aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does he have a nice camera?

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

You know what, Ashley....he doesn't have a camera! And that's an awesome idea....Except based on Charity's experiences, there is no way I'm bringing a nice new camera anywhere near my suitcase or an airport...I'll bet you all didn't know "photography equipment" is not claimable if they lose your luggage.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, neither is jewelry, samples, irreplaceable business papers, or electronic equipment. So there goes my chance of getting any money back for the stuff that was stolen from me. I would only take a camera if it were in my carry on bag. I sure wouldn't put it in my checked baggage.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

well it doesnt have to be a really expensive one or take it w/ your carry on bag

I sent tacho disposable cams and i really enjoyed seeing the pics!

married May 31 2003

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

que sera sera

Ashley: That was a really good idea. I tried to get Javier to do it but he didn't think there was anything interesting enough to take pictures of. He had his cellphone which is a camera phone so he has some pictures on there. They are pretty neat. I wish I could have gotten him to do the disposable camera thing. It would've been neat to show the pictures to our kids one day. Oh well to late now.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Well you guys I'll have to take pictures because I'll be taking Flat Stanley with me to Mexico. My friend got sent Flat Stanley by a niece so we decided Flat Stanley's going to visit Mexico. But I usually use disposable cameras. Even though I have a digital camera. I never use my digital camera. Just seems too complicated to get the pictures off of it.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Well i havent met his family so he took pictures of them and then some of the Basilica in mexico city.

married May 31 2003

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

que sera sera

Timeline

So I went to this first time home buyers class last night. There are two more I still have to go to next week. I am so pumped at the prospect of being able to be a homebuyer! Of course we have $0 saved for a down payment (immigration took all of that) and a bit of credit card debt (thanks again to immigration) but there are sooooo many programs and grants out there just waiting to be tapped. We have been in our one bedroom apartment 4.5 years and are sooooo ready to have something of our own. I hoping we’ll be able to buy something this year. I am not adverse at all to share a room with our future kid, but I just want to be able to sit outside in a backyard and drink gin and tonics and have it be my place. When I do that on the front yard of our apt building, I look like a lush. We live on a super busy street in the middle of the city and too much exhaust gets in my drink for my liking. Ha, ha.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

So I went to this first time home buyers class last night. There are two more I still have to go to next week. I am so pumped at the prospect of being able to be a homebuyer! Of course we have $0 saved for a down payment (immigration took all of that) and a bit of credit card debt (thanks again to immigration) but there are sooooo many programs and grants out there just waiting to be tapped. We have been in our one bedroom apartment 4.5 years and are sooooo ready to have something of our own. I hoping we’ll be able to buy something this year. I am not adverse at all to share a room with our future kid, but I just want to be able to sit outside in a backyard and drink gin and tonics and have it be my place. When I do that on the front yard of our apt building, I look like a lush. We live on a super busy street in the middle of the city and too much exhaust gets in my drink for my liking. Ha, ha.

:luv: Stephanie you will have to remember all of this information in a year so take alot of notes. When I come back from CDJ I plan on also buying a home. SOOOOO :innocent: take plenty of detailed notes!! :o What do you and Miguel want in terms of bedrooms and square footage? Now I don't know about being a lush (yeah right) but if I was your neighboor I for sure would have some drinks in the front of the apts. LOL

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Timeline

yeah take lots. im buying a trailer but its fallen apart so buy the time I pay it off maybe you could help me get a grant so that i can build a house on the land.

married May 31 2003

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

que sera sera

We already have a house. It was built from scratch when I was married to my first husband. It needs some work but with Javier's building background he can do it all. It's nice having a house but it is a lot of work. I hope you find something in your price range that you really like.

