Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Chipas, Zainab and Zee playing in those environments must have been awesome. I don't care where children are, they always find a way to have fun.

Ladies what about the toy trucks made from cans and or large juice boxes and pop bottle tops for wheels being pulled by a handle made from a metal wire hanger. I'm kinda cheating, I have seen the kids in Jamaica pulling them. :dancing:

Mrs Chi Town (Uno) I have three words for you:

Chinese Jump Rope (with the rubberbands); Jump in, jump out, jump side to side, jump on, jump in, jump out. :P

Kick Ball with the big beach ball in the alley using people garages as the bases. :goofy:

RED LIGHT - GREEN LIGHT (need I have to say more) :idea:

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Chipas, Zainab and Zee playing in those environments must have been awesome. I don't care where children are, they always find a way to have fun.

Ladies what about the toy trucks made from cans and or large juice boxes and pop bottle tops for wheels being pulled by a handle made from a metal wire hanger. I'm kinda cheating, I have seen the kids in Jamaica pulling them. :dancing:

Chinese Jump Rope (with the rubberbands); Jump in, jump out, jump side to side, jump on, jump in, jump out. :P

Kick Ball with the big beach ball in the alley using people garages as the bases. :goofy:

next level of

chinese jump rope, with the rubber band rope pull to your knees...ouch!; clap in, clap out, clap side to side, clap on, clap in, clap out!

wait til' the lights go out to play "hide and go seek *cough* get some"

eigth grade graduation singing "children hold on, to your dreams, believe in love, let love be the light to show the way, and love will shine on you one day" :whistle:

and "super transfers on sunday", ride all day long for $.100

"garretts" cheese and carmel mix

133973882_2f23bf7865.jpg

:dance:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Timeline
next level of

chinese jump rope, with the rubber band rope pull to your knees...ouch!; clap in, clap out, clap side to side, clap on, clap in, clap out!

eigth grade graduation singing "children hold on, to your dreams, believe in love, let love be the light to show the way, and love will shine on you one day" :whistle:

133973882_2f23bf7865.jpg

I was downtown last week and had a medium bag of caramel crisp & cheese corn mix.

The opposite of Double Dutch what do you know about turning "Irish" ?

Mr. Freeze - you had to stay frozen until someone would run up to you and touch you (thaw you out).

Catch a Girl Kiss a Girl

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

We_Destiny,

I just noticed your "pervert" notice after being touched too many times. Reminds me of girls chase the boys? I think that one must be a universal game.

:jest: :jest: :jest:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Timeline
My knees are totally ruined from using those skates on mud and stone streets. The worst thing we did was pile 5 people on a bicycle and ride down a muddy hill in the dry-season. I was sitting and the handle bars so you know my coochie took the brunt of the tumble.

WELL< I do remember the metal skates and skating without all the knee pads and helmets!!!!! I also remember sitting on the handlebars of my brother's bike when we would "sneak" to the bowling alley and get SUGAR BABIES! and BIG RED soda with the money we took from my dad's pants..... Those were the days....

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
We were the trial and error kids, they just threw are butts outside and as long as you did not go to far, "you could do whatever you want"

In the playgrounds we had Monkey Bars, and MayPoles with none of that cushion or padding they use now a days just concrete to catch our falls.

Who rembers standing up in the middle of the the See-Saw.

The guys would ride their bikes down the block trying to go from corner to corner Poppin Wheelies.

The Candy House with NutChews, Wine Candy (Jolly Ranchers) and Sour Cherries for a penny and Icee Cups (frozen Kool-Aid in styrofoam cups).

Those were the days kids today don't know what fun is. ( Hey wait a minute I sound like my mother) :oops: No really I'm not that old, I'm still Tender. ;)

YES, you are starting to sound like my mother! But I remember the monkey bars and maypoles and MANY falls to the concrete!

I am (was) the QUEEN of the See-Saw

I rode down the block poppin' wheelies with the guys

And I AGREE - The kids today don't know what fun is.........

K-1 Visa Journey

06/05/2007 - Approved

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

AOS Journey

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

We_Destiny - we must be close to the same age! I LOVED kick ball!!!!!!! And chinese jump Rope!

What about : Tether Ball --- Hoo-La-Hoop --- Jacks ---- Marbles ----- Yo-Yo --- Pac Man

K-1 Visa Journey

06/05/2007 - Approved

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

AOS Journey

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

We_Destiny - we must be close to the same age! I LOVED kick ball!!!!!!! And chinese jump Rope!

