aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Benita, yup they sound like dorks alright! Hope they'll be satisfied with the NOA1. I can't imagine it will take all that long to arrive. In the meantime, just hope he doesn't get sick.

Ashley, sorry to hear of your power troubles. Power outages are the worst kind of annoyance. And make sure you suitably yell at Tacho for getting a ticket.

And yes, guys, I am SOOOOOOOOO excited. We've been counting down the hours. I had told him that by the time I come to visit him, I'll know about the Advisory Opinion. Looks like now I'm not so sure...... :unsure:

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ashley…sorry to hear about that! That totally sucks.

Benita…figures the insurance companies would find some way to not add him…good luck at the lawyer tomorrow.

Charity…we got 2 Welcome to USA letters. They both said the same thing. I don’t know why they sent two. But the letters were in different envelopes than the Green card and came from different return addresses. We got our second Welcome letter 3 days after the first and also got the Green Card that same day in the mail. Sucks today is a mail holiday…hope you get them soon. What date exactly did you get the first Welcome letter?

Elvia…I KNOW! I really think the Mer/George thing isn’t o.k. I am wanting her and Shep to get together. It is taking forever. I don’t have much more patience. Dr. McSteamy is kinda hot though. Tough guy look.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Timeline

Miss Liss . Got your gift satuday and in the midst of my crisis that was very sweet. thank you!

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

Filed: Timeline

Melissa: I really think you will find something out about the AO before you go or while you are there. Good things happen when people are in Mexico.

Ashley: Sorry to hear about your power. At least it isn't too hot or too cold down there. Losing your groceries sucks though. I agree with Melissa, let Tacho have it for getting a ticket. Javier got two tickets before he left for Mexico. Not both at the same time but spaced out while he was here. Our insurance went up an absolutely ridiculous amount. Then when the tickets fall off it won't go back down to what it was before because we won't be able to get some of the discounts back.

Benita: I can't believe they won't add him to you insurance. What idiots! I can't add Javier to my insurance, it's too expensive. We will just have to get him some for himself through BCBS or something. So, since he doesn't have his social security number yet, we haven't even thought about insurance. I hope Alex doesn't get sick. Make sure you keep him pumped full of vitamins and stuff.

Stephanie: We got the Welcome to the US letter on Monday of last week. I don't know, maybe I am just overreacting. I should just be more patient I guess.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

the company just called and said they estimate that it will be 350 dollars .!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!

married May 31 2003

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

que sera sera

Timeline

If I do i am giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

married May 31 2003

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

que sera sera

Timeline

Ohhh, Ashley…I am sorry to hear that. Life is expensive, especially for problems that come out of nowhere!

YAY Melissa, you’ll be in Mexico soon..I bet you’ll hear about the AAO beforehand. It is reasonable that you do, has Laurel given an opinion as to if you’ll hear before you depart?

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Timeline

The office work-a-holic snobby chick (Diane) is seriously pissing me off today. I'm surprised it hasn't turned into an all-out catfight yet. But it's headed that way.

Steph, Laurel doesn't like to give her thoughts on things a lot. She doesn't want to say something, and for me to rely on what she says, only for it to turn out wrong and then come back with "But you said...." Not like I would do that, but I'm sure she feels that she needs to be a bit cautious just in case.

-Oscar the Grouch

Melissa: I am so sorry she is being such a witch. I know what it is like to work with someone who seriously ticks you off. I really think you need to go to your boss and get things settled. There is no sense in this going on and on. It will just end up hurting one or both of you if the tension just keeps building. Eventually others in the workplace will see it and it will start to bother them.

Timeline

Not only that, she's always whispering around making me think she's spreading junk around about me. I definitely don't care, but who does she think she is????

-Oscar the Grouch

I don't know who she thinks she is but she needs to be put in her place. Do you want me to call her? She better not be picking on my friend. That's not right and I won't stand for it. I've been known to give some pretty good tongue-lashings. What do you say?

Timeline

I would love to let you do that, but I doubt that "sic"-ing my friend on her would be considered professional and smiled upon by management. It seems that unfortunately, restraint is in order for today.

Oh well, day is almost over. I can survive another hour and 10 minutes. Then I need to get my hiney to the grocery store and back home to do some unpacking!

-Oscar the Grouch

Yea, I didn't really think you would want me to call her. I just wanted to let you know I am here for you. Well hopefully she will grow up soon. Good luck on the grocery thing. I guess your fridge is pretty much empty right now. I am going home and going to try and work out with Javier. I need to get some exercise. Then I am going to fix supper and get ready for bed. Nothing on TV tonight so I don't have to worry about trying to squeeze that in.

Timeline

Only things in the fridge are a case of Cherry Coke cans and a case of Pink Lemonade cans...

I can't get a whole lot of perishable stuff since I'm leaving in a few days, but definitely some ice cream!!!!!

-Oscar the Grouch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.