tafeagans

Discussion with Congressman's Office regarding USCIS K-1, Processing timelines

56 posts in this topic

So my apols if anyone thought I was being judgmental.

Aw, well I didn't think that at all!

I knew what you were getting at. :)

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I didn't think you needed to clarify, I understood your point.

Just to sort of ride your coattails though, speaking for myself I'll say that I'm being at least somewhat judgemental when I criticize whiners. I say that because it's really so selfish to come into a community who are just trying to get support (in all the forms that support is provided here), and then hijack a thread to rail about how they personally are being mistreated and that nobody understands their pain, yadda yadda. I caveat that by saying I am speaking of *nobody* in this particular thread.

By its very nature this process is emotionally charged, uncertain, and at times incomprehensible. The whole idea behind a community of people going through the same thing is to support and be supported. Railing at somebody because they can't possibly know what you're going through is like standing up at an AA meeting telling all the other alcoholics that they just don't understand. (I'm at least somewhat disconcerted about other parallels I could draw to alcoholism in my own particular case. :) ) And the same goes for those who spawn entire threads with unsubstantiated claims about the motivations, intelligence, crass jokes and speculations of the competence of the rank and file who are tasked with adjudicating our petitions. It does nothing but foment discontent and stir emotions unnecessarily. It is not venting, it is destructive. Absolutely no good can come of it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to kick a puppy... :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I didn't think you were being judgemental. I was just holding my hand up to being an offender from time to time. I guess I derailed the thread a little by asking the TSC question and then rambling on at my surprise at *some* people's attitudes. You're right some people are just mean.

I agree with pretty much all that has been said in the last few posts. So I'll leave it at that :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Note to all!

Simply view the current NOA2 received by fellow Visa Journey people on this site to get an understanding on how service centers are processing. I received NOA1 on October 2nd. Now, I'm seeing a bunch of people around me reporting NOA2's all of a sudden. If you were a government organization, would you be giving every caller an exact timeline of when they will get approved? Do we fully believe any organization could handle that accurately? That would probably create more trouble in trying to please callers by trying to give them an exact date on when they would be approved. It is impossible with their load of applications.

My best advice to everyone on this site and waiting like I am. Click on immigration timelines on this site. Search your visa and sort to your NOA1 date (great function on this site), view what others are posting for their process. That is the best way to understand how any service center is doing at handling all the applications. Calling isn't the answer, congressman won't get an accurate answer all the time and it is true that an application lands on someone's desk and you may get a hard worker, average or someone that is slow at their job (like any corporation out there - 10% do the work and 90% tend to move paper).

I believe the best evidence is what people post on their timelines on this site. (1) no reason to lie about your postings (2) people get excited to post good news, which then i believe is accurate (3) its a great way to view where you are in the process.

I WOULD LOVE THIS FOR ONE WEEK! PASS ON AND LET's SET A DATE - Everyone make a pledge on this site to not contact any service center by phone or even ask someone else to contact. All of a sudden have the phones stop ringing...1) they will notice something all of a sudden happened 2) they would have a lot of free time/interruptions to get things moving even better.

I pledge to not call.

-Jesse

Edited by southafricatousa

Filed: Timeline
I WOULD LOVE THIS FOR ONE WEEK! PASS ON AND LET's SET A DATE - Everyone make a pledge on this site to not contact any service center by phone or even ask someone else to contact. All of a sudden have the phones stop ringing...1) they will notice something all of a sudden happened 2) they would have a lot of free time/interruptions to get things moving even better.

I pledge to not call.

-Jesse

I see your point, but the people who answer the phones are not the people working on petitions. They are two separate groups of people, and probably even work in different buildings or floors. The work flow is not affected by phone calls to the service center.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

While many are inside the times, i am not. 8+ months since I130 reciept date, no touches, no RFE's. I am stuck in "background check" for 3 months, (based on VJ'ers timelines.) Dora and i have NOTHING to worry about our backgrounds so this delay is maddening.

I have a case worker with both Senators and my congressman looking into the issue. I know they can not "rush" the background check", but they can at least verify if someone is actively working on it.

So, the processing times only mean something if your case is normal, whatever that means.

