Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
hey stevii,

thanx for the well wishes. everything is coming to a head this weekend. keep me in your prayers.

but on a lighter note, all yall movie buffs, check out this site.

its pretty good...me thinx.

(F)

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=K8S7KGIU (this link may take you to angelina joli's "wanted" movie????)

that site^^^^^^^^^is too hard to maneuver :angry:

okay, edit::::: :wacko::wacko:

this site is even better, it is :blink: ?????

www.tv-links.cc

you wanna do "streaming" video and some require firefox to work.

sorry if I mislead some folks :star:

good nite :luv:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone. yay it's friday! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Happy Friday Everyone!! :thumbs:

Uno, saw the Wanted movie a while back...I am a fan of hers...not bad...not fabulous...just a movie to watch to take your mind off of things... action packed....not really to learn anything from or get a moral message or anything ;)

LL, are you still in your house or were you evacuated yesterday?? :unsure: I will try to call you later. I hope all is ok with you...that big meanie Ike!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey! morning guys! I've been a bit out of it and not quite posting as regularly. Having issues with my ex. I guess he's jealous after all. Not good! Oh well, just trusting in God. (and consulting a lawyer - mama didn't raise no fool!)

Bassi is going to take his written test today and he's beyond stressed. I'm so afraid he won't pass and then he'll be a sour puss all weekend. <_< It's cold up here. I think we're going to have a rough winter. Well, Bassi is very very very cold. We're all in light jackets. You know, the precursor to a coat. Well, he's under my down comforter ALREADY. This is going to be a HARD winter for my house. We're going to the mall to get him a jacket or probably a coat. Poor guy. I think he wants me to turn the heat on, but c'mon, do you know the price of oil? He's gonna have to layer for at least another month. I will just note, that Kay and I are not cold. We're quite comfortable with the fall weather and wearing our jackets when we're out late, but still sleeping in summer pjs. Poor Bassi.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Wow Z! Sounds like you've had your plate full for a little bit.

Inusah and I are going shopping this weekend to get him some warmer clothes. He hasn't complained about the cold even though he has noticed that it is getting cooler. This is my ideal weather so I am all for opening windows and such. Inusah has not seemed to mind it (so far).

As for the driving test ( <_< ) I have asked Inusah when he is going to take it and he keeps saying that he wants to take it only once. I'm like, you can take it as many times as you want, you don't have to make an appointment or pay for it. But he says that he is only going to take it once. He has been studying the manual for a month, and its not liek he doesn't know how to drive. I would just like to get this part over with :wacko:. Well, the longer he procrastinates, the less I have to pay in auto insurance :dance:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Wow Z! Sounds like you've had your plate full for a little bit.

Inusah and I are going shopping this weekend to get him some warmer clothes. He hasn't complained about the cold even though he has noticed that it is getting cooler. This is my ideal weather so I am all for opening windows and such. Inusah has not seemed to mind it (so far).

As for the driving test ( <_< ) I have asked Inusah when he is going to take it and he keeps saying that he wants to take it only once. I'm like, you can take it as many times as you want, you don't have to make an appointment or pay for it. But he says that he is only going to take it once. He has been studying the manual for a month, and its not liek he doesn't know how to drive. I would just like to get this part over with :wacko:. Well, the longer he procrastinates, the less I have to pay in auto insurance :dance:

Bassi finds driving in the US overwhelming. He feels that we drive too fast and that there are so many signs to read that he's surprised people don't crash. I think it will just take him time to get accustomed to it, because I thought driving in Ghana was insane. He will only drive our car if it's late at night and no one else is on the road. So, I've been patient and not pushed him. It's best anyway because I'm a control freak about the car. With my ex husband, I road in the back of the minivan cause otherwise, I was insane. I've even been known to grab the steering wheel from the passenger seat. My friend Steven won't let me ride up front with him at all! Unfortunately, I've raised a miniature me, so she sits behind Baba Bassi when he's driving and says, The speed limit is 45. You're going to fast, S-L-O-W D-O-W-N. So, now you know why his nerves are frayed. :blush:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To both of the "Z's" thank you for sharing your recent happenings. I am praying for you both.

