aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our HR department brought in cupcakes and delivered them to everyone this morning. I am waiting until I get back from lunch to eat it. It is chocolate with white icing with little candy hearts sprinkled over top. YUM.

I am taking Alex out for dinner, Los Aztecas mexican restaurant. Since he is not working I am not expecting anything. I would love for him to just write me a little note, but knowing him, he is just vegging in front of the TV watching Mexican game shows and soap operas.

Have any of you experienced anything simular to the following: Normally I get off at 4pm and get Emily and I am home before 5pm. Yesterday we had a 3pm conference call with New Zealand (7am their time), well it went late and I did not leave here until 5pm. Sure enough at 5:10 Alex calls the cell phone, "WHERE ARE YOU"? When I tried to expain, he just hung up the phone. I don't know what he thinks I am doing? Does he really think I would rather be stuck at work then home with him. I think this is mainly because he feels a little trapped. We have been studying so that he can take him drivers license test, but he is not that thrilled about it, he hated school and especially tests. I told him it was multiple choice, that did not change his openion.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Benita…there are definite changes when coming home. Sure most everything fell into place for us and it did seem surreal, as if he never left…except for a few things. Miguel started getting really depressed about the 2nd week he was back because he still wasn’t working. He is so used to working (except, of course those 6.5 months in Mexico…hmmm) and having his own money that I think it started getting to him. He’d be asleep when I left in the morning, would drive to his cousin’s house, watch tv and come home and be asleep when I got home. I’d ask him to do a few tasks like fold the laundry and do the dishes, things that take 15 minutes total. And they didn’t get done. It totally pissed me off. I was busting my a** at work, doing the laundry, making dinner, doing the grocery shopping and the dude couldn’t wash a few dishes? Turns out he was just depressed. Once he found a job, everything seemed to lighten up. Maybe Alex is just bummed because you are busy all day and he doesn’t have anything to do?

Miguel also didn’t do swell in school and hates tests too. He took the drivers written test part 3 times before he passed…mostly because he was too impatient to study for the test and….read the whole question and read all the options…and he was also too impatient to read the correct answer the comp displayed when you get one wrong. The actual driving test he passed on the first try because he had been driving forever without a license.

Hang in there. :luv:

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Filed: Timeline

Benita: Some things are a little different for us too. Like Stephanie said, in some ways it feels like he never left. But in some ways it's like we are starting all over. Trying to get used to each other again. The first few days Javier didn't want to get in the bed when I was ready to go to bed. He wanted to stay up and watch tv or play on the computer. Then he wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. It has taken us a while to get back on schedule with each other.

Javier is the same way about me not getting home when he thinks I should. I usually try and call him to let him know where I am but sometimes I forget. Even though he knows I ride to work with my mom he still calls me and asks where I am. Like me and my mom are out scoping out the guys or something. :lol:

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Javier wasn't really like that. He doesn't freak out too much if I'm late or miss calling him or whatever. Of course, in turn, he thinks I should be the same way. :wacko: I anticipate everything will be fine whenever he comes back (IF he comes back) He typically just does whatever I need him or want him to do and we're happy that way!! :luv:

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wait a minute, I thought Alex only had 2 brothers. At least I did not think he had one named Miguel. Must just be that Mexican blood and environment. Gives them all very simular traits.

Thanks for the heads up. I know Alex gets depresses about not working. Especially when he thinks about what we have here compared to what his family has. He wants to send them money and with just my income we can not afford to send them anything right now. It is always good to know that other people understand what you are going through.

I am not worried about the road test, Alex has been driving for a while as well, I just wonder if the person in the car with him will speak Spanish. I know the written test is offered in several languages, so as long as we study and he takes his time he should be fine.

THANKS

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Timeline

I think the hardest thing for Javier is going to be not working. He has been constantly working for so many years (it's one of the first things he got into when he went back to Mexico). I know he'll find a way to keep busy though. My dad already said he'll put him to work. :lol: Yes, gotta love my workaholic sweetie. Also, Javier actually likes to clean and stuff so I'm sure he'll be keeping the place looking nice while I'm not around. He can't stand for there to be a mess.

I forgot to tell you guys that the fish died... :( When I got to my room yesterday after work, his little dead body was hiding in the plant. I had to flush him. Now he's on his way to the cielo-the little fishy heaven. It was very traumatic for me. Just ask Charity. Luckily, Javier wasn't too mad.

-Oscar the Grouch

Oh my gosh! You should have heard her. I thought I was on the phone with a little girl. She was screaming. It was so funny. I told her to just pick it up and flush it. Then she started chanting over and over again, that was a dead body, that was a dead body. I know I shouldn't say it was funny under the circumstances, but you really should have heard her. :lol:

Timeline

Well the moment I screamed was when I was dumping the water into the toilet. It was the moment when the little corpse thumped out of the tank and into the toilet. It was freaky.

RIP Jimmy. RE_BetaFish.jpg

-Oscar the Grouch

Not to change the subject but I just downloaded some pictures to my computer and wanted to see if I could post one on here. So here goes.Snowpics054.jpg

Okay so it's really big but at least it's there. Now I just need to figure out how to make them smaller.

OMG you guys are tooo funny!!! :lol: RIP JIMMY :whistle:

AWWW Charity! you guys make such a cute couple. That is a beautiful picture.

Edited by elvia

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes Benita...Alex and Miguel must be long lost brothers! :lol: I know Miguel took the 2nd and 3rd written test in Spanish (he didn't ask for it the first time) but the actual driving test was in English.

Charity...Awww you guys are super cute. How fun!

Melissa...and a correction...JAVIER IS COMING BACK. Not "if". Sorry about Jimmy. ;)

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.