aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

*taps foot* ahem... why does Charity get the special Melissa treatment and we just get talked to on a thread.... LOL J/K

Hey you guys are cooking an awesome little three day trip! I bet Javier will love being near the pool with some Coronas/Tecates sipping away. You will definitely have to go to get some cheesecake! and send some to Texas.... and Chipotle YUMMMM!!

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's not my house so I can't invite you but if it were up to me you could come too. The more the merrier. I think we would have to resort to a hotel room though if that were the case. I don't think we could all fit in Melissa's apartment. I don't think the Aerobed would hold up either. :lol::lol:

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Elvia, I would have to agree. Is this the Melissa and Charity topic? :luv: HA HA HA HA HA You girls are so funny, you must have been sisters in a previous life or at least best friends. I think the road trip to Melissa's sounds like a marvelous time. I hope that you guys have a ball. Hey Melissa, don't worry if you don't have the apartments perfect, that is what Charity is for. Remember she was going to help you arrange your furniture.

You gals have a great day, I will be in if I can. Have to work hard this morning, since Alex and I go to the lawyer at 10am. I will hopefully be in here in the afternoon to tell you how everything went.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Elvia, come on up! Benita, you too-bring Emily! And don't worry about fitting in the apartment-I have plenty of closet space; my mom said my closets will fit 3 or 4 of my closest friends (j/k)!! Haha! Ok this is my official invitation to all my lovely friends on this thread to come and visit me for the weekend.

Benita, good luck with the lawyer today. I hope everything gets filed and finished.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Benita: Good luck with the lawyer today. I hope everything goes well and you don't have any road blocks.

Melissa: Javier and I will take one of the closets. :lol::lol: He is actually warming up to the idea pretty well. I think the talk about Jillian's got him hooked. I can't wait. I think it will be awesome. How was your Cold Stone? I was dreaming about ice cream last night. :lol:

Everyone else: Have a great Tuesday!!! The best thing about Tuesday is, it's not Monday! :thumbs:

Hey did any of you see what Laurel posted on IM2US??? What do you all think about that?

Benita... Good luck with the lawyer today and if he says something that you don't want to hear do this to him :bonk: .

Charity and Melissa... :P I hope you guys have a great time. Javier will also have fun as long as there is a TV and he has beer I think he will be a happy camper ;)

Everyone else HOLA :luv:

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Elvia: It's about time you showed up. I haven't seen what Laurel posted on I2US. I'll have to cruise over there and check it out. We are going to wait until Javier turns 21 so we can really party. We all need to find a central meeting place and get together one of these days after everyone gets back. I think that would be cool.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good luck at the atty Benita!! She is probably already there…hope it goes well.

Charity…hope you and Javier can make it down to Melissas…Baltimore is fun.

Miguel told me last night he wanted to go to the Bahamas…I told him to start playing Powerball. But the beach would be ohhh so nice….Last weekend it was -20 around here. It was fricken cold!

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Stephanie: It has been cold here too. Not that cold but cold. Javier wants to go to Disney World again. I think my mom and dad and my brother's family are going in July. I just don't think Javier and I will have the money to go. I would love to go but we are planning a trip to Mexico in December so we need to save our money for that.

Elvia: I read what Laurel posted. I think she may be jumping the gun a bit but that's her opinion. I know the Prez is against amnesty and I don't think there is anyway that will ever happen. I wish it were true. It would really help a lot of people out. I would love for them to do it again for my suegro's benefit. I am just not to optimistic. Sorry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I guess everything got filed OK. He said that Alex could work now if he found someone that did not want a SSN. That if he was caught it was different since he is married to a USC and is processing the EAD. He said it should only be 3 months to get work authorization, if it does not arrive by May, he can file locally for a temporary work card.

NOW WE WAIT......

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mexico in December….yup we are saving our money for that too. If it becomes a yearly thing or every other year thing to go to Mexico in the winter…I won’t mind.

Elvia…It is a tough call on what to believe. I do appreciate that she added that her colleague doesn’t think the same. Lets you know everyone is thinking/advising differently. I don’t know, this process was long enough, I just wouldn’t want to prolong it for the “possibility” of an amnesty. Bush has 2 more years in office, I don’t think immigration reform is a top priority. Plus….seems most amnesties came when presidents were on their way out of office……….

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Here is Laurel's post from I2US.

My practice is in a bit of a limbo these days. We are about to get major immigration reform, so I've been recommending that people presently in the US remain here and postpone their consular interviews until the new law passes. This is supposed to happen sometime between St. Patrick's Day and Easter.

There's no reason to postpone your consular interview if the alien is already abroad or if the alien entered on a K visa and is not able to adjust status through the K visa petitioner.

There's also no reason to postpone filing an in-country I-601 if you are eligible.

I have a friend in Houston who is also an immigration attorney who does I-601 waivers (though she frequently threatens to stop handling that type of case because she'd rather just take uncomplicated cases). She thinks I'm being too optimistic and she is not recommending that people postpone their interviews. I'm presenting her point of view just so you know there's no sure thing here and we're not all making the same predictions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.