Some things we don't stop to think about are the smallest of things. After experiencing the driving in many of the Nigerian states, I don't imagine it would be too much different in Ghana....but I would think these to be some of the most gifted drivers, it baffles me how they can drive at such high speeds with no traffic rules/laws, but on the other hand, I can see how our signs, rules, laws, tickets, court hearings, etc...could be so overwhelming.

I believe it is something that will take time.

As for the weather...that is so cute how they are feeling so cold at this time of year. I remember how hot I was when I was in Nigeria, and always had frozen bottled water and ceiling fans. This is my favorite time of the year too. I love Fall.

Well, I just wanted to send well wishes, and I can't wait to one day be posting an update of when me and my Taiwo will have been together for a few months (By God's Grace).

S.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would just like to express my missing of Asante Maroon's postings. Wherever you are, I have you in my thoughts, and miss your "old wise" contributions here. God bless you "mama", as you like to say.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Omoba,

I'm asking you openly to please just press ignore on my postings.

You must stop defaming my character as you know nothing about me.

I don't bother you or your postings and I expect the same respect

from you on this open forum.

I feel as tho your trying to build up a crusade of " LET'S GET IDOCARE " audience.

Even tho I may not like what you say, I don't come on your site causing

division. Let's just respect each others right to post. Thanks in Advance.

Idocare

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Other Timeline

my prayers are with LL (as well as all of those being affected by Hurricane Ike).

I hope you are safe from the storm.

(F)

Edited by UNO...

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Omoba,

I'm asking you openly to please just press ignore on my postings.

You must stop defaming my character as you know nothing about me.

I don't bother you or your postings and I expect the same respect

from you on this open forum.

I feel as tho your trying to build up a crusade of " LET'S GET IDOCARE " audience.

Even tho I may not like what you say, I don't come on your site causing

division. Let's just respect each others right to post. Thanks in Advance.

Idocare

Idocare,

You are right I don't know you. I do know some things about you. I respond to threads because it is a public forum and

reserve my right to disagree with your opinion.

I have known your postings to be defaming to Africans and especially to Nigeria due to the ending of your marriage to Victor.

I have taken issue with your negativity in these forums, yes, and countered it with a what I feel fair assessment of

Nigeria and Nigerians. This is an immigration board for couples with foreign SO's to come together. Your bitterness issues against Nigerians were disturbing and offensive to many, not just me.

I do not wish to ignore your posts at this time but continue to voice my own opinion.

You say you have not bothered me or my postings. Not correct, you have freely responded to my posts in the past and

you have stated publicly that my fiance and I will not succeed in our relationship. That was personal. It defamed him and me. It was disrespectful and not cool.

Despite all that, I have even offered you an apology for you taking offense in general because of my opposing opinion. You did not respond to that apology.

I do not want to defame you as a person but I disagree with your opinion. There is a difference. I am sorry you see my posts as defaming you as a person.

I do respect everyone's right to post.

Please honor my freedom to do the same. If we disagree then we disagree and that is all. People disagree, such is life.

I have never called you names or violated TOS in my posts countering your opinions with my own perspective.

If you have further issue with me you can pm me at any time. If I have offended you in anything specific say so, I am not too big to apologize. I have stayed within TOS. I have asked you in the past to keep the revenge posts and deportation rallys to the "effects and changes " section. That did not happen. You have stepped down from the previous level you were on I do admit that much, however, subtle Nigerian prejudice still creeps into your posts to which I have a right to freely respond. I will do so respectfully.

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I spoke to LL yesterday morning and she was getting herself prepared for Ike, she was at home and not at work. I tried calling several other times through the day and only got the machine, I am sure that she was busy bracing for the storm. I left a message yesterday evening. I will try calling again today.

LL we love you and we are all praying for you and your familys safe passage through Ikes fury (F)

MUCH (L) P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.