aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Elvia: It's about time you showed up.

:hehe: Okay well now that I have gotten some feed back of course I need some more... I know that this is a long enough process and that I have been thru 3 years of this already... so my heart tells me to go ahead and go to CDJ but my head is telling me to stay and wait...... AAARGHHH :whistle:

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvia: I have to say I would go ahead with the process. I wouldn't depend on our government doing anything to help us out. I would hate for you to wait and then find out they did nothing. Then you would have gone through this process for nothing. They were talking about all this stuff when Javier left and look at us. He has already gotten home, legally. If we had waited, he would still be here illegally, with the possibility of getting caught. Then that opens up a whole new set of problems I just wouldn't want to deal with. Basically, it all comes down to what you feel is best for you and your situation. I wanted to move on with my life. I didn't want this immigration mess to be hanging over my head forever. I don't know if this helps or not. I hope it does.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Elvia: I have to say I would go ahead with the process. I wouldn't depend on our government doing anything to help us out. I would hate for you to wait and then find out they did nothing. Then you would have gone through this process for nothing. They were talking about all this stuff when Javier left and look at us. He has already gotten home, legally. If we had waited, he would still be here illegally, with the possibility of getting caught. Then that opens up a whole new set of problems I just wouldn't want to deal with. Basically, it all comes down to what you feel is best for you and your situation. I wanted to move on with my life. I didn't want this immigration mess to be hanging over my head forever. I don't know if this helps or not. I hope it does.

I think I will do what my heart (L) tells me... I will go on as if I had never read the post and continue through my journey :thumbs: . Raul told me last night that we will still be together when this is all said and done and like you said we can continue with our lives. Immigration will just be a distant memory. :) Thanks guys! You really are the best Comadres ever! :yes:

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Your welcome. I just wouldn't want you to put everything on hold just to see what the government will do. I think you would be disappointed and I don't want that to happen. Of course, in a month or so if they decide to pass something, you can't be mad at me. :no:

Your welcome. I just wouldn't want you to put everything on hold just to see what the government will do. I think you would be disappointed and I don't want that to happen. Of course, in a month or so if they decide to pass something, you can't be mad at me. :no:

:lol::lol: I couldn't be mad at ya girl!!! But I will tell you that I want to get ready to start moving... I have a dilema though.... I don't want my son to find out we are moving until I tell my exhusband!! and that will happen exactly 2 weeks from the move date.... Wouldn't want him to get heads up on this.. :no:

any suggestions..... Boy I am just full of questions aren't I :help: my brain is actually functioning 100% today :unsure:

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Well that's a toughy. I don't know what to tell you about that one. Since me and my ex didn't have kids, I haven't had to deal with that situation. Maybe you could start putting some things in boxes with the reason of wanting to get rid of some of it. That's all I've got right now. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion. Hey, look, this has changed from the Charity Melissa thread, to the Charity and Elvia thread. :lol::lol:

Until Melissa comes to disrupt the flow!!

:crying: No Fair.... you party poooper..... :lol::lol:

hey Melissa... what's up??? Busy at work?

Maybe you could start putting some things in boxes with the reason of wanting to get rid of some of it.

Thats an excellent idea.... that way when I actually ship the stuff to dad's house I could just tell him it's for charity... well not you :P but like a non profit org. I thinks that what I will end up doing...

Hey and I wanted to share with you guys that week after next I will be going to Houston with my brother. I think he won some Toby Keith tickets and it translates into me being the designated driver... I'm sure we'll have fun.

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Yes, it's been pretty busy. I need to get all caught up for going on vacation next week. Plus I have to teach my coworker how to do my job.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

I really was hoping to hear about the Advisory Opinion today... :(

I'm starting to think we will never hear about it.

Give it some time... you will hear something (F)

:yes: Recuerda no hay mal que dure cien a~os ni persona que lo aguante :luv:

Married EWI May 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

OH MY GOD111

I E-MAILED CDJ AND GOT A RESPONSE BACK!!!!1

THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS

"THIS CASE HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR AN APPOINTMENT FOR NEX 27-MARCH-2006 @ 7:30 A.M. A NEW APPOINTMENT SHEET WILL GET TO YOU SHORTLY

IV SECTION GEN"

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN HAVE WE BEEN APPROVED? PLZ ANSWER BACK ASAP

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

It sounds like you have been approved. Yeah!!!! Congratulations!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

On another note, we got Javier's greencard today. I was so happy to finally get it in the mail. I am not sure where they dug up that picture because it is not the same one that was on the visa. It's really old. Whatever though, at least it came. :dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.