Timeline

I know each state is different with grants and loans, etc. But I am totally taking notes and they give you a whole binder with information and also have individualized homebuyer counseling for free. It is all through a non-profit organization here. I just went online and looked for first time home buyer stuff in MN and came up with all this info. It is out there ladies! As far as square footage, I don’t know. I am not too picky. If it is only two bedrooms with an unfinished basement that is o.k. because we could always add more in the basement and the house would be valued more later. We are for SURE staying in the city. I am such a city girl. I figure our first house isn’t going to be great anyways and we probably won’t stay in it more than 5 years too. I’m sure we’ll outgrow the house before the mortgage is paid off. The best thing about Minneapolis is whoever laid the city out long ago was way into parks. There is a park every 12 blocks or so, so having a huge yard with amenities isn’t a must because you can always just go to the park down the street. And there are tons of lakes too. As long as the yard has room for a lawn chair and a table for my drinks and People magazine. Ha, ha.

I’ll keep you guys updated. I am hoping we’ll buy sometime this summer but $$ wise, who knows. I figure homebuying is like child rearing (neither of which I have ever done so clearly I am no expert on this) but I think if you wait around until you are 100% ready you’ll never do it. Because both are such a huge financial and emotional commitment, you can never be 100% ready. So we’ll just take the plunge and hope for the best!

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
:crying: I want a house. :crying:

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

I'll sell you mine. I would love to build another house. I could do everything the way I want them instead of the way someone else wanted them. Javier is completely opposite of my ex. He would spend his last dime on fixing up the house and my ex wouldn't spend a dime on the house. I would love to be able to build a house with Javier. It would be awesome. Since he builds houses for a living he would be able to do a lot of the work himself and he could take extra care to make sure it was done right. Something that wasn't done with the house we have now.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey everyone! I've been busy busy busy this morning. Still no response from Legal Net. Depending on whether or not they'll count last Thursday in the number of "working days" they should reply today to the first e-mail I sent. If they counted last Thursday (the day I sent it) today will be the 7th working day. If they don't count Thursday, it will probably be Tuesday since Monday's a holiday.

Benita, I don't have any cute suggestions but I like the ones already mentioned.

Ok now I need some ideas. I need to get Javier something for his birthday. I don't know what to get him. It needs to be something small so I can pack it, and also needs to be something useful. I had considered a watch but he already has like a thousand watches. What could he use in Mexico? I also had considered a pocket knife but he's already got the monster of all pocket knifes.

This may be silly, but what about a Maglite flashlight or one of each size? I've taken these to Mexico before and it's always been really appreciated. They are like 3-4x as much down there, and everyone can always use a good flashlight. I've given my FIL, husband, BIL all various sizes of these before and they use them like crazy. If you got him an assortment of the sizes, it might make a nice gift without being too expensive. Farm&Fleet is the cheapest place to buy them around here, if you have one of those.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"

our extended timeline

05/05 - Entered US
10/3 - Mailed I-485 and I-765
10/14 - NOA1 for AOS and I-765.
10/22 - I-485 Biometrics NOA received, appt 11/15
10/27 - Touched on both I-485 and I-765.
10/31 - I-765 Biometrics NOA dated 10/24. Appt on 11/29 at 12PM.
11/15 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 done on same day.
11/16 & 27 - Case "touched" on bcis.gov.
12/7 - EAD approval by e-mail. Card is on its way. Thank you Lord!!
12/12 - Received EAD.
1/9/06 - Applied for SSN. Received 1/17
3/30 - Got our AOS Interview notice!! Interview date 5/31
5/31/06 - Permanent residency granted! Passport stamped IR6. God is so faithful!

2/2/16 - Mailed in N-400 paperwork

2/10/16 - Received text that N-400 paperwork was received.

2/16/16 - Text that fingerprint appointment has been scheduled.

3/1/16 - Biometrics interview, Naperville, IL

3/11/16 - E-notice that case is in line for an interview

7/8/16 - Text/site updated that Interview date has been assigned

7/14/16 - Received letter dated 7/11 with interview date on 8/11
8/11/16 - Interview, given paper that said passed test but no decision can be made at this time.

10/18/16 - Received text, status online updated to say oath ceremony has been scheduled!!!!

Notice: I am not a lawyer nor legal profession; my posts on this website are just my lay opinions, formulated from my own case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.