Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I had metal skates too, hand me downs from my sister, mine did not fit over the shoe mine had the boot built in and they where white.(they were way to big LOL) I still remember the sound they would make when I would skate down the road.

ching chong ching chong ching chong.... :lol::yes::lol::yes::omy girl said "ching chong!! :lol::D

I feel you, I had the "white high-top boot-type" skates also, everyone use to call me

"pinky tuskadero" wearin' them hot azz skates. (I was the only one that had snow white high top skates), every one else had the metal strap on type.

We lived near a hill and I had the bright idea to skate down that damn hill.....well what do you think happens when you combine metal skates, black top, and high speed??? NUMB FEET LOL :bonk::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and I had a pink bike with a banana seat LOL :luv:

well as for UNO, I had a pink "Huffy" customized with revving handle bars, a red siren and a basket on the handle bars to boot :star: .

I told y'all, I was truly "hood rich B) " and did not know it. :P

I did not live in the jungle but I did live in the mountains and we would always take off into the woods no one knew where the heck we were...gone all day...never occoured to anyone that an animal could have eaten us... :huh::lol:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never learned to ride a bicycle.

Bassi wants to teach me. He and Kay want me to join them on bike rides. I want to just get a big tricycle and call it a day. Why bother now?

The saying that "It is just like riding a bike" is a crock. The last few times I have tried to ride a bike, I have fallen off. I am used to back-pedaling to stop the bike not the handle brakes. So I back pedal first, then squeeze the front or back brakes then fall off. :wacko:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I had metal skates too, hand me downs from my sister, mine did not fit over the shoe mine had the boot built in and they where white.(they were way to big LOL) I still remember the sound they would make when I would skate down the road.

ching chong ching chong ching chong.... :lol::yes::lol::yes::omy girl said "ching chong!! :lol::D

I feel you, I had the "white high-top boot-type" skates also, everyone use to call me

"pinky tuskadero" wearin' them hot azz skates. (I was the only one that had snow white high top skates), every one else had the metal strap on type.

We lived near a hill and I had the bright idea to skate down that damn hill.....well what do you think happens when you combine metal skates, black top, and high speed??? NUMB FEET LOL :bonk::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and I had a pink bike with a banana seat LOL :luv:

well as for UNO, I had a pink "Huffy" customized with revving handle bars, a red siren and a basket on the handle bars to boot :star: .

I told y'all, I was truly "hood rich B) " and did not know it. :P

I did not live in the jungle but I did live in the mountains and we would always take off into the woods no one knew where the heck we were...gone all day...never occoured to anyone that an animal could have eaten us... :huh::lol:

Think about it...they did go ching chong LOL the whole time I was typing that I was thinking Cheech N Chong LOL

those were the days we were young and had no worries!!! NOW look at us...visa what where how???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
hey, has any one seen divine mercy? :clock: , :pop:

She posted in the K3 forum yesterday. They got their I-129F approved :wacko: and so they are going the K3 route now.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

I'm posting here, this is still the say anything thread isn't it ?

Well if not, sue me :angry: !

This immigrations process is getting the best of me and my husband :( .

This is the second time we've argued over NOTHING :bonk::ranting: !!!

And I am soo very tired of it .

He's frustrated :protest: at how long it takes and asking me what are they doing with our petition,

like I know !

And I'm frustrated :girlwerewolf2xn: at explaining every little detail, every little p and q, and all of the money that goes into the process.

I am so tempted to just smack'em in the back of the head and he probably wants to throttle the hell outta me !

But, noooo, there's distance between us and I can't get to him :cry: and he can't get to me :crying: .

So we've agreed to take a breather for a while :clock: , and thats something else I'm tired of.

If we were face to face, after a good ole arguement :girlwerewolf2xn::ranting: ,

we could do some good ole fashion makin' up :secret:(L).

But, nooooo, theres distance between us :clock: .

Aw phuq :diablo:!

Can y'all tell I am pisssssed :devil: ?

Okay, I am done for now :(:clock::cry: .

I Am Uno!

