Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
i'm mad today... i went to apply for a scholarship and this lady made me so mad.....

on the form it asks to put down your race; (One race only) WHITE- BLACK- ASIAN- HISPANIC (non-white)- INDIAN

so I ask her can I write OTHER or BLACK and ARAB? she says no. if you are black, you are black. and to me you are BLACK, so put BLACK.

i was like ????? damn... i thought it was quite racist... but refused to comment...

Hi, I know I typically don't post on this thread, but I saw this post and had to say something... Those forms make me so angry!! My son is half black/half white so there is always going to be the discussion of "Mommy, what do I choose?" I don't see why he should have to choose. If they have to have those stupid questions to try to pigeonhole people, they should at least acknowledge the fact that not everyone fits a perfect mold so perhaps they should put a "choose all that apply" option. I know he's probably going to end up choosing the black option because that will help him get scholarships but really, does half his heritage have to be forgotten?

Ok, rant over. Hope everyone has a good day!

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
i'm mad today... i went to apply for a scholarship and this lady made me so mad.....

on the form it asks to put down your race; (One race only) WHITE- BLACK- ASIAN- HISPANIC (non-white)- INDIAN

so I ask her can I write OTHER or BLACK and ARAB? she says no. if you are black, you are black. and to me you are BLACK, so put BLACK.

i was like ????? damn... i thought it was quite racist... but refused to comment...

Hi, I know I typically don't post on this thread, but I saw this post and had to say something... Those forms make me so angry!! My son is half black/half white so there is always going to be the discussion of "Mommy, what do I choose?" I don't see why he should have to choose. If they have to have those stupid questions to try to pigeonhole people, they should at least acknowledge the fact that not everyone fits a perfect mold so perhaps they should put a "choose all that apply" option. I know he's probably going to end up choosing the black option because that will help him get scholarships but really, does half his heritage have to be forgotten?

Ok, rant over. Hope everyone has a good day!

I always mark both white and black for my children on the forms. I don't mind if it says choose only one, unless it is a computerized form and you can only choose one. In those cases I don't pick one, as your race should not matter. I know to some it matters. I always wonder what my husband is going to put on forms, because to be honest most of the forms I see, say african american, and I know he is very proud of his Ghanaian heritage. I agree with kanyiri they should have, "choose all that apply", or if none apply a blank space to fill in what your race is, since race matters so much on forms. These things upset me because we are all humans, why would it matter what color we are.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone. it's friday! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Happy Friday! :)

I-130

07/29/2007---began process

01/24/2008---I-130 APPROVED (email)

I-129F

11/2007-------sent I-129F - VSC

02/17/2008---touched (at Vermont)

...I'm CR1 now--IV bill shows CR1--oh well

NVC

02/12/2007---at NVC

02/25/2008---received DS-3032 and AOS bill

03/10/2008---received IV Bill ($400!!)

03/24/2008---mailed DS2032

10/10/2008---approved at NVC

11/06/2008---interview (more evidence)

02/17/2009---2nd interview- PASSED!!!!!

04/01/2009---He finally landed on US soil. (no joke)

4309082_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Timeline
Good morning!!!

Where is Charles :unsure:

right here. had to wait until nessa was done reading vj :D

good morning everyone!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

where is everyone? :angry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI and Salamm to the converts and good ladies. I was looking for the referred thread oabout doing cyber spying on so in order to prevent wasted yrs and money it seems, on someone wh is using you for citizenship. etc.. was seeing how that was working for the MENAs?? the spying and lack of trust issue, that a killer in any marriage esp ones where man is suppose to be head of household.. where is this discussion???

If you happen to catch him talking and trying to be cute like a kid in candy store in this new america. smack him over the head with quran and tell him to behave like a grown ### muslim husband one you be proud to show around in public. Not a little ##### chaser and sucker

If he talking to wife in kids in old country that you didnt know about. say" fine im second wife and you didnt have to tell me." but im upset about withholding vital information from me that affectsfamily stablity.. Invite the sister into your home.

If you think you have to spy on him, then you never really felt close to him in first place. Ie treating him like a stranger.be nice and show you love instead of suspicion.

Its a submissive culture and religion Islam means submission to Allah. YOu can yell scream pout cry all you want. your duty is to him and he will listen mainly to word ALLAH. Also cooking naitve food helps. try reg prayer. and dont be too hard if they are not gerring things right , its prob not meant to hurt you,if they are of good heart and man are they will learn how to do things the right way and not become an enemy. The best judge of character is how they act treat and do @ home, are they selfish and v modrn thinking, well then maybe they are looking for the gold palace in america, which is basically fictional ideation. and your the vessel for this to happen. If they are looking for help thier family, and looking to ALLAH then chances are they are going to be great companions, husbands and providers. If you find they have wife , belive me she will more than likely not stir you up. These men are taught to take care and love more than one woman, starting with Momma first..

SO need to understand and appreciate these things. Ive seen alot of muslim males who are not perfect and do fall from thier duties, but when it comes down to it they always go back to thier upbringing. and in the end,they value most the thingsand peoples which is near to said upbringing.

So Imo the the SPying and the Crying and the Paranoia is hurting you more thant the said "perp" no matter if its one month or 5 yrs said to be "lost" if you do or dont...If you say to a friend or a SO i trust in Allah that he and you will be there for me. then chances are they will not forget you. You spy on them you lose this trust all the way around....

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.