwork, which is relatively short compared to the rest of the waits we've had with immigration. I think and hope yours will be just as quick, if not quicker!

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"

our extended timeline

05/05 - Entered US
10/3 - Mailed I-485 and I-765
10/14 - NOA1 for AOS and I-765.
10/22 - I-485 Biometrics NOA received, appt 11/15
10/27 - Touched on both I-485 and I-765.
10/31 - I-765 Biometrics NOA dated 10/24. Appt on 11/29 at 12PM.
11/15 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 done on same day.
11/16 & 27 - Case "touched" on bcis.gov.
12/7 - EAD approval by e-mail. Card is on its way. Thank you Lord!!
12/12 - Received EAD.
1/9/06 - Applied for SSN. Received 1/17
3/30 - Got our AOS Interview notice!! Interview date 5/31
5/31/06 - Permanent residency granted! Passport stamped IR6. God is so faithful!

2/2/16 - Mailed in N-400 paperwork

2/10/16 - Received text that N-400 paperwork was received.

2/16/16 - Text that fingerprint appointment has been scheduled.

3/1/16 - Biometrics interview, Naperville, IL

3/11/16 - E-notice that case is in line for an interview

7/8/16 - Text/site updated that Interview date has been assigned

7/14/16 - Received letter dated 7/11 with interview date on 8/11
8/11/16 - Interview, given paper that said passed test but no decision can be made at this time.

10/18/16 - Received text, status online updated to say oath ceremony has been scheduled!!!!

Notice: I am not a lawyer nor legal profession; my posts on this website are just my lay opinions, formulated from my own case.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I called Edgar all day yesterday and I couldn't get him because he was at work , :( I stayed up til 2:30 a.m. and he didn't return my call til this a.m.@7.He sounded so sleepy.I finally told him the news.And all I got was a long silence........ then he asked me are you sure,,and I told him that I couldn't believe it either so I called dhs all day too and finally got through.The man who answered was really nice but when he told me that he didn't have anything in his syst.I started to panic.He asked me for the case # again and said"Usted tenia razon,si aqui esta la fecha para que venga a levantar sus documentos y su visa para que se vaya para alla"

I almost passed out!!I thought that there had been a mistake.

I started to worry about Edgars lack of excitement but thats the way he is.He is a very quiet man anyway I am extremely excited for the 3 of us.

I told Joshua"Daddy is coming home!"

And he turned around and looked at his daddy's picture and said "Daddy"

Why can't 14 month olds have an adult conversation? :D

To you all I want to say ......THANK YOU......You have been so good to me.

comforting me..giving me advice...keeping me from going bezerk and for keeping my head above water when I thought that my world was crashing down on me.There is no way I could ever begin to repay you'll for what you have given me.All my blessing to you'll and may your happiness last a lifetime ..

You will always and forever be in my thoughts and prayers.I hope I can be as much an inspiration to someone else as you have been to me.GOD BLESS...... (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

(L) Marta Prestegu

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

Benita: I have already looked at the citizenship stuff. Actually, they can do it in 3 years since they are married to a US citizen. Javier has already started learning some of the stuff he will need to know. It's pretty neat, the guy he works with is a history major, so he is teaching Javier lots of stuff. I don't know if he will remember it for 3 years but at least it won't all be new to him when the time comes. Also, you may want to check out the form N-400. It's what you have to file in order to take the test and everything. It has some really out there questions. Some of which I probably wouldn't have known the answers to had I not seen the form and know we will need to know those things when the time comes. Javier is really anxious to become a citizen so I don't think the test part is bothering him. He is just excited to be learning all this new stuff about the US. It's really fun! I am glad he is so excited about it. It makes it easier for me. He still needs to learn to read and write a little better. We will have to work on that still but if this guy can teach him the history, then I am all for it. I don't even know about some of the stuff he will need to know. Maybe Alex will warm up to the idea before it comes time for him to take the test and everything.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

So Marta….you did get through to DHS yesterday?! How awesome!!! What day did they tell you were approved?? Only 4.5 weeks girl till he is home. WAY COOL!!

I am so happy for you and little Joshua. :luv:

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

:P i FORGOT TO ASK WHEN WE WERE APPROVED!!!

I COULDN'T HEAR ANTHING BEYOND ..PICK UP DOCS.,AND VISA,AND GO HOME !!!

I WENT TO CHECK AT P.O. TO SEE IF THERE WAS A LETTER BUT THERE WASN'T SO I GUESS IT WAS JUST APPROVED THESE PAST FEW DAYS.I WILL GIVE IT A WEEK FOR IT TO GET HERE THAT WAY I CAN SLAP MYSELF IN THE FACE AND BELIEVE IT! :yes:

I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT THROUGH TO DHS SO FAST WHEN OTHER TIMES IT TOOK ALMOST A WHOLE WEEK!!!

5 WEEKS!!!! OMG

I NEED TO GO ON A CRASH DIET!!!

GOTTA GO DO SOME MAJOR JOGGING :crying:

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

Timeline

Way to go Marta. I am so excited for you guys. It will be a huge relief to have your husband back home.

Then you can start the AOS and EAD paperwork . GOOD LUCK.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.