Yes,,,,,,, I can see you are pissed off right now. :girlwerewolf2xn: Let it out girl. These are tough times, and your SO is probably the only other person, besides us, you can yell at and we won't tell you to give up. I only know our side of the journey, but I am guessing that he is getting pressure on his side and being asked a lot of questions about his departure. Scream, cry, whatever. Now I am going to be snarky so don't take offense to it. OK????

But when he arrives and you are tired of his behind hoggin' your closet, taking the sheets on a cold night, or the nooky when you are tired thing; remember how badly you wanted this process to end. It is like pregnancy, you can't wait for the baby to come and after those first weeks of a colicky baby, you wish you could put it back inside of you so you can get some rest. So..... are you still mad at him?

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Chis,

I have stated it before, you are sooo very intuitive :idea:(F) .

(damn, I had to catch myself from crying :cry: right then, ahem) :wub: moving on...Yes, he is being asked all of the time about his departure :clock: , he sent me an email this morning and told me that he is thinking about turning off his cell phone due to all of the questions :secret: , but he needs to keep it on due to his family and when I call. So technically, he is screwed either way :content: .

But when he arrives and you are tired of his behind hoggin' your closet, taking the sheets on a cold night, or the nooky when you are tired thing; remember how badly you wanted this process to end.

And as far as the aforementioned statement, I'll take the first five years of that with no problem :goofy: ,

but after that....

"let the games begin and I'm ready to ruuuummmmmbbbbblllllle" :ranting: about my sheets. :bonk:

so yeah, I feel a bit better :mellow:

I Am Uno!

Yes,,,,,,, I can see you are pissed off right now. :girlwerewolf2xn: Let it out girl. These are tough times, and your SO is probably the only other person, besides us, you can yell at and we won't tell you to give up. I only know our side of the journey, but I am guessing that he is getting pressure on his side and being asked a lot of questions about his departure. Scream, cry, whatever. Now I am going to be :blink: snarky :lol: so don't take offense to it. OK????

But when he arrives and you are tired of his behind hoggin' your closet, taking the sheets on a cold night, or the nooky when you are tired thing; remember how badly you wanted this process to end. It is like pregnancy, you can't wait for the baby to come and after those first weeks of a colicky baby, you wish you could put it back inside of you so you can get some rest. So..... are you still mad at him?

:yes::lol::)(F)

I Am Uno!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Bassi doesn't talk much to anyone about leaving Ghana. We both worry a little about haters. But I imagine he's definitely tired of hearing people ask about me. Sometimes he'll say, oh I saw this person or that person and they say they haven't seen you in a while and wonder where you are. These people are one step above stranger but remember seeing me around the area and knew we were a couple. I generally blend in with the natives except as my new family says, I'm always looking all around which shows everyone I'm a foreigner. :lol: Really I'm just nosy. I also have a heart for babies, so I connected with a lot of women with infants and toddlers and he says that he'll be on the bus going to work and women will ask him about his wife. He never fusses, but I imagine it gets to be a bit much after a while. But Bassi is probably the most patient person I know. He is exactly my opposite.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

When Inusah and I started this absurdly long process he did not want to tell his family. His older brother went through this a few years ago and seeing all the inquiring minds asking when this and that is going to happen turned him off to telling people what we were doing. I told my parents and sisters only because they are not the kind to keep asking questions and a little later he told his mom.

It was when I went home between the NOA1 and NOA2 that people started seeing that we were a couple and when we officially got engaged but I don't think he actually told his siblings about what was going on until after we got the NOA2, partly because when I called to tell him he was with his brother and the cat was out of the bag :P

When we were waiting for all this to happen we did not talk about the process. The separation is hard enough to deal with without wondering about immigration and when the papers are going to get through.

Hang in there Uno (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning all :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I really thank you guys for the encouragement :thumbs: .

I just sent him an email telling him "I am not that strong" :dead: .

And sometimes, I just want to scream at the top of my lungs :girlwerewolf2xn: .

You know, just to relieve some pressure :P ,

but my kids might think I'm crazier than ever :secret: .

So I wont be doing thaaat :hehe:

So, now that I have got that off of my chest, I'm going to read :reading: Joyce Meyers book, "me and my big mouth" and see what lessons I can learn.

And again, thanks for everything, I really don't know what I would do with out you guys>:D<

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.