5/18/07 130 Priority Date

1/29/08 130 NOA2

7/12/07 K3 Priority date

1/29/08 NOA2

2/20/08 NVC Recieved

2/22/08 Leave NVC

2/27/08 Embassy Recieves

3/7/08 Interview- APPROVED. Dora was interogated for 2 hours since she had a denial at POE last year. It was brutal, but she never had anything to hide.

3/10/08 Visa and plane ticket in hand

3/11/08 POE Miami (Why wait, huh?)

Timeline 130 filing to POE=306 days.

3/17/08 Mailed AOS via USPS Express Mail to Chicago lockbox

4/21/08 Recieved NOA1's for AOS, EAD, and Trav Doc's.

5/9/08 Biometrics appt scheduled for EAD and AOS.

jamie

Timeline

My post was not to say anyone was doing anything wrong on this site with posts or I knew exactly how the process works at the service center. I was simply working off of common sense. If you look at a company (I own a fitness center)...You have a front desk that handles all the calls and people that service everyone else and don't take calls. The phone calls all have to do with what the people not answering the phones are doing. Day in and day out the phone calls directly impact the the people that aren't answering the phones, because they have to report to the people that are what is going on so they can provide information...the more questions the more answers needed. So, I just had a fun thought of starting a week long ban on calling to see if there was a relate.

I feel for everyone on this site. It's an extremely painful process. I wish the best to everyone and to take my posts as a way of looking at things with common sense, not the cases outside the boundaries (those are exceptions). Because, for the most part, a lot of people get approved within the long set timeframe.

-Jesse

I pledge to not call.

-Jesse

I see your point, but the people who answer the phones are not the people working on petitions. They are two separate groups of people, and probably even work in different buildings or floors. The work flow is not affected by phone calls to the service center.

Timeline
My post was not to say anyone was doing anything wrong on this site with posts or I knew exactly how the process works at the service center. I was simply working off of common sense. If you look at a company (I own a fitness center)...You have a front desk that handles all the calls and people that service everyone else and don't take calls. The phone calls all have to do with what the people not answering the phones are doing. Day in and day out the phone calls directly impact the the people that aren't answering the phones, because they have to report to the people that are what is going on so they can provide information...the more questions the more answers needed. So, I just had a fun thought of starting a week long ban on calling to see if there was a relate.

I feel for everyone on this site. It's an extremely painful process. I wish the best to everyone and to take my posts as a way of looking at things with common sense, not the cases outside the boundaries (those are exceptions). Because, for the most part, a lot of people get approved within the long set timeframe.

-Jesse

I pledge to not call.

-Jesse

I wish you the best of luck during this long process. I only hope for lots of people to receive approvals when I go about my day.

-Jesse

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I just hope that times start to speed up instead of slow down. I guess processing times increase each year.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

So I guess that's what the increased fees are for...increased waiting times...kind of boggles the imagination...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Recently, I had a conversation with my Congressman's office regarding the length of time many people are having to wait for their K-1 Visa's for their Fiancess. Interestingly, I was told congress had received a number of complaints about the delays. My congressman in particular has called the USCIS and was told in person and in writing that the majority of cases were being adjudicated from receipt in the mail to completion within six months. I informed them that this must not be true and that they should really ask for a more accurate report and/or evidence to support this. My congressman's office was also told the bulk load resulting for the recent price changes is now nearly stablized and they are heading back to getting the requests completed within their normal time of about 4 months. I explained that this could not be true again and requested they inquire further. My congressman's office agreed to call on my behalf the USCIS Monday to assertain what is happening with my expedite request and reverify the work load. Perhaps our congress does not really know the length it is taking. I was told if for some reson your Fiancees name hits some reference with the FBI it could take years for them to resolve this. Not good news. Just what I was told. Wonder what your congressman would tell you?

My congressman's office was no help whatsoever when I hit six months. She said, wait another month, and if you still haven't heard, then come back. I came back when I got to seven months, and she said that on average these cases really do take about A YEAR, and that USCIS was desperately underfunded(thought $455/petition and how many million petitions plus tax dollars... come on i can do the math there! yes i know it was 170 before but still that's quite a bit times a million) and that I should be patient, and wait ANOTHER month, because if I pushed too hard now they might ignore me later.

I cant' tell you how ridiculous and unhelpful this office has been. To be put off, over and over, and get no response unless I call her office and ask to to please reply, even when I have already emailed her...

I just wish my congreess person's office would think hard enough to go.. 'huh that is weird.'

Edited by ric

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.