aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
:dance::dance: It just gets me all giddy and happy knowing that the are on their way home.It gives me hope that ours will be approved and my husband will be home soon.Tomorrow will be 4 months since CDJ entered the 601 into their ststem and Feb.3 will marke 3 monthe since DHS entered it into their system.But I am going by CDJ's ...just to make it seem like we are closer to finding out our fate. :no::(

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hola chicas como estan?

:lol::lol::lol: Estas Lavando Charity? Espero que todo fue bien!

c ya !

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

Timeline

Just stopping in to say HOLA!! Hope all is well with everyone and that Charity makes it home safely and that Benita makes it to Juarez safely.

MissLiss..how is the moving going? And way cool on you going to Mexico soon!! That is definitely something to look forward to!!

o.k. see ya later chicas.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Timeline

:whistle: ....... :whistle: .......... :whistle:

:angry: ok where is everybody?

OK.................... every one can not possibly be picking up their spouse in Mexico!!

It still can't be laundry time.....!!!

:whistle::whistle: Ok I give you'll 24 more hours to finish your laundry.

In the mean time I'll be waiting. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

My Timeline----

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Charity and Javier (and dad) have landed and are on their way home from the airport. They're going to be stopping to get some ribs to eat on the way :D because Javier had a craving for them. Charity said she might post tomorrow. Well that's it for me for today. Everyone have a good evening!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Thanks Melissa...glad to hear they arrived safely. :thumbs:

We got the "Welcome to USA letter" in the mail today...but it doesn't look really like a letter. It is instead a I-797C Notice of Action and under "Notice type" it says Welcome Notice. We are excited to have it!!

take care all!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yayyyy....Im happy Charity and Javier and Dad made it back ok..... :D

Melissa thank you for the updates on Charity... (F)

mnmex....we actually received two welcome letters in the mail a few days apart....they both said the same thing.. :lol: still dont have the social card yet :angry:

Melissa what is the latest on your case??

Filed: Timeline

Hello ladies!!!! We're back!!!! We are both sick and not feeling well today. We have the "gripa". Javier had it down there and I woke up with it this morning. Glad we have a few days off. We got in really late last night so I didn't have a chance to do anything. We didn't even get his bags unloaded. I will have to do that this morning. So here is the story. They did let me in the consulate. I kept Javier's letter and handed it to the guard. He let both of us in. We had to wait outside for a very long time after getting in. They made us pay the $100 Banamex fee again even after Javier told them we didn't need too. So we had to leave and comeback. Then when we got back we talked to another lady and she told us we didn't need to pay it. So basically we lost that money. Then they asked us which visa Javier wanted to get. Of course we chose the I-130. We had to pay $45 more for it. The fee had gone up since we paid the first time. They called us to the window in Building C around 2:30 for us to pay. We paid and then waited and waited and waited. Around 4:30 I started getting nervous. Javier finally went and asked the lady why they hadn't called us yet. They started looking for his file. Evidently they had lost it somewhere. They finally came back up with it and did the interview. The lady actually scolded Javier for not asking why we hadn't been called sooner. Like it's our job to make sure they are doing their job correctly. They asked him if he had been in Mexico the whole 6 months and if he had any problems with immigration. He said no and that was that. They approved his visa. We were the last ones to pick up the visa that day. It was a very nerve racking day but I was so glad I got to go in with him. With all the things that came up, Javier would have never made it by himself. He is really glad to be home and wants me to fix him some coffee. I guess I better go. I just wanted to thank you all for all the support you have given me through this. Hopefully Benita won't have as hard of a time as us. Oh yeah, and it did take us 3 hours to cross the border. We may have been better off trying to do it the next morning but were afraid we would get stuck there and miss our flight. Talk to you all later.

The laundry has been done. It was great. My dad actually left us alone in the room so we didn't have to wait to come home. :dance:

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Since a few people have asked, here's an update on our case:

We still know nothing. We think the Senator may or may not have sent a letter to either the right or wrong place on or about January 18. We're now planning a special kind of "attack" to get the Senator's attention but it's top secret at this point.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Glad to hear everything worked out, Charity!! You must be on top of the world knowing that it is all behind you!! That sucks about the money, but I really don’t expect anything different out of them. Isn’t that sad that we expect to be screwed over?! Wow that is a long time to wait to cross the border but like you said, with such an early flight out the next morning, you don’t want to chance it. Well relax and I hope you feel better. I got sick too. It sucked. But the gripa won’t stand in the way of the laundry!! Ha, ha. Are you guys going to go to the SSN office or did you check the box on your DS-230? Take care!!

Benita…wherever you are….we are wishing you much luck!!

Melissa…sorry to hear the senator may not have done her job, but happy to hear you have a plan. My fingers are crossed that it works.

Take care ladies!!

Timeline

Hey Charity. I am so glad that you got in. I was determined to get in also. If you have an approval notice then it is easy to get in . that is cool. congratulions.

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

Filed: Timeline

Stephanie: We didn't check the box. After hearing that you all checked it and still ended up going to the SS office I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. We would probably end up going anyway and we can go sooner if we didn't check the box. I just hope his greencard comes. The consulate also lost the pictures out of his package. We didn't know it until they had already processed his paper work at the border. They called us back and told us he didn't have pictures. Javier asked them if it would be a problem later and he said, "We will figure something out." I hope they do. I don't know what we would do if his greencard doesn't show up.

Melissa: Glad to hear you have a plan. :angry: You didn't tell me about it though. I guess I am not privey to top secret information. Just kidding. I hope it works out.

Ashley: Thanks for the well wishes. I am so glad to have my Papi here with me. We are having a great day so far.

I will try to talk to you all later. Every time I get on here Javier asks me what I am doing. My VJ time might slow down now when I am at home. Of course I can still post while I am at work. We are heading out now to see Javier's daddy. He hasn't seen him yet. Then, more laundry!! :devil:

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

OK ..well I called nvc to see if my 130 had been sent to cdj like my att said but they said no that it was still at nvc.So since I am sitting at 4 mos.since turning in my 601 I decided to just go with that then adjust here like my att said.But someone told me that if I have an approval notice receipt that I can show it at cdj and get the visa for that instead of the 129.They told me cdj can find out about my approved 130 in their syst.and give me the 130 visa.Is this true ?Has this happened to anybody you know?

My Timeline----

Timeline

Does anyone know if today was when Benita and Alex were going to the 2nd interview? Well I hope all is well for them.

Marta…sorry this I-130 stuff has caused you such stress. At least Benita’s husband will be adjusting before you and tell you their experience!! The important thing is to get your husband home.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.