What about : Tether Ball --- Hoo-La-Hoop --- Jacks ---- Marbles ----- Yo-Yo --- Pac Man

JJWashington - PAC MAN : I still remember my patterns up until the apple comes out (WHAaaT)

What about Galaxy? Joust: Picking up the eggs? Burger Time: throwing the pepper on the Patties and Pickles? Ohh!!! I was a game room junky; as soon as I got my allowance on Saturdays I was there all day.

Did anyone ever tie and tape a string to a quarter and keep pulling it back and forth to put more credit on the machine?

About two months ago I beat my cousins daughter playing Jacks got up to 6's but my nails got in the way.

I am young at heart!!!!

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

next level of

133973882_2f23bf7865.jpg

Uno...

You are my sister...or I think we grew up next door to each other... I got you on all of that.....but what about Catch A Girl Kiss A Girl :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Red light, green light reminded me of playing Red Rover :o

We used to play kickball in the school hall. There were these pillars that we used as the bases. And it was so funny because while one group was using the pillars to play kickball another group was using them for freeze tag.

OAA...are you filing for a K3 or CR1? I want to add you to the list but I am confused by your timeline :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

we all played those games too.

I was trying to teach some of the young girls how to play double dutch and finally they gave up and I taught them chinese double dutch instead. They caught on to that much easier.

And boy oh boy do I miss block parties. They were so much fun. Went late into the night the police left you alone. We also had "play streets" in the summer time. One of the blocks would be closed off for the whole summer by the police and the kids could play there without dodging cars.

Basement parties were also the bomb back then and safe too. A fight always broke out, but there were no guns involved back then. It was fist to fist.

In the urban jungle we also used to open the fire hydrants and play in the water or try to wet the people passing in cars. Until the firemen came along and yelled at us and closed it off. Something about fires yadda yadda yadda....just spoilin' our fun!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

we all played those games too.

I was trying to teach some of the young girls how to play double dutch and finally they gave up and I taught them Chinese double dutch instead. They caught on to that much easier.

And boy oh boy do I miss block parties. They were so much fun. Went late into the night the police left you alone. We also had "play streets" in the summer time. One of the blocks would be closed off for the whole summer by the police and the kids could play there without dodging cars.

Basement parties were also the bomb back then and safe too. A fight always broke out, but there were no guns involved back then. It was fist to fist.

In the urban jungle we also used to open the fire hydrants and play in the water or try to wet the people passing in cars. Until the firemen came along and yelled at us and closed it off. Something about fires yadda yadda yadda....just spoiling' our fun!

Zaina, This sounds like the stuff my cousins and I used to do when I would visit them in Brooklyn. I spent a couple of summers with them and we would go from block to block for the parties. This always culminated in us opening up the fire hydrant and running through the powerful water force over and over again. I also remember playing stick ball and handball down at the park. This is where I saw my first junkie and hookers. :help: My English was poor, but I hung tough with my cousins. The older cousins used to have basement parties and we'd sneak downstairs to watch the big kids grind under the dim blue light. There was no worry of guns or knives, just the worry of getting pregnant by Ms. So and so's son Rupert, Delbert, Fonso and "dem ova deer" . :devil: The scariest thing we did was jump the subway turnstile and walk from car to car when the train would turn! If my mother only knew what was going on when she sent me to NY!

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Other Timeline

hey every body,

this is a link that was posted on the K-3 forum concerning our petitioning issues.

go to this link to sign up for participation in a "tele-conference" regarding USCIS' services

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1171038701035.shtm

Edited by unononehigher

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had metal skates too, hand me downs from my sister, mine did not fit over the shoe mine had the boot built in and they where white.(they were way to big LOL) I still remember the sound they would make when I would skate down the road. ching chong ching chong ching chong....

We lived near a hill and I had the bright idea to skate down that damn hill.....well what do you think happens when you combine metal skates, black top, and high speed??? NUMB FEET LOL :bonk::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and I had a pink bike with a banana seat LOL :luv:

I did not live in the jungle but I did live in the mountains and we would always take off into the woods no one knew where the heck we were...gone all day...never occoured to anyone that an animal could have eaten us... :huh::lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I never learned to ride a bicycle.

Bassi wants to teach me. He and Kay want me to join them on bike rides. I want to just get a big tricycle and call it a day. Why bother now?

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.